Mitch Brown leaves Wests Tigers

Humphreys tells the Campbelltown Advertiser Brown has been released from his contract to join the Dogs.

http://www.macarthuradvertiser.com.au/news/local/news/general/mitch-brown-leaves-wests-tigers/2477195.aspx

Wests Tigers have released centre Mitch Brown from his contract, freeing him up to play for the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs.
Speaking exclusively with the Advertiser, Wests Tigers chief executive Stephen Humphreys said Brown approached the club for a release because he wanted to take up an opportunity at the Bulldogs.

''He's a terrific young bloke,'' Humphreys said.

''We wish him well and he's enjoyed his time here.

''He turns 25 this year and he felt he needed to poistion himself somewhere where he could secure a starting spot.

''His preferred position is centre.''

Brown has played 39 games for the Tigers and has scored seven tries.

He joined the club in 2010 after a four-year stint with the Cronulla Sharks.

Brown is known as a utility player and can slot into the roles of fullback, winger or centre – positions for which there is no shortage of candidates at the Tigers.

The club has plenty of talent on its books for the fullback, winger and centre positions, with the likes of Chris Lawrence, Matt Utai, Beau Ryan, Blake Ayshford, Lote Tuqiri, James Tedesco, John Grant, Joel Reddy, Tom Humble and Tim Simona able fill the five positions.

The Wests Tigers are expected to release a statement in the coming hour.
\
\
http://www.macarthuradvertiser.com.au/news/local/news/general/mitch-brown-leaves-wests-tigers/2477195.aspx

I love this website, we get all the goss first and keep all the journalists in a job with their "exclusive" articles.

Am glad the advertiser was onto this first!

Wests Tigers have released centre Mitch Brown from his contract, freeing him up to play for the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs.

Speaking exclusively with the Advertiser, Wests Tigers chief executive Stephen Humphreys said Brown approached the club for a release because he wanted to take up an opportunity at the Bulldogs.

''He's a terrific young bloke,'' Humphreys said.

''We wish him well and he's enjoyed his time here.

''He turns 25 this year and he felt he needed to position himself somewhere where he could secure a starting spot.

''His preferred position is centre.''

Brown has played 39 games for the Tigers and has scored seven tries.

He joined the club in 2010 after a four-year stint with the Cronulla Sharks.

Brown is known as a utility player and can slot into the roles of fullback, winger or centre – positions for which there is no shortage of candidates at the Tigers.

The club has plenty of talent on its books for the fullback, winger and centre positions, with the likes of Chris Lawrence, Matt Utai, Beau Ryan, Blake Ayshford, Lote Tuqiri, James Tedesco, John Grant, Joel Reddy, Tom Humble and Tim Simona able fill the five positions.

The Wests Tigers are expected to release a statement in the coming hour.

[Source](http://www.macarthuradvertiser.com.au/news/local/news/general/mitch-brown-leaves-wests-tigers/2477195.aspx)

[Original Article](//news/club-news/1-player-contracts/488-mitch-brown-leaves-wests-tigers)

Good mail West2005 ,

Good luck to Mitch Brown , if given an opportunity he well excel and can be anything .
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

The reality of having such good depth can't keep everyone unfortunately. Good luck Mitch..
\
\

Sorry to see him go - he has never let us down.
Good luck at the Bulldogs and hope you get the first grade spot you deserve.
Now let's also hope we don't get anymore injuries or we'll really regret losing him!

I just wrote bout this on my site, the Gunning Eagle. Would of been handy for the Tigers to hold on to Mitch. He has notched a few 1st grade games under his belt, scored some tries, made few mistakes and has been solid. Positive signs in Tom Humble considering Tedesco is gone for the season. I think he'll do well at the Bulldogs, could get the regular #1 spot and we could possibly see Barba playing some 5/8.

http://www.thegunningeagle.blogspot.com.au/

I have been a Mitch Brown fan and hope Canterbury give a decent go in first grade.

Mitch can goal kick so maybe an option for Canterbury.

Maybe Junior Moors so also ask for a release as he doesn't appear to be on Sheen's favourite list

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=48212&title=bulldogs-sign-mitch-brown-for-2012-season

COnfirmed signed by the dogs as well.

Put this to bed lads. It's done and dusted

Hi guys

This is my first reply - just joined forum

As for Mitch Brown. I can only assume this decision was made before Tedesco's injury. Otherwise it doesn't make sense.

Good luck to him. He wasn't getting a go here so fair enough. Always liked him though, very steady player
\
\

The guy needs a full time spot in the nrl, and we never game him that chance and relied on him through injury.

I rated him highly and was a consistant safe utility player. Hes going to be missed.

I assumed hed be an walk up start next week somewhere considering teddys injury.

All the best to him though. Awesome bloke. I hope he has a great year.
\
\
\
\

Latest posts

Staff online

Back