Mid Season Review - Tigers

Muffstar

Boasting the best young talent in the NRL, the Wests Tigers are shaping for an assault on the eight

IN the post-Benji Marshall era and blessed with arguably the best young talent in the NRL, the Tigers have emerged as genuine finals contenders.

Rising star Luke Brooks has more than delivered on his potential at halfback to guide the Tigers into the eight at the midway point of the season.

He is looking every bit a young Andrew Johns with his ability to take the ball to the line and organise an attack.

Having been thrashed in the opening encounter by the Dragons, the Tigers bounced back to claim some big name scalps including the Rabbitohs and the Sea Eagles in the first five rounds, underscoring the potential of Mick Potter’s team.

Unsurprisingly, given the inexperience, the Tigers lost two of the three games that they were missing Robbie Farah who injured his elbow in the round six week but helped arrest a slide with a scrappy win over the Sharks.

The veteran hooker has been the calming influence on the team and helped to keep a lid on the excitement brewing at the club about the Tigers potential.

James Tedesco’s decision to reject the Raiders to stay with the Tigers for less money further evidence that this is a team on the cusp of something big.

The Tigers have the potential to give the competition a real shake through the back-end of the season and, while 2014 might not be their year, that was probably also said about the 2005 team.
\
\
Current Ladder position: 8th (Wins 7, Losses 5)

Results:

Round 1: Dragons 44 def. Tigers 24

Round 2: Tigers 42 def. Titans 12

Round 3: Tigers 25 def. Rabbitohs 16

Round 4: Warriors 42 def. Tigers 18

Round 5: Tigers 34 def. Sea Eagles 18

Round 6: Tigers 16 def. Cowboys 4

Round 7: Tigers 21 def. Eels 18

Round 8: Titans 22 def. Tigers 6

Round 9: Roosters 30 def. Tigers 6

Round 10: Tigers 22 def. Sharks 20

Round 11: Broncos 16 def. Tigers 14

Round 12: BYE

Round 13: Tigers 23 def. Knights 20

Best Win: In a game where the Tigers could do no wrong, a rampant Tigers outfit scored 26 unanswered points against the Sea Eagles at Leichhardt Oval in round five. Skipper Robbie Farah led the romp taking on the Manly defence head-on and directing the attacking play.

Worst Loss: After taking a 12-0 lead against the Warriors in round four the Tigers collapsed in a heap. The commitment and attitude in defence shown against Souths the week before was nowhere to be found and New Zealand posted 26 unanswered points.
\
\
Best player: Luke Brooks. He’s constantly mentioned in the same breath as Andrew Johns, one of the greatest players in league history, but the 19-year-old seems to be taking it all in his stride as he dazzles with an attacking repertoire well beyond his years

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/boasting-the-best-young-talent-in-the-nrl-the-wests-tigers-are-shaping-for-an-assault-on-the-eight/story-fni3gpz1-1226949480283

luke brooks? please.

woods, farah, taupau, tedesco and even patty have outplayed brooks in almost every game.

although, he is the key to our run into the top 8.

The media certainly want another super star to constantly put under the spot light. Brooks has been good for the best part of the season,but not great,leave that praise for Farah and Woods.

Tigers have gone better than my expectations, the wins against the Rabbits and Manly were the highlights. The forwards have been great and all of them have contributed and Blair is now showing some form to match his price tag.Big Pat has probably got us over the line a couple of times on the back of his massive boot and wonderful goal kicking.The back line has been okay without ever being what you would call brilliant.Having Tedesco back should make a big difference.

We are now at the cross roads,our season could kick on or crash. My guess, we will go 50% win loss ratio and maybe scrape into the eight! but really who knows!the talent is their!so anything is possible

I think we have done well, i reckon this is where most fans hoped/thought we would be.

If someone had told me at the half way point of the season we'd be two points from being equal premiership leaders I'd would have been worried about how many teams had been done for salary cap misdemeanours

Great effort by all involved so far

We are growing in confidence every game we win.
Young team but plenty to like so far

-Austin has looked every part of our makeup, whenever he comes on he looks natural.
-Gavet and Kapow have been good buys
-Patty the best buy-back for us
-Blair has stepped up
-Woodsy really leaving his print on the season, stepping up even more this year.

Really positive signs for us and if we cement top 8 spot this year i think the later half will be even better for us

Thats not stating the obvious is it ? lol

Back