Melbourne v Manly *spoilers

stryker

Smith putting on a masterclass for his 350th game.
Amazing to think he had a pec strain only 8 days ago. Resilient beyond words.
Starting to think he has an identical twin brother…Thats FTB's worst nightmare :laughing:

Close to the best player I have seen play the game

waiting for the small men to come in and call him a grub.

On the other side, Manly going from 100 to 0 real quick. They are getting destroyed again. I wonder how this will affect their finals charge.

Wally Lewis was saying about Cameron how is position is the most important on the field, that was also my conclusion - that is the game is not owned by the halves, they only get a bite of the cherry if nothing going at DH.

@ said:
Starting to think he has an identical twin brother…Thats FTB's worst nightmare :laughing:

Maybe the twin signed the backroom contract…....

@ said:

350games is a good effort. Still doesnt change the fact that he's a maggot though fortunately.

@ said:

Hold on…. I can say he is one of the best players I have ever seen, yet in the same sentence I can say he is indeed one of the grubbiest players to every pull on a jersey. The two opinions dont have to be mutually exclusive.

@ said:
@ said:

Hold on…. I can say he is one of the best players I have ever seen, yet in the same sentence I can say he is indeed one of the grubbiest players to every pull on a jersey. The two opinions dont have to be mutually exclusive.

No they are not but in the case of Smith the grub views arise from envy.

He is no Greg Bird, Paul Gallen, Danny Williams etc. They all deserve the grub label. Smith doesn't.

You can criticise Smith for playing the refs, which he does, although it aint much of a criticism.

@ said:
@ said:

Maybe the twin signed the backroom contract…....

Must have been. Cameron wouldnt do something like that.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

He is no Greg Bird, Paul Gallen, Danny Williams etc. They all deserve the grub label. Smith doesn't.

You can criticise Smith for playing the refs, which he does, although it aint much of a criticism.

if he wasnt one of the players getting paid from both book at Melb, I will eat my shoe. He was also captain of the club who bought us the chicken wing, crusher, cannon ball… He was the ranking player in a team who systematically tried to permenantly damage players.

Gallen, Enis, Reynolds are all grubs. Smith is a very different type of grub, but a grub all the same. To be fair, I take Smiths well meditated infractions as being at the worse end of the spectrum.

Still hate Gal as much, lol.

A great result I work with a lot of Manly supporters, and they are the team that I love to see on the wrong end of the scoreboard.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

if he wasnt one of the players getting paid from both book at Melb, I will eat my shoe. He was also captain of the club who bought us the chicken wing, crusher, cannon ball… He was the ranking player in a team who systematically tried to permenantly damage players.

Gallen, Enis, Reynolds are all grubs. Smith is a very different type of grub, but a grub all the same. To be fair, I take Smiths well meditated infractions as being at the worse end of the spectrum.

Still hate Gal as much, lol.

Tried to permanently damage players? Ridiculous statement. Wake up to yourself.

@ said:

tell me you arent trying to say chicken wing tackles, werent consistantly emploted by the Melbourne system, which are without doubt joint manipulation meant to injure. I could go into the crusher, also from the Melbourne wrestling system, also the ankle cranks….

I am guessing your point is he was rarely involved in the incidents themselves.

Now everyone will agree he is an educated and articulate player, that was captain during Melbournes evolution of inflicting harm through now illegal tactics. If you think he wasnt complicit in what was a clearly educated system intent to maim, then you are a clown.

He is either a moron, or knew what was going on... simple as that, and his station as captain bears the burden of responsibility.

Consistently the most complete player I've ever seen - congrats on 350 Cameron!

As for Manly…92 points scored against them in 2 games! What the hell has happened??

@ said:
@ said:

tell me you arent trying to say chicken wing tackles, werent consistantly emploted by the Melbourne system, which are without doubt joint manipulation meant to injure. I could go into the crusher, also from the Melbourne wrestling system, also the ankle cranks….

I am guessing your point is he was rarely involved in the incidents themselves.

Now everyone will agree he is an educated and articulate player, that was captain during Melbournes evolution of inflicting harm through now illegal tactics. If you think he wasnt complicit in what was a clearly educated system intent to maim, then you are a clown.

He is either a moron, or knew what was going on... simple as that, and his station as captain bears the burden of responsibility.

They werent designed to cause injury. They are techniques from jiu-jitsu employed to cause a player to yeild and submit to the tackle. It evened the playing field for the smaller defenders. To say this club purposely employed tactics to injure their rivals is idiotic. You watch too many films.

@ said:

As for Manly…92 points scored against them in 2 games! What the hell has happened??

Even we can't be that bad

And they have a much better side than us

@ said:
@ said:

As for Manly…92 points scored against them in 2 games! **What the hell has happened??**

Barretts off to the Dogs apparently

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

As for Manly…92 points scored against them in 2 games! **What the hell has happened??**

Barretts off to the Dogs apparently

If so who coaches Manly???

Back