Yeah...nah..

Tiger_heart

Strange season this...Feels like the attitude is one of "Che sara' sara'.." I get the sense that overall if this season where to end today, there wouldn't be too many complaints. This week will be the same as next week, and the one before and the ones from many years before that.
Is it a case that slowly but surely we're all becoming numb to the pain of losing? Have the WT achieved diminishing marginal returns on our emotions?
Whereas before acute grief would set in at every loss, I am now finding myself resigned to the somewhat inevitable loss, even wishing at best for the team not to be beaten by a cricket score. Surely a fan should have higher aspirations! A win almost comes at a surprise.
Yes, being a fan is a rollercoaster of emotions, which I signed up for. Perhaps I need to unplug from my fandom. Clear my head and provide an opportunity to get a little emotional distance from the season. But in my heart I know the WT will still drag me in. Damn you WT!!

Look at the bright side... we are not expected to win... learn how to use that power... use it - dont abuse it... no pressure.... in the end.. only 1 team can win....

Whilst I will always support this team, the same passion I felt looking forward to them play each weekend has disappeared, and whilst we are still not in the last position, there is nothing to suggest we are not going to end up there. I know Benji is got his heart for this team, but we appear to need another assistant coach to handle the discipline on field. I am sure this is half the reason why we always cop the wrong end of ref calls that can make the difference. Anyway I can curl up under my blanket in the foetal position and suck my thumb till 2025 😢

This season is different from others for me. In the past it was probably 80% disappointment in what the team was dishing up and 20% frustration at the NRL. It's flipped for me. I see what we are trying to do, I see improvement. So now that I feel like in general we are now doing the right thing, at least moreso than past years, my level of frustration at the NRL is beyond repair. I can't bring myself to watch next Saturday, and its not because of the team. It's the NRL I $#&%#$# hate

For the most part I've enjoyed watching the Tigers this year and the first half yesterday was great- i thought they are gunna win.- regardlless of the referee they folded in that first 15 minutes of the second half and the game was gone.
I watch most of the weekend's games and unfortunately the Tigers look to be the poorest of all the teams- Souths look to be the only side we could beat on current form- so after a promising fortnight earlier in the season its pretty much doom and gloom again
Newcastle in Tamworth next week which i thought was very winnable without Ponga- but that Armstrong at fullback is very handy.
I'll still be cheering for them of course as we all do.

This season is different from others for me. In the past it was probably 80% disappointment in what the team was dishing up and 20% frustration at the NRL. It's flipped for me. I see what we are trying to do, I see improvement. So now that I feel like in general we are now doing the right thing, at least moreso than past years, my level of frustration at the NRL is beyond repair. I can't bring myself to watch next Saturday, and its not because of the team. It's the NRL I $#&%#$# hate
Great post. I feel exactly the same way

Latest posts

Members online

Back