Michael Maguire leaves club

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Hooper is getting 50% inside info from some grub, and then 50% making it up. He has been wrong many times and just continues to throw the darts in hope.

It is absolutely clear that for a bloke who supposedly loves the Tigers, has an axe to grind and an agenda to peddle as a favour to his source, whoever that is.

Even worse, when he reports so called factual information (which is nothing more than guesswork), some on this forum continue the conversation as if it is some sort of fact. It was rumour in the first place, so if you have placed your thinking on the rumour and drawn conclusions from that, more fool you!

I honestly don’t understand how he has a job
Spoken about him in depth before but I don't know where he came from or what his resume is.

Just appeared one day and ended up on TV.

Literally belongs in a basement somewhere on a laptop eating cheetos and drinking mountain dew, running a internet radio show or podcast that no one listens to.

Hoops probably thinking no news is good news and trying to get ahead of everyone else. until we hear any communication from the club in regards to the review (quotes from Sheens) I wouldn't say it's done. Chammas, Nicolussi and Read are the ones I typically pay attention to.

I know it's Hooper but really hope we aren't in limbo for another 4 weeks unless that's how long it will take to iron out a replacement's contract.

Madge, Players & Fans all deserve better than 4 week trials.... from media reports this will be like the 2nd trial already this year. Parra/Souths saved him. Now another 4 week saving period. Indecision shows lack of leadership - just hope the media aren't correct on this.

Prefer them to be decisive, stick with Madge and see the plan out or move him on.

Does nobody yet realise - It is what it always was....

Sheens been here long enough to make some observations and used a bye week to have a chat here and there and see what he thinks moving into next year....

The only people that have Madge sacked are the media - there's been nothing from the club to say they're even reviewing his position - Now or at the end of last year.
The same media that has Luke Brooks to Newcastle, Munster to the Donkeys, Haas to the Storm and every other bit of shite they rattle on with over the course of a season.

Hooper is a sad little guy.

Dying to be one of the boys.
Bang on!

He seems desperate to be mates with certain people.
He has reported on "funny" things that happen in Matty Johns's family as if he is in on the joke.

And rumours that Maguire was sacked at the end of last year were running hot too as well as all the players we are supposed to have signed - more untruths in rumours than truths.
Very true, we tend to suffer a disproportionate number of rumours, simply because we tend the capture the publics imagination more than others.

We make fans of other clubs feel better about their lot in life when compared with us. Makes them happy looking at our misfortune.

Except the dogs, whom I think needed a more balanced recruitment, more solid mid tiers.

I think they borrowed from the rooster strategy but something went astray. For all his weirdness and reported arrogance, Barrett fell on his sword. I give him a kind of respect for that.

Madge is much much tougher in the self belief department but does it really easy.

I’m sure he has self doubt, but he’s not abandoning his post.

Last edited:
I

honestly don’t get the hole fox league thing why has it gone down the path of drama filled nonsense watching an episode of nrl 360 these days is honestly like watching married at first sight honestly who’s sits down and watches that crap 3 nights a week
Because they got into bed with News Ltd and the DT. Once was good, now Big Brother of the NRL world. Hooper, Frothfield, Crawley, Riccio. You will notice they also appear regularly on Triple M, which is what has caused them to slide back to oblivion.

Newspapers don't sell anymore - so like a Lantana vine, they just grow on another host tree and slowly strangle them to death.

I

honestly don’t get the hole fox league thing why has it gone down the path of drama filled nonsense watching an episode of nrl 360 these days is honestly like watching married at first sight honestly who’s sits down and watches that crap 3 nights a week
MAFS is better. At least it doesn't pretend it's not a circus show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back