Mitchell Moses #175

Some say get rid of Brooks, but what is available ? The same with AD and some in our backline.

If we get Moses it's a simple scenario - Brooks or AD for the other half role.

If we acquire Moses it will be a masterstroke. My support for WTs is not subject to Doueihi playing a certain position. No doubt the coaching team have a strategy. Marshall's thoughts on Brooks are publicly available and I posted the article due to this Doueihi v Brooks nonsense. In the end, as a player you fit in where the team needs you to play and that applies to all sports.

Someone isn't understanding the situation and I don't think it's me.

Let's be real clear. My support for the WT's is not subject to Brooks or AD or Moses being in the team or playing in a certain position.

I support the WT's when we lose year after year after year and I watch nearly 80 minutes of every game we play. I turn it off sometimes when we get flogged.

My expectation is that management and coaching staff of the club pick the best available players for the WT's to win games. In relation to Moses, Brooks and AD all I'm stating is pick the best two.

You and others appear to be stating don't pick the best available players. Pick Moses and Brooks because you believe that is what Moses demands. I (and maybe others) are stating that this is dysfunctional, unethical and stupid.

Maybe if we simplify the situation it makes it easier. Do you believe that the Tigers coaching staff should pick the best available players based on performance or do you believe players and player managers should pick the team ?

Let's be real clear. My support for the WT's is not subject to Brooks or AD or Moses being in the team or playing in a certain position.

I support the WT's when we lose year after year after year and I watch nearly 80 minutes of every game we play. I turn it off sometimes when we get flogged.

My expectation is that management and coaching staff of the club pick the best available players for the WT's to win games. In relation to Moses, Brooks and AD all I'm stating is pick the best two.

You and others appear to be stating don't pick the best available players. Pick Moses and Brooks because you believe that is what Moses demands. I (and maybe others) are stating that this is dysfunctional, unethical and stupid.

Maybe if we simplify the situation it makes it easier. Do you believe that the Tigers coaching staff should pick the best available players based on performance or do you believe players and player managers should pick the team ?
100% agree Earl no player should be there based on another players say so, the best player for the job should get the spot whether it be AD or Brooks. Should Moses say his coming I think this season should be used to decide who partners Moses in the halves & the best player should get the spot, if Moses is already making such demands & he hasn't even signed it spells bad news to me....

100% agree Earl no player should be there based on another players say so, the best player for the job should get the spot whether it be AD or Brooks. Should Moses say his coming I think this season should be used to decide who partners Moses in the halves & the best player should get the spot, if Moses is already making such demands & he hasn't even signed it spells bad news to me....
The only thing that speaks is your footy (or the collective in the case of the coaching staff). I have been critical of Brooks and AD, both deservedly so, but as with most of us here it is from the outside looking in. What we don't see or understand is what the team dynamics are and how the players are perceived within that bubble.

It doesn't matter if Moses comes or stays - what matters will be what the team thinks is best for our future. Based on hearsay only, I doubt Brooks or AD get the arse - barring Brooks not getting the $ he wants they will both be part of the team playing the role the team needs them to play.

Sheens and Marshall like what both of them have - they will fit them in. What was great to see yesterday is that there are other options putting pressure on them and that pressure should lead to some consistency (provided our pack can maintain momentum).

Great signs - but a lot of hard work ahead. Let the MM shit play out in the background - there's a shit tin of water to go under the bridge before we have to be worried about any decision he makes.

The only thing that speaks is your footy (or the collective in the case of the coaching staff). I have been critical of Brooks and AD, both deservedly so, but as with most of us here it is from the outside looking in. What we don't see or understand is what the team dynamics are and how the players are perceived within that bubble.

It doesn't matter if Moses comes or stays - what matters will be what the team thinks is best for our future. Based on hearsay only, I doubt Brooks or AD get the arse - barring Brooks not getting the $ he wants they will both be part of the team playing the role the team needs them to play.

Sheens and Marshall like what both of them have - they will fit them in. What was great to see yesterday is that there are other options putting pressure on them and that pressure should lead to some consistency (provided our pack can maintain momentum).

Great signs - but a lot of hard work ahead. Let the MM shit play out in the background - there's a shit tin of water to go under the bridge before we have to be worried about any decision he makes.
I'm still of the belief that Moses will re-sign with Parra, although happy to be wrong !!! Moses makes our team a top 8 side.

I'm still of the belief that Moses will re-sign with Parra, although happy to be wrong !!! Moses makes our team a top 8 side.
I have no opinion either way on Moses. I am not in the know at all - and I doubt that many of those that post on here are either.

If he comes we have some additional skills to work with but less $ to play with.

Absolutely nothing that MM does will affect our team until Round 6.

When he makes a decision it is just a decision point for the coaching/recruitment staff. I have no doubts that our coaching staff already have plans for if he signs or if he doesn't.

Last edited:

You are underselling the capacity of Sheens, Marshall and Farah. They may have already formed a view on the future halves pairing moving forward. That is the prerogative of the coaching team who I am sure are planning two years in advance for Marshall to take the reigns.

I am not privy to player manager/club negotiations but what I do want is for the club to recruit Moses. Imo a Moses/Brooks halves combination would be one of the best in the NRL.

I have written this morning a player fits in where the team requires him to play (in any sport).

I suggest if you have complaints about the way the club is negotiating contract arrangements you write to Tim Sheens outlining your concerns. From my point of view, the club has doen an excellent job to date and I am thoroughly sick of some of the negativity on the forum.

Last edited:
I suggest if you have complaints about the way the club is negotiating contract arrangements you write to Tim Sheens outlining your concerns. From my point of view, the club has doen an excellent job to date and I am thoroughly sick of some of the negativity on the forum.

You haven't responded to a direct question. My take is since you can't answer the question directly is that you believe that players and player managers should run our club which to me is utter insanity.

You haven't responded to a direct question. My take is since you can't answer the question directly is that you believe that players and player managers should run our club which to me is utter insanity.
Where is your evidence that this is happening?

I've stated I am not privy to player manager/club negotiations. I have also stated if you have a complaint, do something about it and write to the club.

Where is your evidence that this is happening?

I have no evidence but yourself and @Jedi_Tiger keep pushing the line that to sign Moses part of the deal is to sign Brooks. I assume you are making this up because it's insanity.
I've stated I am not privy to player manager/club negotiations.
Why do you keep pushing Brooks has to be re-signed to get Moses and Moses manager is pushing this etc. Are you just making this up ?

I have also stated if you have a complaint, do something about it and write to the club.

I don't do this but I also have no idea why you are pushing me to do this. I'm just stating that your point about resigning Brooks in order to get Moses is unprofessional and unethical and stupid. I assume that this isn't happening.

Why would I write to the club if my only evidence about being unprofessional is a couple of posters on here making up a stupid conspiracy theory.

If I did have evidence that this was happening I would contact the club and the NRL and I assume anyone involved in this behavior would face ramifications such as being sacked and having their ability to act as a player manager revoked.

Iam not getting carried away with a convincing trial win, been burnt to many times over the past decade, so I would be more than happy to have Moses walk in the door in 2024, because he would add that bit of class that we badly lack.

In saying the above I think it’s not going to happen and he has probably already extended with Parra. Not the end of the earth and St Helen’s showed there are other class players out there

I have no evidence but yourself and @Jedi_Tiger keep pushing the line that to sign Moses part of the deal is to sign Brooks. I assume you are making this up because it's insanity.

Why do you keep pushing Brooks has to be re-signed to get Moses and Moses manager is pushing this etc. Are you just making this up ?

I don't do this but I also have no idea why you are pushing me to do this. I'm just stating that your point about resigning Brooks in order to get Moses is unprofessional and unethical and stupid. I assume that this isn't happening.

Why would I write to the club if my only evidence about being unprofessional is a couple of posters on here making up a stupid conspiracy theory.

If I did have evidence that this was happening I would contact the club and the NRL and I assume anyone involved in this behavior would face ramifications such as being sacked and having their ability to act as a player manager revoked.

Brooks and Moses imo would form one of the best halves combinations in the NRL.

They share the same manager - big deal. As far as I am aware, it is not unlawful.

As for the other, take it up with the club.

Brooks and Moses imo would form one of the best halves combinations in the NRL.

They share the same manager - big deal. As far as I am aware, it is not unlawful.

This is cool. You want a Brooks and Moses halves combination. That is fine. That is your opinion.

All I'm stating is we should pick the best halves combination based on form.

Just drop all the palava about how we need to sign Brooks longer term to get Moses. To me that is a really good reason not to get Moses. Let Brooks stand on his own two feet.

Doueihi has had one cracker of a game in the trials. Let's see how they go this season. I hope they both kill it. If we sign Moses I hope we choose to sign the best performing out of AD and Brooks longer term. We've already given AD a year extension and I heard Sheens mention how the team performed off the back of AD's efforts yesterday.

This is cool. You want a Brooks and Moses halves combination. That is fine. That is your opinion.

Just drop all the palava about how we need to sign Brooks longer term to get Moses. To me that is a really good reason not to get Moses. Let Brooks stand on his own two feet.

Doueihi has had one cracker of a game in the trials. Let's see how they go this season. I hope they both kill it. If we sign Moses I hope we choose to sign the best performing out of AD and Brooks longer term. We've already given AD a year extension and I heard Sheens mention how the team performed off the back of AD's efforts yesterday.

It's not what you want, it is what the coaching team determine and that may have already happened.

It's not what you want, it is what the coaching team determine and that may have already happened.

So me wanting Brooks to stand on his own two feet and obtain a contract based on his performances is different to what the coaching staff are thinking ?

Do you have any proof of this ?

I suggest that the coaches are going to do what they think is right. If they make poor decisions and it shows with on field results then I suggest they get sacked.

Personally I want to see the team win games and the coaches be successful and if Brooks or AD have to go no problems. Unlike you I don't support Brooks. I support the Wests Tigers.

Latest posts

Members online

Back