Michael Maguire should be our new coach

The only good thing if we sign a coach that can attract players we have money to do that

I’m a big Madge supporter but it’s over. Flanagan only man that can repair this.

Yeah I didn't want to see the club walking down this road again, but it's not working.

I'd go as far to say that the entire coaching department needs a cleanout.

Fresh ideas without the taint of the current mob.

Would also be the 1st coach in yonks with cash to spend and very few inflated contracts to worry about.

Whatever he's doing is obviously not working and I highly doubt anything will change the longer he stays...

who can replace him? there is no better names out there and that is not me saying madge should stay. please don't say flanagan.

@mike said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1463687) said:
@krammy said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1463663) said:
@mike said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1460268) said:
In deliberate mocking the other coaching threads I propose that Michael Maguire should be our new coach for 2022

A man who understands the Wests Tigers, what the club is about, has the passion for the club and understands what is needed to move the club forward.

Maguire has brought a number of youngsters along, and is showing them what NRL is all about and getting them ready for a bright future at the club.

These include, in no particular order, and is not limited to:

Daine Laurie
Jake Simpkin
Jacob Liddle (after horrific injuries Liddle has had an injury free season)
Stefano Utoikamanu
Jock Madden
Asu Kepaoa
Shawn Blore
Tukimihia Simpkins
Kelma Tuilagi

Defence has always been an issue with the Wests Tigers but it is good to note that Maguire has stuck with Alex Twal, and included Shawn Blore in the squad both of whom have impeccable defensive statistics.

In addition to the above we cannot leave out:
Adam Doueihi - Developed into our new goal kicker and 5/8
Thomas Mikaele - singed an extension with the club
Tommy Talau, who after a slow start is starting to show promise.

The young blokes are the Wests Tigers future and Maguire knows it and understands it.

Wow - I am just watching the wooden spooners smash us - currently 22-0 and I see 39 people have upvoted this post. I have been prepared to change my mind all year regarding Madge, but this is the final straw. Bring on the review. Madge is not the answer - we need a new coach.

There is a number of players that need to go before Madge.

Typical comment from u back this fool blindly!!
Look at the players with no motivation by the life sucking coach known as Maguire.
Seriously after that u still want this fool???
Give me peptides everyday of the week compared to this moron!

@tigerdave said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1463976) said:
Yeah I didn't want to see the club walking down this road again, but it's not working.

Me neither, but it's not the right fit.

@alltheway said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1464012) said:
In deliberate mocking the other coaching threads I propose that Michael Maguire should be our new coach for 2022

A man who understands the Wests Tigers, what the club is about, has the passion for the club and understands what is needed to move the club forward.

Maguire has brought a number of youngsters along, and is showing them what NRL is all about and getting them ready for a bright future at the club.

Daine Laurie
Jake Simpkin
Stefano Utoikamanu
Jock Madden
Asu Kepaoa
Shawn Blore
Tukimihia Simpkins
Kelma Tuilagi

Defence has always been an issue with the Wests Tigers but it is good to note that Maguire has stuck with Alex Twal, and included Shawn Blore in the squad both of whom have impeccable defensive statistics.

The young blokes are the Wests Tigers future and Maguire knows it and understands it.

Wow - I am just watching the wooden spooners smash us - currently 22-0 and I see 39 people have upvoted this post. I have been prepared to change my mind all year regarding Madge, but this is the final straw. Bring on the review. Madge is not the answer - we need a new coach.

Look at the players with no motivation by the life sucking coach known as Maguire.

Maguire is not a fool. Yeah take the peptides and ruin the young blokes lives. I hear where your mindset is.

@wt46 said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1463986) said:
who can replace him? there is no better names out there and that is not me saying madge should stay. please don't say flanagan.

Morris or Ciraldo would be good. Flanagan if we're desperate...

I really like Madge…..but geez, I think he may be gonski. The team really did a number on him today. The board will again cut of their nose to spite their face.

@aesopian said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1464075) said:

Morris is souths assistant next year. Ciraldo... maybe

@wt46 said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1464098) said:
@aesopian said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1464075) said:

Sheens can make the call

@tony-soprano said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1464103) said:

Sheens can make the call

Should be a young coach if we go down this path. Sheenius would be a great mentor as long as he's not after the job himself :grin: :grin: :grin:

Daine Laurie
Jake Simpkin
Stefano Utoikamanu
Jock Madden
Asu Kepaoa
Shawn Blore
Tukimihia Simpkins
Kelma Tuilagi

I agree there are a number of players who need to go. As far as I'm concerned these players can walk out the door, alongside Madge. We need fresh players, fresh ideas. At the moment we are hopeless. We need these changes to give us poor suffering fans some semblance of hope for 2022.

Why would anyone want the job.

Needs to go, but he is not the only one.

Nofa can move with him, along with Joe O.

I have been saying all year that his bench rotation is terrible, today proved it. Blore & Tuilagi were out on their feet, Madge left them out there while Amone got splinters.

Bad roster with a worse coach

@mike said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1464036) said:
@alltheway said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1464012) said:

Daine Laurie
Jake Simpkin
Stefano Utoikamanu
Jock Madden
Asu Kepaoa
Shawn Blore
Tukimihia Simpkins
Kelma Tuilagi

Maguire is not a fool. Yeah take the peptides and ruin the young blokes lives. I hear where your mindset is.

Man it’s just a joke, u probably can’t get that.
U keep blindly baking Madge, yet crap performance after crap! Yet get rid of the team that is the team he has picked every week!
Poor interchange usage all year, poor one line comments continue ‘ebbs and flows’ please. He has no idea!
I seriously know he wants the best for the club and his heart is in it, but he’s hopeless, with poor motivational team comments before games, it’s boring stuff every word is ‘play for your jersey’ . Nothing of articulation in his words just drivel from a bygone era!
U seriously want this guy next year??
It’s simple get rid of every player in the team that was signed under his watch, or get rid of the coach

@tony-soprano said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1464126) said:
Do we just give it to sheens?

Would he take it?

Good question - but my God, we need him so badly.

Latest posts

Members online

Back