McKinnon - a must to sign !

gatorman

McKinnon had one of his quieter games tonight but once again was solid at the back.

Loved the inside ball from Lawrence to him but unfortunately he couldn't get clear.

Shows however he has what it takes as a Fullback.

Best we have had since Hodgo.

McKinnon at Fullback and Moltzen at Half, Lui back in the 20's.

Yeah I'd sign him for sure, he will be intergral to our succes in two months time.

Great game from McKinnon tonight, hes proving to be a great buy for us and just what we needed for fullback. Id definately sign him for next year although I hope Mullaney gets his chance at some stage.

@gatorman said:
McKinnon had one of his quieter games tonight but once again was solid at the back.

Loved the inside ball from Lawrence to him but unfortunately he couldn't get clear.

Lui is too old for the 20's next year.

Its a dilema though because we dont want Mullaney getting the shits and leaving

I was never a fan of spitter mckinnon but i must admit he's grown on me the last few weeks , his backing up is fantastic

@alien said:
@gatorman said:

How about Lui at lock?

Happy to sign McKinnon. If not give Meaney a real crack.

Mullaney is not close to the level of these two yet and 4 light years away in terms of physicality

Agreed. McKinnon has slotted in nicely and it's a fantastic roaming fullback (ala Brett Hodgson). Apart from his early fumble, he had another good game in the Black, white & gold jersey. SIGN HIM UP!

@jirskyr said:
@alien said:
@gatorman said:

How about Lui at lock?

And displace Heighno? No way.

@AmericanHistoryX said:
wish he was faster.

He does seem to have lost a bit of pace, this was evident when tuqiri offloaded for him to break away against the dragons, only to get run down by ben creagh.

However he has been very goo and I'm stoked with the purchase

Ill play devils advocate and disagree. Im happy we signed him this year, but in all honesty, i believe the last 2 weeks have proved that Lawrence has the makings of being a sensation at fullback. With him playing 5/8 he's showed glimpses of what he can do with the ball, and i think as a fullback, he'd be perfect for us. Playing Lawrence as a running fullback with an ability to use the ball when needed is exactly what we need. I cant believe Sheens has never tried him there.

I can see your point sirro and it may be a good move but I just think he provides so much at centre that I can't justify moving him away from there fulltime.

Considering McKinnons ability and Meaneys skills I think the area has good coverage and if Mullaney ever lives up to the hype he will slot in there.

@smeghead said:
I can see your point sirro and it may be a good move but I just think he provides so much at centre that I can't justify moving him away from there fulltime.

Considering McKinnons ability and Meaneys skills I think the area has good coverage and if Mullaney ever lives up to the hype he will slot in there.

I felt the same way about Lawrence as a centre but ive now decided we can afford to move him form centre due the emergence of Ayshford and Daniela, along with next years return of Tuiaki.

Would McKinnon clasify as a marquee signing per year?

Given we have extended Ellis, i think if we signed McKinnon on a proper deal he would fill this spot that sheens refers to.

have to give our recruitment team a rap here - mckinnon, ellis, lote - all great signings. hope we re-sign mckinnon for 2011!

I'm in two minds about McKinnon. He is going well for the Tigers at the moment, but a guy like Meaney is only 24 next year and deserving of a chance to play FG. I'd be inclined to offer him a 1 year deal but give serious consideration to playing Meaney and give him every chance in the trials.

Latest posts

Back