Miller dumped to NSW Cup, Anasta to 6

@smoking gun said:
You are kidding yourself if you didn't see this move coming at some point this year. As for miller, he won't be here next year I fully expect him to be released by June 30

Yes, well Anasta demanding to play in the halves came sooner than expected.

Just what we need, Benji doing more general play kicking and directing our attack…

This will be a big fat fail, just like every other time Benji has played without a traditional halfback as his halves partner.

It is NOT a coincidence that this side has played it's best football when Prince and Lui partnered Marshall. Both halfbacks.

@supercoach said:
This is a about getting Anasta out of the forwards and Miller was the fall guy. For the balance of the team might be the way to go, lets face it they would not drop Benji or Anasta,so it was probably the their only choice.

I see it as another step backwards, time will tell

for this game its not,i would of been happier if tedesco was fullback and moltzen at 7 Anasta at lock

If true, then I agree.

I have been an avid supporter of Miller for a very long time. However, at the moment he adds nothing to our side. Marshall and Farah (especially Marshall) seem to think that the team is theirs to do with as they wish.

I do not believe that Miller and Marshall can exist in the same team. If you want Miller, then Marshall goes and Anasta goes to 5/8.

I you want Marshall then Miller goes. Not because Miller cannot play, but because Marshall will not allow him to play the way he wants. Please note Mr. Potter.

Anyway the team has not yet been announced. Let us wait and see.

@smoking gun said:
You are kidding yourself if you didn't see this move coming at some point this year. As for miller, he won't be here next year I fully expect him to be released by June 30

do you know this for sure?

or just a feeling you have, if so who will replace him, other than Mr Brooks.?

@smeghead said:
@Milky said:
What is the difference if Sheens was here?

He tried something last week with Masada. It didn't work. He got rid of the idea the following week

Yea he so did, Tedesco on the wing worked right :wink:

It wasn't a resounding success with Teddy on the wing. It also wasn't an abject failure.

I will be interested to see with Anasta in the halfback slot with Bodene in the backrow if that sides defence stabilises

I am happy with the move. Like many a young gun before him, Miller didn't seem ready to play with Marshall and Farah.

Anasta has been non-existent in the second row, let's see if he can be more serviceable in the halves. I reckon he kicks the ball better than Marshall anyway.

Moltzen plays like a little scared cat for 2 years and gets a contract extension and Miller is an up an coming natural halfback who has done nothing wrong gets dumped to state cup…....Just who is running the circus... :laughing: This club is a dead set joke. :crazy

it's amazing how people focus so much on the results.

the anasta move may work, may not. BUT miller was the one who he gave a chance to and should persist with for a long time since he is a halfback.

@Centaur said:
I am happy with the move. Like many a young gun before him, Miller didn't seem ready to play with Marshall and Farah.

Anasta has been non-existent in the second row, let's see if he can be more serviceable in the halves. I reckon he kicks the ball better than Marshall anyway.

Miller is also a better general play kicker than Marshall.

If you think Benji will now relinquish his general play kicking because Anasta is in the halves, I think you're kidding yourself.

Interesting. I thought Miller was going alright. We'll see how the side performs over a couple of games before judgement is passed.

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_

@hybrid_tiger said:
@Centaur said:

Miller is also a better general play kicker than Marshall.

If you think Benji will now relinquish his general play kicking because Anasta is in the halves, I think you're kidding yourself.

I don't think Benji will relinquish anything, I just think he may have met his ego match. If Anasta is the guy I think he is, he will probably do some kicking against Benji's will. I hope anyway.

About time I say . Hopefully braith will be able to take some control this week

Well Lui was a hooker come 5/8th and turned into a half back, he wasnt a traditional half back and prince before he came to the tigers played 90% of his game @ 5/8th

@smoking gun said:
Well Lui was a hooker come 5/8th and turned into a half back, he wasnt a traditional half back and prince before he came to the tigers played 90% of his game @ 5/8th

Yes but both played as a halfback in our structure.

As long as Farah is in the team no traditional style halfback will work in our structure.

The positives of the moves are that Anasta will be more demanding for the ball, and is probably a better defender when compared to Miller, and the biggest plus of all is that our second row gets beefed up more.

@Allan Towle said:
Interesting. I thought Miller was going alright. We'll see how the side performs over a couple of games before judgement is passed.

Me too…...for a 8 or 10 game rookie I thought he was progressing.

Maybe State Cup will be good for him.....back to the days of playing blokes out of position - you gotta laff sometimes

Oh well...this is what people wanted...

Seems like a double whammy though for Jacob....Potter finally improves the pack/bench...yet he gets the punt, anyone else incoming will find it a little easier than hes had it to start with

Back