Michael Maguire should be our new coach

@supercoach said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1464329) said:
@harvey said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1464141) said:
Needs to go, but he is not the only one.

Nofa can move with him, along with Joe O.

I have been saying all year that his bench rotation is terrible, today proved it. Blore & Tuilagi were out on their feet, Madge left them out there while Amone got splinters.

Bad roster with a worse coach

Today’s bench rotation was stuffed due injuries, and Joe O has a bigger dig than most…but the effort today reflected a team that had lost the coach and what he was trying to achieve. So we must move on with a new coach

Players were forced to play out of position and play longer minutes due to injuries. The fact that we had a fresh man on the bench and players that could hardly walk on the field was due to the coaches inability to read the game, and adapt to what he could see.

Can someone explain to me what Madge is good at as a coach?

Based on today it is not:
- motivation
- tactics
- game management
- selection
- talent identification
- fitness
- structures

I am seriously trying to work out what it is he brings

@madge said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1464214) said:
How do you retain these juniors ? How do you sell a picture to external players and juniors again? This club is a coach killer. I don't see another coach honestly capable of turning this ship around even with how we are going off the field. We sack the coach, expect another couple of years of misery. It's going to be a perpetual cycle of sacking coaches on this trajectory. We are stuck in this whole for a while. I am glad I am not the one making decisions. I feel sorry for all of us fans who turn up and support this club. I will continue to but its really getting ridiculous.

No easy solution that's for sure.

I really think a younger coaching staff would do wonders. People who can relate to the current gen on a personal level.

Plus, surround them with a ton of positional coaches. Recently retired players to up the skill factor.

Sheenius can oversea the whole operation.
Bring in some staff that can grow and develop with the current players...

@thedaboss said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1464290) said:
@madge said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1464289) said:
@thedaboss said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1464284) said:
Anyone watch the presser

Barrett's giving his conference at the moment, just started. Madge after him.

Name change time?

Not much said.
Basically just said that his path is the right path and blamed injuries.

I only have faith in Craig Bellamy fixing this joint.

@harvey said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1464364) said:
@supercoach said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1464329) said:
@harvey said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1464141) said:
Needs to go, but he is not the only one.

Nofa can move with him, along with Joe O.

I have been saying all year that his bench rotation is terrible, today proved it. Blore & Tuilagi were out on their feet, Madge left them out there while Amone got splinters.

Bad roster with a worse coach

Today’s bench rotation was stuffed due injuries, and Joe O has a bigger dig than most…but the effort today reflected a team that had lost the coach and what he was trying to achieve. So we must move on with a new coach

Players were forced to play out of position and play longer minutes due to injuries. The fact that we had a fresh man on the bench and players that could hardly walk on the field was due to the coaches inability to read the game, and adapt to what he could see.

Can someone explain to me what Madge is good at as a coach?

Based on today it is not:
- motivation
- tactics
- game management
- selection
- talent identification
- fitness
- structures

I am seriously trying to work out what it is he brings

A losing culture that’s the best I can come up with

@krammy said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1464147) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1464126) said:
Do we just give it to sheens?

Would he take it?

Good question - but my God, we need him so badly.

Without sounding ageist, I think he may be a little bit old to handle the pressure of something like this.

@tiger-woods said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1466934) said:
65% chance Tim Sheens will be the coach next season

0% chance Tim Sheens will be the coach next season. I can make stuff up as well.

Is Laurie Daley not getting a mention because of his tenure with the blues? He was up against arguably the best origin side ever. Wasn't he penciled in with us for a job as a halves coach a few years back? Sheen's connection.

@dyloh said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1466948) said:
Is Laurie Daley not getting a mention because of his tenure with the blues? He was up against arguably the best origin side ever. Wasn't he penciled in with us for a job as a halves coach a few years back? Sheen's connection.

Not getting a mention because he isn't rated.

@cochise said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1466952) said:

Yeah that's my point, how are we rating people like John Morris higher then Laurie Daley?

@alltheway said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1464012) said:
@mike said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1463687) said:
@krammy said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1463663) said:
@mike said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1460268) said:
In deliberate mocking the other coaching threads I propose that Michael Maguire should be our new coach for 2022

A man who understands the Wests Tigers, what the club is about, has the passion for the club and understands what is needed to move the club forward.

Maguire has brought a number of youngsters along, and is showing them what NRL is all about and getting them ready for a bright future at the club.

These include, in no particular order, and is not limited to:

Daine Laurie
Jake Simpkin
Jacob Liddle (after horrific injuries Liddle has had an injury free season)
Stefano Utoikamanu
Jock Madden
Asu Kepaoa
Shawn Blore
Tukimihia Simpkins
Kelma Tuilagi

Defence has always been an issue with the Wests Tigers but it is good to note that Maguire has stuck with Alex Twal, and included Shawn Blore in the squad both of whom have impeccable defensive statistics.

In addition to the above we cannot leave out:
Adam Doueihi - Developed into our new goal kicker and 5/8
Thomas Mikaele - singed an extension with the club
Tommy Talau, who after a slow start is starting to show promise.

The young blokes are the Wests Tigers future and Maguire knows it and understands it.

Wow - I am just watching the wooden spooners smash us - currently 22-0 and I see 39 people have upvoted this post. I have been prepared to change my mind all year regarding Madge, but this is the final straw. Bring on the review. Madge is not the answer - we need a new coach.

There is a number of players that need to go before Madge.

Typical comment from u back this fool blindly!!
Look at the players with no motivation by the life sucking coach known as Maguire.
Seriously after that u still want this fool???
Give me peptides everyday of the week compared to this moron!

I thought you must have been on the juice with that little tirade?

@dyloh said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1466955) said:

Yeah that's my point, how are we rating people like John Morris higher then Laurie Daley?

Cos Morris has coached at club level, Daley hasn’t.

@mike said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1466935) said:
@tiger-woods said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1466934) said:

0% chance Tim Sheens will be the coach next season. I can make stuff up as well.

Not me according to Benny Elias & a bunch of other people involved with the club

@tiger-woods said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1467029) said:
@mike said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1466935) said:

Not me according to Benny Elias & a bunch of other people involved with the club

Benny is not involved with the club either, other than being a media nob.

@gnr4life said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1467016) said:
@dyloh said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1466955) said:

Cos Morris has coached at club level, Daley hasn’t.

Fair point. I'm not ragging on Morris, just thought it was weird Lauries name hasn't been thrown around at all considering the lack of established coaches throughout the league.

The Tigers being trailblazers with their own TV show should hire a female coach.

Maybe female players as well.

Couldn't be any worse than some of the big girls we currently have.

@hank37w said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1467229) said:
Maybe female players as well.

Couldn't be any worse than some of the big girls we currently have.

We certainly have a few princesses there.Maybe the the club should hire a manicurist to keep them happy

Latest posts

Back