Matt Groat released?

GNR4LIFE

Can anyone confirm this? i don't want to get my hopes up if it isn't true.

@Spartan117 said:
Surprised if true.. fallen out of favour …. why

Imo he isn't up to it. We're going to have a wealth of depth in the front row next yr - Woods, Galloway, Buchanan, Seumanufagai, Gavet, Taupau, and most likely Blair spending time up front as well. I'd say its in both parties interest that he look elsewhere next yr.

@GNR4LIFE said:
@Spartan117 said:

Imo he isn't up to it. We're going to have a wealth of depth in the front row next yr - Woods, Galloway, Buchanan, Seumanufagai, Gavet, Taupau, and most likely Blair spending time up front as well. I'd say its in both parties interest that he look elsewhere next yr.

Initial reaction was slightly annoyed we didn't persist. Really don't want another Fifita. But you're right all the people you named are far better than Groat, and unlike BMM I don't see an enormous point in paying overs for him if some other club really wants him. We probably can't offer him top 25 or a guarunteed place in the 17 so if someone else picks him up, it's all good imo.

i hope not. i rate him and i reckon he can make his career at our club

Not surprised if this happens. I'd be interested to know what kind of trainer he is and what his application is like?? He's obviously still young enough but Potter hasn't really warmed to him.

Who is good at Photoshop? Someone needs to photoshop a picture of Potter with a broom. Love that he's clearing out the deadwood

Sheens stuffed this bloke played him way too early in first grade.

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_

@Tigerpete said:
Not surprised if this happens. I'd be interested to know what kind of trainer he is and what his application is like?? He's obviously still young enough but Potter hasn't really warmed to him.

Has played massive minutes since he's been back from injury. And seems to get through masses amounts of work on the field.

So if that's an indication of his work ethic, I imagine he's a hardworking trainer!

I can cope with a prop rotation next year of Woods, Galloway, Ava and Buchanan. Backrow of Sironen, Fulton, Sue, BMM, Thompson, Lovett, and guys like Blair, Taupau and Gavet who can cover anywhere in the forwards.

Another who Potter didn't warm to. Don't think BMM, Sue, Ava or Buchanan are any better than Groat.

Never in Potters plans, he will be signing elsewhere.

@GNR4LIFE said:
@Spartan117 said:

In the context of dominating forward packs next year, Buchanan - zero size/speed/impact.
Ava- POSSIBLY may develop
Gavet - untested in NRL
Taupau - good young prop.
Groat - not up to it..
So that really only leaves us with woods/Blair/Keith/taupau that can impose themselves over rival packs.
(That's right Blair too, has been very good since moving to prop )

@Ed Reschs said:

Agree with you Ed. He was promoted way too early. He'll probably be one of those props who mature later.

Sad to see him go, I hope he goes on to good things elsewhere.

He isn't exactly being 'released'
He's off contract so just not being re-signed

@Ed Reschs said:

\
\
So true i would like to see he get another shot at first grade before he is discarded.Its an old adage but true" you cant have too many props" the attrition rate is so high.

Back