Mckinnon has to start at FB next game

ron_burgandy

Beau seems to have lost his form at FB (having the fitz picked ahead of you may do that) and needs to go back to the right wing, mckinnon will bring enthusiasum and a more impact style to the fullback role as well as the support play thats been lacking over the past 6 weeks, this could be vital selection and its time for tim to stop playing favorites and pick the best players available

Beau and Fitzy were quite safe options for the past couple weeks but the bottom line is that they have nothing when it comes to attack. I really think that a good attacking fullback who can create plays and support the ball runner could really take our game to the next level. Desperately need a genuine fullback.

@benjibrotown said:
Beau and Fitzy were quite safe options for the past couple weeks but the bottom line is that they have nothing when it comes to attack. I really think that a good attacking fullback who can create plays and support the ball runner could really take our game to the next level. Desperately need a genuine fullback.

You wouldnt even consider Beau & Fitzy "safe" to be honest-they both take sthe occasional good one,but also make quite a few mistakes too,although a fullbacks life isnt easy these days.
But neither adds any value whasover in attack,which puts more pressure & oppostiopn defence focus on the centres

His most recent form where he could not oust Lance Hohaia and saw him playing reserves suggest he might be a way off, that said who knows what a change of scenery and being closer to family may do for him.

Personally I would like to see Meaney given a proper shot and McKinnon to prove he deserves the call up playing for BRET.

But realistically you don't get someone mid season on basically zero dollars because they just want to swap reserve grade sides

I'm not too sure on what was going on over at the Warriors, but looking at the picture from afar, I have a feeling Wade's problems over thier was a personal difference with Cleary.

Cleary was very lucky to have a guy of the calibre of Lance O'Hohia, who is that good it was easy to find a place for him in the starting team and send Wade a message.

I hope Wade gets back to his best with the change of location…

i admit his form hasnt been that of seasons past for him, but fitzy and beau make me nervous whenever a kick is put up or along the ground, wade is safe as houses in those situations and i think his support play is alot better then beau and fitzys

I dont hink he should start next week. I'd be happy for him to have a run in state Cup or come off the bench in NRL before getting that number 1.

im with sirro …. wade has struggled all year at the warriors , and couldnt make their 17 ... why is he a walkup starter?
when wade is in form he is a top player , but unfortunately he is no where near his top form

We know that Beau can do a job for us at 1\. Not the greatest player in the world, but he's a handy guy to have around…

I really hope when McKinnion gets a run he is able to fit in reasonably quickly. He's a Very, Very, Very good support player. I think the textbook example of how a fullback can inject himself into the game is Hodgo's performance against the Cowboys in the 05 semi final. The one where Ray Warren screams out "oh no not Hodgson again!!". He just kept popping up in the right place at the right time... It would be nice to have that feather in our cap again.

I don't think Beau Ryan has got that kind of support play in him. I think Sheens had it in mind with Moltzen at 1 but it wasn't quite working out. I'm hoping the Warriors made a mistake letting him go...

totally agree. slot him in next game. we bought him for a reason. at the moment we dont have a real fullback - so we went out and bought one.

@AmericanHistoryX said:
totally agree. slot him in next game. we bought him for a reason. at the moment we dont have a real fullback - so we went out and bought one.

So you dont care if he's playing like siht? Just plonk him in eh?

Why would he get a walk up start geez

Just like Jason Cayless and his walk up start….stupidity...

Whatever happened to Sheen's plans of playing Lote at Fullback?? Was it decided against or did the idea just fade into obscurity??

@TIGERS said:
Whatever happened to Sheen's plans of playing Lote at Fullback?? Was it decided against or did the idea just fade into obscurity??

on NRL on Fox he said it ended up him having to replace Tuiaki

Fitzhenry should slot straight back in if passed fit. He has the recent form on the board in the number 1 jersey. Ryan is following down the same path as Moltzen's stint at the back. It's clear Sheens instills the gameplay into their heads to over rule their natural games.
Ryan was running at the line with speed and enthusiasm when he first got the gig, now he has been instructed to run acrossfield to link up with a winger to take the hit-up wherever possible. His ballshowing feign to step simply doesn't work and just takes away his momentum on impact. He was better off doing what he did before and hitting the line without self preservation.
Fitzy doesn't need to do this, as his role previously at winger was to take the first hit. What this does is allow the halves to get in position during the first two carries, and forwards get back and set themselves for the 3rd, 4th hit ups.
McKinnon's game IMO is not that different to the traditional fullback's game of Gallant.

@innsaneink said:
@AmericanHistoryX said:

So you dont care if he's playing like siht? Just plonk him in eh?

no Ink - i dont care - i just believe in him. He has the know how between the ears - he's been around the block so to speak, i think Ink - the rest will fall into place. Do you not think that he could be good in this team? He's not getting any younger either. If he doesnt cut it - then better to know sooner - just like cayless. anyway Ink, i dont really care but i must admit i'm excited about the prospet of Mckinnon chiming into our backline and eliminating dropped balls at the back.

you win Ink - maybe he is crap. Lets leave at that. I live in hope, I love life and see the best in people. If he is crap then so be it. I dont want to argue with you, I'm your brother on this forum, through thick and thin - i want what you want - and if you stop Ink from time to time you'll realize we bleed the same colour blood - black, white and gold. I apologize if i've offended you regarding Mckinnon. You now more than me in regard to his situation it seems. Personally, with the calibre of such a signing - peronally i thought if he is in a slump the best fix would be to get him back on the horse as soon as possible.

Latest posts

Back