Mayer

@TrueTiger said:
How about we let the dust settle on the Mayer discussion and see what sort of job he does for us herein..The new structure of the place will soon see if improvement right across the board has been positive or negative …..

If they all do their own job and not interfere with others then all should go smoothly.

Hopefully Mayer will improve as CEO as will our team performances....

I would , but why didn't people like Potter , Payten etc get the same leeway ??

I'd jump for joy if Mayer went. Can't stand the guy. His treatment of Potter, his pathetic tweets and his absence when he should have been front and centre was a bloody disgrace. He's a fake.

@cktiger said:
@Jerry Seinfeld said:
@Geo. said:
@foreveratiger said:
Irvine what is your role with the Wests Tigers ? Your info has been incorrect in years gone by with other Wests Tigers matters , and your making out to know exactly what's going on with Teddy's Contract .

Irvine = Sam Ayoub…

That or a dogs fan etc trying to stir up crap on another teams forum with the hope the gullible will bite and support him.

I certainly don't agree on every subject with Irvine but do you really think he would waste 3 years of his life pretending to be a Tigers supporter?
Sheeesh :laughing:

Sad I know right :laughing: :laughing:

@Geo. said:
Yes I agree…lets not discuss Mayer on a discussion board.....

It sure has been over discussed on the discussion forum.How mout we just see how this year unfolds huh.

@Irvine said:
@foreveratiger said:
Irvine what is your role with the Wests Tigers ? Your info has been incorrect in years gone by with other Wests Tigers matters , and your making out to know exactly what's going on with Teddy's Contract .

I am never wrong..you must be confusing me with someone else.
the only other one who comes close is POM…give me a break I am just trying to help you poor people out.

Potter a dud = correct. Called it from day one.
Molone into the NRL squad = correct. How are you goose ?
Mayer is a Grub = correct.
And here is this years special. Robbie love's JT = correct

Mayer is a grub=doesnt pay 650,000 a year for Tedesco.You really are Sam Ayoub arent you pal. :laughing: You said earlier in this thread Mayer was a grub because he paid crap money to teddy.Your an insider huh you have more leaks than the titanic.And you call us "poor'' people.More like you are trying to pretend to be someone you are not.

@Jerry Seinfeld said:
@Geo. said:
Yes I agree…lets not discuss Mayer on a discussion board.....

It sure has been over discussed on the discussion forum.How mout we just see how this year unfolds huh.

:laughing: Well that can be said for every topic including your mate Robbie…..it would be a pretty barren place if everyone took the wait and see approach......*crickets

I'm with 'wd'. His (non) performance addressing the media throughout the Farah/Potter situation was enough to convince me. The 'new broom' clean out fell one short.

If the Wests Tigers playing group and a large section of our fans don't like Mayer he is doing a bang up job IMHO

@Jerry Seinfeld said:
@foreveratiger said:
As of yet i don't know the Positives that Mayer has brought to the Plate , i personally have said in other threads Months ago that Mayer has handled alot of situations very poorly in my Opinion?
1.The whole Potter Contract situation (leaving him in the dark for a long time )
2.His comments with the Campbelltown Stadium game early on the year got plenty of Wests Tigers fans of side
3.The Tedesco Contract Fiasco ? which is still ongoing in terms of becoming Official

These are what i can think of?
The Positives :
1.New Sponsor?
2.Retention of key Juniors ???????

I think most of those Juniors signed more for wanting to play with there mates than Mayer's influence.
I'm happy to be corrected?

Mayer will be remembered for one thing that this club has not enjoyed for 15 years.CHANGE AND STRUCTURE at the top so it will be in a much better position for players to play,coaches to coach and CEO to CEO.Potter situation certainly was messy but lets face it when Potter was rumored to be going after saints game "virtually" no one wanted potter gone at that point(they wanted him to see the season out at least).The Tedesco situation could be considered a positive because the END RESULT is we will get him for cheaper and for a much more salary cap effective deal.Point 2 I agree with but maybe Mayer has realised kicking into Campbelltown when Leichhardt fared no better re crowds was a mistake.

The changes at the top had very little to do with Mayer. The change was brought about by the NRL who required three of their people on the board. The other two are from Wests Ashfield. This new five person board has brought about the change in the organisational structure. Mayers role is to see the boards policy and vision is carried out … lets hope he can do it.

I am not a great Mayer fan especially after the way he handled things last year. He strikes me as a salesman, good at the sales pitch, but not so good at backing it up. In saying that I think the club has now got the right structures in place that will allow Mayer to concentrate on what he is good at and keep him away from things he is not so good at. By this I mean, the GM of football operations, Phill Moss will hopefully keep Mayer away from the day to day operations of the club and also be the person who will be dealing with the playing roster.

The only thing that could bring this unstuck is, if Mayer is a control freak and dosnt allow Moss the freedom to do his job. Time will tell!!!!!

@Knuckles said:
@Jerry Seinfeld said:
@foreveratiger said:
As of yet i don't know the Positives that Mayer has brought to the Plate , i personally have said in other threads Months ago that Mayer has handled alot of situations very poorly in my Opinion?
1.The whole Potter Contract situation (leaving him in the dark for a long time )
2.His comments with the Campbelltown Stadium game early on the year got plenty of Wests Tigers fans of side
3.The Tedesco Contract Fiasco ? which is still ongoing in terms of becoming Official

These are what i can think of?
The Positives :
1.New Sponsor?
2.Retention of key Juniors ???????

I think most of those Juniors signed more for wanting to play with there mates than Mayer's influence.
I'm happy to be corrected?

Mayer will be remembered for one thing that this club has not enjoyed for 15 years.CHANGE AND STRUCTURE at the top so it will be in a much better position for players to play,coaches to coach and CEO to CEO.Potter situation certainly was messy but lets face it when Potter was rumored to be going after saints game "virtually" no one wanted potter gone at that point(they wanted him to see the season out at least).The Tedesco situation could be considered a positive because the END RESULT is we will get him for cheaper and for a much more salary cap effective deal.Point 2 I agree with but maybe Mayer has realised kicking into Campbelltown when Leichhardt fared no better re crowds was a mistake.

The changes at the top had very little to do with Mayer. The change was brought about by the NRL who required three of their people on the board. The other two are from Wests Ashfield. This new five person board has brought about the change in the organisational structure. Mayers role is to see the boards policy and vision is carried out … lets hope he can do it.

Agreed knuckles , that is what i was thinking . I'm led to believe the Change is more from Board level and it's like you said , Mayer Duty is to make sure the Changes being asked are implemented . Not to say that Mayer didn't have an input in it which i'm sure he did .

I just think Mayer has not been as good as some make it out .

@Irvine said:
I have told you what the hold up is with Tedesco and how disgracefully Mayer handled the whole thing but still we have people speculating with no knowledge of what is going on and obviously never had any dealings with Mayer.
Once more for the dummies….waiting for Mayer to deliver on his promises re 3rd party agreements.
As Mayer often recites...Don't believe ever thing you read in the newspapers.

\

@foreveratiger said:

Can you update us on the "Tedesco contract fiasco" :laughing: please Irvine.

@MightyTiger said:
Sounds to me Irvine your the one with little idea buddy. This is an open forum where everyone can voice their own opinion but you seem to think it's okay to rubbish everyone when they do. So in saying that, if you are so clued up to what is happening, you sure make some ridiculous comments.

Firstly if the players were so disgruntled why are the majority re signing? Secondly would you be happy if the club gave in and payed Tedesco $650,000 + for a player that has broken down several times and played 20 odd games in three years? Yes don't get me wrong, the kid has serious talent, but the club has done the right thing and payed what he is worth at the moment, not what he could, would or should be worth, they stick to their offer and didn't give in to his managers games.

Thirdly you say you know so much and your an insider at the club, but gee your info is off a lot of the time, it must be one of a few things. Either your just a supporter trying to big note your self or your the EXACT problem people like Mayer are trying to get rid off at the club, staff with their own agendas thinking they are bigger then the club. Seems like you might be next to get a tap on the shoulder if the latter is true buddy.

Oh and by the way, I never said Mayer is the best CEO going around, but he is a damn sight better then half the monkeys out their and seems to run a financially solid club!

Change is good when its removing cancer. :sign: :sign:

Jerry,I was one at first to doubt Mayers job as CEO,however I have given him the chance to show me more..
I think his financial background and sourcing new sponsors deserved credit where it's due,he still has work to do but I feel I have confidence in him to continue improving in his role…

@TrueTiger said:
Jerry,I was one at first to doubt Mayers job as CEO,however I have given him the chance to show me more..
I think his financial background and sourcing new sponsors deserved credit where it's due,he still has work to do but I feel I have confidence in him to continue improving in his role…

Agreed totally True Tiger.

@TrueTiger said:

I just cant agree with this. In terms of financial background, he was given a bail-out by the NRL and the groundwork for that was laid before he took the CEO job. The club would have not improved their financial position with member numbers down, crowds down and a number of the sponsorship properties not filled for a large percentage of the year.

In regards to getting new sponsors on board, again i think this has been a good PR job - Meriton and Allied have been long term sponsors. Moment Media and XCast are the same company that used to be Yuuzoo and they had been on board for years prior but couldn't do anything due to the Telstra rules and restrictions under their NRL deal.
We went last year without a sleeve sponsor and back of jersey sponsor until we picked up mid-season deals. I know they were much lower than Hyundai and Bingo used to pay. We also lost a lot of other big sponsors such as Gatorade and Betfair. I would say quite a sizeable net loss overall.

There was also an exodus of office staff late last year on their own terms, which makes me think the management style may not be great, but cant say for sure. The Robbie situation and Potter situation also shows that management isn't his greatest asset.

I think he is biding time and a change will come to this role soon.

@towntiger said:
@TrueTiger said:

I just cant agree with this. In terms of financial background, he was given a bail-out by the NRL and the groundwork for that was laid before he took the CEO job. The club would have not improved their financial position with member numbers down, crowds down and a number of the sponsorship properties not filled for a large percentage of the year.

In regards to getting new sponsors on board, again i think this has been a good PR job - Meriton and Allied have been long term sponsors. Moment Media and XCast are the same company that used to be Yuuzoo and they had been on board for years prior but couldn't do anything due to the Telstra rules and restrictions under their NRL deal.
We went last year without a sleeve sponsor and back of jersey sponsor until we picked up mid-season deals. I know they were much lower than Hyundai and Bingo used to pay. We also lost a lot of other big sponsors such as Gatorade and Betfair. I would say quite a sizeable net loss overall.

There was also an exodus of office staff late last year on their own terms, which makes me think the management style may not be great, but cant say for sure. The Robbie situation and Potter situation also shows that management isn't his greatest asset.

Given a bailout by the NRL cause Balmain went broke.not his fault.The fact we've retained any sponsors after the last season we had is a miracle in itself let alone the new sponsors hes bought on.the Robbie and Potter situation was messy and could of been handled better but he has started weeding out the leakers and deadwood.

towntiger,I understand your view,however you must remember that there have been many changes at the club,the old saying….out with the old and in with the new...

The new board has bought professional business acuman to the club and with it comes better organisation and stability...

If you read into my thread I did say he has work to do,but he is making progress albeit under the watchful eye of the board..

I will give him the chance to prove he is worthy of the role of CEO after this season,all things take time to come to fruition...

Stay positive towntiger and maybe we will all see some good results on and off the field....

@towntiger said:
@TrueTiger said:

Yep the NRL and new board is the instigator of most of the changes
, and also JT and Moss have had a big hand in things.
At least Mayer hasn't had any major stuff ups in the last few weeks, so that's a good thing. I just hope he stays right away from any from any team involvement .

Back