McKinnon set to be resigned until 2013

@AmericanHistoryX said:
if this is true then bye bye mullaney and his goalkicking

Mullaney is probably a worse goalkicker than Marshall. His percentages aren't great either.

Sean Meaney on the other hand. A better goalkicker and probably just as good a fullback as both of them. What about him?

I think McKinnon long term is a great signing. And I don't see why we can't have a little $$ in reserve from the first grade cap to top up Mallaney's contract and have him stay.

We seem to run with a back off the bench and I think this spot should be saved for Jake. He is quick and can cover the halves or fullback - probably centres too. I would like to see him off the bench next year and be given his opportunity to shine.

I also agree that we should not put all our eggs in one basket - but Jake wouldn't be on too much cash and I don't see why we can't top him up a little.

I am not sure about Meaney but he did get 1 run in first grade this year ( i know it was only about 5-10 minutes ) but with sheens you just never know what players he will give a decent go to from the lower grades. i am sure he rates mullaney but we might never see him in the top grade if we dont do something soon.

I refuse to believe it until Ron tells me its so. Then when that happens I look forwartd not long after to a press conference announcing the signing of Wade & Chris Lawrence until 2013.

No idea….he's still contracted till 2011 so anytime between now and then I'd say...

@MacDougall said:
@AmericanHistoryX said:

Mullaney is probably a worse goalkicker than Marshall. His percentages aren't great either.

Mullaney is just ahead of Marshall on career %. Marshall is around the 69% mark over his career. But currently kicking at 62.5%.

Jake Mullaney
Goals 150
Attempts 211
Kick % 71.09 %
Career Summary
**Games: 39 Tries: 40** Con: 150 F/G: 0 Points: 460
Scoring Summary
Most Tries: 4 Most Goals: 8 Most Points: 28
2+ Tries: 10 3+ Tries: 5

2013 is ages, if true. Even so, I'll be pretty happy with the signing (I would have been stoked if this was three or so seasons ago…).

Is it still too early to have a Where will Moltzen play in 2011 discussion?

@Staks said:
@MacDougall said:
@AmericanHistoryX said:

Mullaney is just ahead of Marshall on career %. Marshall is around the 69% mark over his career. But currently kicking at 62.5%.

Jake Mullaney
Goals 150
Attempts 211
Kick % 71.09 %
Career Summary
**Games: 39 Tries: 40** Con: 150 F/G: 0 Points: 460
Scoring Summary
Most Tries: 4 Most Goals: 8 Most Points: 28
2+ Tries: 10 3+ Tries: 5

I'd also be willing to bet hard earned that Marshall has taken a far greater percentage of his shots from the sideline.

Hes been "solid" at the back,but not a whole lot more,& at 28 Im not sure why we'd sign him for 3 years when we have Mullany coming thru,who also kicks goals.Were going to throw away our best u20s player in yonks if we sign to 2013
Ideal wld be a one yr contract for mcKinnon if its doable

Mckinnon has been great for us in the short time he's played for us, and that is all good and well, but will this push Jake Mullaney out of the argument?

The blokes just come off some serious injuries and still hit the ground running from day one at the tigers, a good off season and he will even be better next year. A good buy at probably a very fair price

good to have a natural fullback playing there.
has done well since joining the team.
no doubt if he gets a good combo going, with Chrls Lawrence & Lote, the oppostion will be dreading playing against them

great having a fullback who supports the ball and positions well. will be happy to have him on board for another few seasons.

Back