Mitch Brown

@alex said:
<big>**Official**</big>

Royce announced it on WTV on Friday the 17th.

IMO he's not needed, but I think it signals the end of Dene Halatau

I just saw the announcentment now, was really hoping it was gonna be a forward or to confirm about Taumata. What soo now the sharks are taking our players then offloading a winger to us, I personally dont think we need him but lets just see next year how he goes if hes given a chance.

I wont criticise it too much til I see him have a game for us but I think we're fine for backs.

Moltzen, Tuiaki, Ayshford, Lawrence and Tupou to make up the back five, plus the additions of Hanbury, Lazarus, Gallant and Meaney as back-ups, I really think this money could've been spent better elsewhere.

I think 2010 is gonna be another frustrating year…

Where's our rep player signing huhhhhhhhhh?

@softlaw said:
why??????

Well according to Royce.. he is big 195cm 97-98kg..Played about 30 FG games by the end of the season should have about 40 which is when players start to come good…he can play wing centre or fullback and adds to our depth in those positions...

@Geo. said:
@softlaw said:
why??????

Well according to Royce.. he is big 195cm 97-98kg..Played about 30 FG games by the end of the season should have about 40 which is when players start to come good…he can play wing centre or fullback and adds to our depth in those positions...

Or, at that size, he could be a backrower!! Now it all falls into place.
(Thanks for posting the info though I can;t stream interviews at work)

Well this is all a very sad state of affairs.

Signing one maybe even two fringe players from another club is an acceptable gamble. But to do more than that and all backs when we are sorely lacking forward power is a disgrace.

No offence to Mitch but apart from Beau Ryan is he better than anyone in our backline?

@Geo. said:
@softlaw said:
why??????

Nice one Royce, he's 188cm.

@smeghead said:

Signing one maybe even two fringe players from another club is an acceptable gamble. But to do more than that and all backs when we are sorely lacking forward power is a disgrace.

No offence to Mitch but apart from Beau Ryan is he better than anyone in our backline?

He can't even make Cronulla's backline, which is probably the worst in the NRL.

Jesus Christ. What is wrong with this club?

I bet we got him cheap though! :unamused:

@alex said:
I wont criticise it too much til I see him have a game for us but I think we're fine for backs.

Moltzen, Tuiaki, Ayshford, Lawrence and Tupou to make up the back five, plus the additions of Hanbury, Lazarus, Gallant and Meaney as back-ups, I really think this money could've been spent better elsewhere.

I think 2010 is gonna be another frustrating year…

Where's our rep player signing huhhhhhhhhh?

Isnt our rep signing going to be Burgess

Just when you think the club is moving in the right direction, we recruit three backs who are all fringe first graders. Yet not one forward.

What a joke we are.

@hybrid_tiger said:
@smeghead said:

He can't even make Cronulla's backline, which is probably the worst in the NRL.

Jesus Christ. What is wrong with this club?

I bet we got him cheap though! :unamused:

Ricky has already started turning him into a backrower.

All is sweet.

Now wait for our big Marquee signing NZ International Dene Halatau :laughing:

@steven_tiger said:
@Geo. said:
@softlaw said:
why??????

Maybe I heard him wrong…. sorry Royce he said 190cm about...

Brown was a '05 Australian Schoolboy...didn't know that....

@steven_tiger said:
@Geo. said:
@softlaw said:
why??????

Royce actually said 190cm Geo. :laughing:

Here is our signing criteria:

- Can play backrow
- Plays in a position that doesn't need strengthening
- Has been signed for "depth"
- Isn't currently in first grade
- Comes cheap
- Previously played for Penrith

If at least four of those are checked, its a goer.

You forgot one.

Must laugh at Royces jokes.

That is the key criteria

Back