Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
@willow said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1415459) said:
@balmain-boy said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1415373) said:
There used to be moderation on this Forum. That seems to have largely disappeared in recent times. Is it too much work? Why is so much trolling, off topic crap and bitching allowed these days?

I'm not a mod and I'm not trying to be critical of those volunteering to do a job I don't vokunty to do, but I'm curious why the standards have shifted. Of course ironically if this discussion was moved to another more specific thread there wouldn't be half as much discussion on this.

I'll elaborate on this. For years, since the inception of this forum, there have been moderators. Now to be clear, as most people know, Kul is the administrator and site owner of the forum, and for years has supported the moderators in maintaining standards, which are essentially behavioral standards and a general set of rules which are made available for all to see.

The moderators have generally been able to delete posts where necessary/appropriate, move threads, edit threads, lock threads, change usernames at members requests, as well as ban people when warranted.

All that changed this year, for reasons unknown. Kul seemed to be frustrated with the number of people being banned on the forum. To be clear, we don't ban people for fun and we don't do it without justifying our reasons. Often members whom are banned are repeat offenders who have been banned, rejoin under another name and carry on with the same attitude/behavior which got them banned in the first place. Often these people will send emails to Kul, complaining about how unfairly they have been treated, and since last year Kul has been pointing the finger at us like it is our fault.

The moderators volunteer their time, that we accept. We also spend far more time on here than Kul who rarely contributes to the general "wellbeing" of the forum. Moderators no longer have the ability to permanently ban members, we can ban temporarily for 7 days. Permanent bans are up to Kul, who to be honest seems more concerned about post counts on the forum than anything else. We've attempted to raise a number of issues with him and so far we have received no response whatsoever, and this has occurred over a number of months now.

I don't know what's going on in his life right now, and I don't really care either. He has essentially ignored every attempt we have made to voice our concerns, which all of us find incredibly disrespectful given the time and effort we have put in over the years. To have your voice unheard is quite disheartening and we don't really consider ourselves moderators anymore as we have no support or communication with the site administrator.

I speak for all the moderators, @Geo, @Cultured_Bogan @Spartan117 @cochise @NT_Tiger (I think that's all of us) when I say we have pretty much been hung out to dry. This sounds like a whinge, but this is exactly what has happened and there's no sugar coating it.

We've had our hands tied behind our backs for some time now and this is why standards on the forum are slipping - and as it is plain to see, Kul does not care one iota and is more concerned with which part of Europe he will travel to next while those of us who have tried to do the right thing by the forum, continue to be ignored - case in point, Kul was on here earlier this evening talking about COVID vaccines across the UK and where he's going to travel to next rather than address any of the concerns we have attempted to raise with him. That's what we're dealing with right now.

Cheers mate, appreciate the honesty and transparency. I don't know kul personally but he has done a lot of work for the forum over the years.

It's one thing to want as high post count as possible to get the most ad impressions, but if everyone leaves he gets nothing. This isn't a business, it's a community forum. Without the community there's nothing.

@tony-soprano said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1415528) said:
@isaaktigers said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1415508) said:
There used to be moderation on this Forum. That seems to have largely disappeared in recent times. Is it too much work? Why is so much trolling, off topic crap and bitching allowed these days?

I'm not a mod and I'm not trying to be critical of those volunteering to do a job I don't vokunty to do, but I'm curious why the standards have shifted. Of course ironically if this discussion was moved to another more specific thread there wouldn't be half as much discussion on this.

I'll elaborate on this. For years, since the inception of this forum, there have been moderators. Now to be clear, as most people know, Kul is the administrator and site owner of the forum, and for years has supported the moderators in maintaining standards, which are essentially behavioral standards and a general set of rules which are made available for all to see.

The moderators have generally been able to delete posts where necessary/appropriate, move threads, edit threads, lock threads, change usernames at members requests, as well as ban people when warranted.

All that changed this year, for reasons unknown. Kul seemed to be frustrated with the number of people being banned on the forum. To be clear, we don't ban people for fun and we don't do it without justifying our reasons. Often members whom are banned are repeat offenders who have been banned, rejoin under another name and carry on with the same attitude/behavior which got them banned in the first place. Often these people will send emails to Kul, complaining about how unfairly they have been treated, and since last year Kul has been pointing the finger at us like it is our fault.

The moderators volunteer their time, that we accept. We also spend far more time on here than Kul who rarely contributes to the general "wellbeing" of the forum. Moderators no longer have the ability to permanently ban members, we can ban temporarily for 7 days. Permanent bans are up to Kul, who to be honest seems more concerned about post counts on the forum than anything else. We've attempted to raise a number of issues with him and so far we have received no response whatsoever, and this has occurred over a number of months now.

I don't know what's going on in his life right now, and I don't really care either. He has essentially ignored every attempt we have made to voice our concerns, which all of us find incredibly disrespectful given the time and effort we have put in over the years. To have your voice unheard is quite disheartening and we don't really consider ourselves moderators anymore as we have no support or communication with the site administrator.

I speak for all the moderators, @Geo, @Cultured_Bogan @Spartan117 @cochise @NT_Tiger (I think that's all of us) when I say we have pretty much been hung out to dry. This sounds like a whinge, but this is exactly what has happened and there's no sugar coating it.

We've had our hands tied behind our backs for some time now and this is why standards on the forum are slipping - and as it is plain to see, Kul does not care one iota and is more concerned with which part of Europe he will travel to next while those of us who have tried to do the right thing by the forum, continue to be ignored - case in point, Kul was on here earlier this evening talking about COVID vaccines across the UK and where he's going to travel to next rather than address any of the concerns we have attempted to raise with him. That's what we're dealing with right now.

This is pathetic, you guys have done a great job I thought, but yes, lately it’s just turned into a school yard with down votes (couldn’t care), toxic behaviour and people talking crap about everyone, discord boys having the time of their life - which seems like the place to be with this show we have going on here at the moment.

Maybe it’s time to make a brand new forum and have it community funded somehow? Giveaways ect.. like a patron.. yeah it’ll be connected to a server but it hardly costs much these days..

Either way, hope it all gets sorted and that @Kul fella gets his arse into gear and sorts it all out before he flys to Italy..

@Kul I still enjoy this forum.

Same.

@Kul ??
Legend.

As someone who is not and never wishes to become a moderator i have a great deal of respect for what you do on here and would fully like to support the standards that you and the other moderators maintain on here.
It is certainly appreciated by myself and i am sure many would agree with me

@balmain-boy said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1415613) said:
Cheers mate, appreciate the honesty and transparency. I don't know kul personally but he has done a lot of work for the forum over the years.

It's one thing to want as high post count as possible to get the most ad impressions, but if everyone leaves he gets nothing. This isn't a business, it's a community forum. Without the community there's nothing.

Very true, without moderators it would be the Kennel and I suspect most of the posters I'd follow would leave. Without users there's no posts and no community.

Like Cochise, this is my main connection to the club and team - especially during COVID times where I can't get to my favoured games.

People complaining about getting banned aren't seeing that they're the problem. I don't recall ever seeing anyone banned who didn't deserve it.

I'd be happy to get back to how it was and filter out the phantom and nonsense accounts.

@demps said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1415620) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1415528) said:
@isaaktigers said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1415508) said:

This is pathetic, you guys have done a great job I thought, but yes, lately it’s just turned into a school yard with down votes (couldn’t care), toxic behaviour and people talking crap about everyone, discord boys having the time of their life - which seems like the place to be with this show we have going on here at the moment.

Maybe it’s time to make a brand new forum and have it community funded somehow? Giveaways ect.. like a patron.. yeah it’ll be connected to a server but it hardly costs much these days..

Either way, hope it all gets sorted and that @Kul fella gets his arse into gear and sorts it all out before he flys to Italy..

@Kul I still enjoy this forum.

Same.

@Kul ??
Legend.

X 2. Love the forum. Confused why people keep airing their dirty laundry on here. Mods were on a power trip with their banning of people for the smallest of things.

Seriously, stop being a mod or stop whinging about it. You bring your badge to the job and no one likes it.

I'm enjoying the forum, there's no ridiculous bans for the smallest things anymore makes the place more fun. There's a reason permanent bans got over turned 👀

@jc99 said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1415647) said:
I'm enjoying the forum, there's no ridiculous bans for the smallest things anymore makes the place more fun. There's a reason permanent bans got over turned 👀

Yep agree

Thanks for the explanation Willow, I wondered why you had a shot at Kul in a previous thread.
I think that you Mods do an outstanding job of keeping the moral of this forum in check, if it was to turn into the same gutter trash like The Kennel I would not bother being on here.
Keep up the great work and hopefully you Mods will regain control of this great WTF.
A big thanks from BT.

@innsaneink said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1415638) said:
Haven't noticed any problems myself... Not so invested here these days I guess but the place seems fine to me

Same.

?

So it’s got nothing to do with the A & B defenders!

@jc99 said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1415647) said:

There's reasons why permanent bans were in place though. Plenty of returned people who were banned for very legitimate reasons could be weeded out.

Got to remember the forum is meant to appeal to fans of all ages and is meant to welcome everyone if they want to treat others with respect.

@bathursttiger1 said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1415658) said:

Thanks for the explanation Willow, I wondered why you had a shot at Kul in a previous thread.
I think that you Mods do an outstanding job of keeping the moral of this forum in check, if it was to turn into the same gutter trash like The Kennel I would not bother being on here.
Keep up the great work and hopefully you Mods will regain control of this great WTF.
A big thanks from BT.

Totally agree with this post very thankful for the controlling influence over this forum,dont think it is over the top at all ,would miss this opportunity to mix with fellow WT followers and hate it to turn into dogs cesspool

@voice_of_reason said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1415639) said:
@balmain-boy said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1415613) said:

Very true, without moderators it would be the Kennel and I suspect most of the posters I'd follow would leave. Without users there's no posts and no community.

Like Cochise, this is my main connection to the club and team - especially during COVID times where I can't get to my favoured games.

People complaining about getting banned aren't seeing that they're the problem. I don't recall ever seeing anyone banned who didn't deserve it.

I'd be happy to get back to how it was and filter out the phantom and nonsense accounts.

The Forum needs both the MODs and Kul ....and its funny the people whinging about the MODs are the ones that have been BANNED ...for not following RULES of the Forum ...that YOU AGREE to when you JOIN .....

Don't like those rules ....LU and the Discord are available

Typical of many younger people these days ...don't get it there way and they want to cry and whinge like sooks

Two words : COMMON SENSE

I hope the MODS and @Kul can find some common ground and sort this out ......

And Kul ...when you hear the stories out there that blokes are talking about going to the AMBUSH promotions and fighting MODs ....

Might be time to let the MODS do their jobs again ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back