Mitch Brown leaves Wests Tigers

bittersweet news if true. ive been a massive fan. I always thought Sheens wasnt giving him the rewards he deserves, but maybe he just doesnt have the right attitude or footy brain that Sheens is looking for.

i spoke to Mitch at the gf luncheon and he said he was putting everything on the line just to get in the side for this year - he hasnt been picked, so i hope the news is true so he can try to build a better career elsewhere. I wish him all the best, top bloke and great fullback!

If it happens he might get more of an opportunity there as with Ted's injury and the way Humble filled in, Brown would be left waiting longer for first grade I feel.

Desaerves more than he has been given at the Tigers. Should have been on the bench today and taken the fullback spot. Always been a fan.

I understand Humphreys was at NRL last week trying to sort out a salary cap issue we have…letting Mitch go could be part of the solution.

Deserves more than he was given at the Tigers...met him once, a quite unassuming man...never lets Sheens down...I wish him luck at the Dogs...barba to 5/8 and brown to carve them up at fullback...Good Luck Mitch!

You honestly can't blame the guy.

Nice guy Mitch. Unfortunately might be a bit too nice, what with the strong personalities on our team.

Given the right treatment, he'll carve up.

@underdog said:
You honestly can't blame the guy.

Nice guy Mitch. Unfortunately might be a bit too nice, what with the strong personalities on our team.

Given the right treatment, he'll carve up.

Agree. Personally I'd have him on the left wing in Lote's absence, but it's not to be and if he gets an opportunity elsewhere, then good luck to him.

Be a shame to see him go if this is the case, but he's got to go where he'll get some game time. There's certainly an argument that he should probably have been in our 1st grade side a bit more.

Yeah I'll be waiting until I hear or see something a bit more official before commenting.

Seems to be true, could this be an effect of the salary cap meeting from last week??
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

I like Mitch, but still believe his best position is Center. He can play fullback too, but I don't see him as a winger. A position in the backline is now available, but I thought Humble played really well yesterday.

All this talk about our salary cap is confusing. Didn't Shubert have our balance sheets for weeks during the Adam Blair signing before we were allowed to announce it? If so then what has changed since then to mean we have to come under more scrutiny now? I am not saying that last weeks meeting didn't happen, just that I thought we had already gone through all this.

If true u couldn't blame him he never did anything wrong and was always solid, but on another note he may well fall even further behind in our pecking order with the way the fiijan flyer went in the under 20s he looked the real deal fast and tough

couple of social media sites now reporting this - same mobs who had Rob Lui pinned for signing with the cowboys hours before it was confirmed. This looks to be the real deal lads…

:bawling

Back