Matthew Woods

Cheffo

I have been a big fan of him and have followed him through the juniors. Gutted to see him in a Parra jersey today. This is all becoming too depressing.

Good post Cheffo. A great young talent and like you it was a great pleasure following his progress through the juniors. I don't know what the reason is for his move but it is sad to see him go. I hope is has a great career at the Eels.

@Pawsandclaws said:
Good post Cheffo. A great young talent and like you it was a great pleasure following his progress through the juniors. I don't know what the reason is for his move but it is sad to see him go. I hope is has a great career at the Eels.

Obviously one of the 85% interviewed who was singing derogatory songs on Mad Monday and was in the pro Robbie camp and hated Jason Taylor with a passion

@happy tiger said:
@Pawsandclaws said:

Obviously one of the 85% interviewed who was singing derogatory songs on Mad Monday and was in the pro Robbie camp and hated Jason Taylor with a passion

par·a·noi·a.

He's a backrower and to be quite frank, I think we have better at our disposal coming through.

@Pawsandclaws said:
@happy tiger said:
@Pawsandclaws said:

par·a·noi·a.

ab -sol-ute-ly no clue :brick:

@king sirro said:
Gee…he showed very little IMO.

Will not be a first grader

Tall & rangy, good defender, good ball runner, goal kicker, SG ball winner, NSW rep. Showed plenty IMO.

I thought we had big wraps on him - maybe a chance to get where he wants quicker or more money on offer

Rather than wonder why he or anyone else would leave, I guess the real question is why you would stay if someone else wants you?

He was under contract, another one Taylor didn't want.

@Pawsandclaws said:
@happy tiger said:
@Pawsandclaws said:

par·a·noi·a.

Its called sarcasm , give it a whirl sometime

A bit small and injury prone. Was a promising junior and he does seem a decent leader and goal kicker, but wasn't a forceful runner of the ball at nyc level. Once (if) he packs on some size we'll see how he goes. Tackled well though.

I'd take Siro jnr jnr, Stone and maybe Cassell ahead of him, and then there's esan martsers who was a very damaging runner. And that's just out of our nyc team. Liolevave could come good after a year against men whilst being eligible for nyc too.

The trade for Aloiai seems a bit odd. One for our nsw cup rotation i guess…

@Balmain Boy said:
A bit small and injury prone. Was a promising junior and he does seem a decent leader and goal kicker, but wasn't a forceful runner of the ball at nyc level. Once (if) he packs on some size we'll see how he goes. Tackled well though.

I'd take Siro jnr jnr, Stone and maybe Cassell ahead of him, and then there's esan martsers who was a very damaging runner. And that's just out of our nyc team. Liolevave could come good after a year against men whilst being eligible for nyc too.

The trade for Aloiai seems a bit odd. One for our nsw cup rotation i guess…

Cassell is training with the first grade team.

I heard the wraps on Woods coming out of Balmain juniors. When finally watching his NYC games, I was not overly impressed.

There's something to be said about being 16-17 and a very effective footballer, but if you remain at 90 kg when the other boys round out at 105 kg from 18-20, you are going to struggle.

He looks to me to have handy skills but lacking the power. Like a weaker version of Liam Fulton, who himself took a long time to not get smashed in every hitup.

Won't be a loss. Both santi and Lovett were better players at the same age and neither have kicked on.

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0_

Back