Mickey paea + john kite?

TigerRock

RLW reports suggest that the dogs are targetting mickey paea from the dragons as they are looking to release john kite, leano and te maari, if we could snap up paea and or kite then our pack would look heaps better IMO. Kite is only 20 and has plenty of development left and is one big boy.

Is mickey paea a prop or a back rower. I think Kite could be ok if he is only 20 with a full off season under Sheens who knows and besides he would come cheap

Kite would be a great pick up. He wouldn't cost much and has a real untapped potential.

Folkes was very good at bringing forwards along and I don't think Moore has that same ability

We really should be talking to John Kite. Suits our bargain type recruitment style, he's huge, and can play.

even mickey paea wouldnt cost alot, and we would get some return from what we outlaid. Wests junior too…

Paea should be a definate target… The guy is a Unit and would give plenty of mongrel to our side...

As others have said Kite has plenty of potential and should also be looked at...

It would be nice for this club to snap up some signings from under the nose of other clubs for a change...

Would love some of the Doggies big props, although I'm not sure of Sheens' ability to bring them through. Having said that he's done a good job with Galloway, although it has taken a few seasons.

Either of them would be good. We've got experienced forwards in the club like Skando and O'Neill and Sheens himself is a former forward who would be able to help these younger guys with huge potential.

DO IT TIGES!

@hybrid_tiger said:
John Kite would be a great buy and wouldn't be too expensive.

Given how we nurtured Galloway, picking up a talent like Kite isn't a bad option. If all else fails, re; Burgess, then sure lets look at this big doggie.

Have always rated the Paea boys and Mickey would be a great pick-up. Hard runner, safe defender and has shown some ball skills.

Whatever happened to Holo Tonga & Benson Tupou, did they both end up going to the Dogs? Both of them very similar to Kite.

@Danos said:
Whatever happened to Holo Tonga & Benson Tupou, did they both end up going to the Dogs? Both of them very similar to Kite.

Deemed not good enough foir NYC last season.

Signed by the Dogs(Bulls) and currently playing State Cup and Bundy Cup.

John Kite would be a great signing, especially at his age, because he is only going to get better. What a duo he would form with Galloway!

@Bay Runner said:
Everyone ( On this forum) was talking Holo Tonga up like he was the next Arthur Beetson…

Everyone is a big statement….Halo = Beetson ...not me...

Kite would be worth an investment for depth....He'd look good in a Magpies Jumper....

@Allan Towle said:
Have always rated the Paea boys and Mickey would be a great pick-up. Hard runner, safe defender and has shown some ball skills.

the paea boys didnt want a bar of wests after playing their juniors with the magpies ….easts offered them cash incentives and they walked,, or should i say ran ...why should we offer them a lifeline , when neither are great players anyway ....
now john kite is a different story ....hes young and big and fast for a front rower ...

@tiger tigers said:
@Allan Towle said:

the paea boys didnt want a bar of wests after playing their juniors with the magpies ….easts offered them cash incentives and they walked,, or should i say ran ...why should we offer them a lifeline , when neither are great players anyway ....
now john kite is a different story ....hes young and big and fast for a front rower ...

And I suppose you'd work for peanuts when someone else offers you four times the amount youre on?
Yeh, right.

This is not teen romance were talkin here, its NRL recruitment

Back