Mitch Brown

@Gobbs said:
@alex said:
Based on the performances of players within the club I dont think this was a neccesary signing.

Gallant had an outstanding game today against one of the game's top fullbacks. Meaney also had a solid game for BRET and is a similar player to Brown in regards to size and positions.

Ayshford is going great in the centres and has a perfect build for a centre, tall and lanky but broad shoulders, and has some speed, flair and ball playing ability.

Plus we signed Geoff Daniella to cover centre + wing. As well as Tupou to be on the wing.

Then we have guys like Junior Rociqa and Rhys Pritchard who are consistently having great games for their respective teams and have earnt rep jumpers in the last 12 months.

Sorry, but he just wasnt needed.

I concur. Another example of inept recruitment. A signing that was not necessary. Typical though, it seems to be the Wests Tigers way :unamused:

How do you know that he will not be needed? Injuries, bad form etc. Who knows,
he may be the buy of the year. Let's just cool off and give him a go.

I think its a good signing for the tigers. To be fair a lot of people on here are suggesting that we are better of relying on Toyota Cup players to fill the void, when the reality is that very few have handled the step up to the NRL across the board. These are still kids, and although they may become good or even great players, it takes a special kid to be able to play regular, consistent first grade footy at 19/20.
Brown will add size, speed, a high workload and most of all will make sure that spots are competitive in the backline next year. Something we haven't had for ages! Give the bloke a go before critising him.

lol read my post and see why I think he's not needed.

I'm happy to wait to see him get a game and if he lights the world on fire I'm happy to eat my words. Im not frustrated at him, I'm mainly having a go at Wests Tigers recruitment and selection thinking.

@red dogg said:
@Danos said:
@red dogg said:
he is a big kid, sheens is most likely looking at him to bulk up and throw into the forwards

I'll tell you now, he's not.

well 6foot2 would be above average and only 95kg shows he still has some size to build

I wasn't disputing his size, more your claim that Sheens would "most likely" turn him into a forward. And 95 kg is plenty for an outside back, any bigger and your going to sacrifice speed and agility.. like when Inglis started the season too heavy and wasn't as explosive.

With the juniors we have coming into first grade at the moment I don't think we actually needed to buy him. We have Moltzen, Asyhford, hanbury who are all great junior delveloped players who play fullback/wing/centre the same position that brown plays. Unless Tim sheens bought him as a second rower and wants to use him like we have done so with D Gelea.

cost sharks the game in the end. He had the ball stolen from him and the rabbitohs scored in the last minute of the game.

Was ordinary at fullback got pushed back everytime he took it up.. and was very slow. He is another Sheens second rower in the making for sure. Still is probably big enough to make a go of it.

Scored a good individual try last night.

I've seen enough to believe he will be of some value to us.

Brown will be a good buy for us next season.
You do not play Australian Schoolboys if you are a crap player. He has been solid playing for the sharks and I am looking forward to him playing next season in Tigers colors.
We need to give guys a chance before shooting them down.
Harrsion was the same and just needed a different environment and he has been playing some very good footy at the raiders.
I still think the Tigers did the right thing in letting him go.

Back