Mitchell Moses #175

crazycat

Mitchell Moses looks at the Parramatta contract, the 1.2m from the Dogs and the 1.3m from us and signs with Easts as a reserve half for 500k a season.

Mitchell off the table (maybe), we might have 1.3m to spend. Whom would we target instead?

For me it's a wait and see game. It's currently impossible to identify how badly we need a certain position strengthened going into 23 and 24 as there are a number of possible outcomes that 23 may bring.

Staines, Laurie and Bula could all jump out of their skin and lock down the 1, or we could end 23 desperately searching for a fullback. Both real possibilities.

Exactly the scenario with Doueihi, Laurie and Brooks in the halves. I know that prompts the Brooks haters to say "why would Brooks all of a sudden become a halfback", but I know for a fact that our attacking structures will be more in place that the team as a whole will be more in sync, therefore less need for a 7 that constantly barks orders. I have it on very good authority that for the first 2 years, Madge relied on the ball just going to Luke. Everyone can see that wouldn't suit a player like him. He needs full flowing motions around him, players knowing what they are doing even if they are unlikely to get the ball, then play off that. He will be much better in 23 as a result.

There's no one available for 23 so I reckon we wait and see how this group go, then determine where we spend the money.

For me it's a wait and see game. It's currently impossible to identify how badly we need a certain position strengthened going into 23 and 24 as there are a number of possible outcomes that 23 may bring.

Staines, Laurie and Bula could all jump out of their skin and lock down the 1, or we could end 23 desperately searching for a fullback. Both real possibilities.

Exactly the scenario with Doueihi, Laurie and Brooks in the halves. I know that prompts the Brooks haters to say "why would Brooks all of a sudden become a halfback", but I know for a fact that our attacking structures will be more in place that the team as a whole will be more in sync, therefore less need for a 7 that constantly barks orders. I have it on very good authority that for the first 2 years, Madge relied on the ball just going to Luke. Everyone can see that wouldn't suit a player like him. He needs full flowing motions around him, players knowing what they are doing even if they are unlikely to get the ball, then play off that. He will be much better in 23 as a result.

There's no one available for 23 so I reckon we wait and see how this group go, then determine where we spend the money.

It's that game:
wait and see if someone better comes on the market and have the cash to pounce OR catch now.

We don't know if Fullback or Halfback is where we need a recruit and IMHO Fullback you will find people putting their hand up.

Not Brooks biggest fan, and I think Moses makes us a much better side if we manage to get him (I honestly think he stays at Parramatta, both us and Bulldogs are unknown quantities even with our recruitment,) however if we do miss out on Moses I'm happy for the club to wait for the right opportunity to arise and bank on what we have until that becomes available.

I've got to give Sheens credit, our recruitment to supplement Papali'i and Koroisau has been really good, we will have a credible pack for the next two or three seasons. Even if Brooks improves by a small margin I think we may have a good chance of making the eight with him there. Either way, we should have irons in the fire if someone better becomes available.

I think our centres are a much more pressing issue than the halves. We're banking on Naden and kids to perform there. I like Naden on the wing but he's probably better than anyone else we have in the centres.

We were chasing Jesse Ramien, hopefuly he's still available.
Most players are back training with clubs so it's going to be even harder to detach any player now, especially if we seek an early release.
Maybe player swaps are going to be our only option so close to the trials.

If Moses doesn’t sign hold onto the money until we see where we need to improve. Tigers have money they need to be smart with it. So if Moses doesn’t come just wait and see where we need improving and see who’s available.

💯

Members online

Back