Moltz

must be our halfback next week!!!

Lui mainly sat on the blinside watching.

agree has to go back to halfback next week as Lui I think isnt up to 1st grade standard as yet looked nothing like a halfback send him back to toyota cup for a stint that game was so crucial and we didnt really have a halfback , problem is who goes in to fullback!!!!

I don't think he did any wrong. I would have kept him in the halves with Hanbury at fullback when Gallant go injured. I think we persist with Lui though now. Hanbury is a toiler and I can't see us winning the comp with him in front of Lui.

Moltzen is our number 1 fullback and lui is going good enough at half to persist with.i believe they are the best options for the rest of the year no matter how far we go.

@tigergirlz said:
how did he disappoint at fullback?

ok for starters …. whats the point of jogging to a ball and waiting for the defence to move up then pass it to your winger to get creamed by 3-4 chasers....a real fullback picks it up and hits the line at full pace .......

@tiger tigers said:
.a real fullback picks it up and hits the line at full pace …....

Most fullbacks don't actually and I often wonder why.

I've sort of started to realise they will lose the ball in a heavy impact tackle.

If we nit picked our players tonight they'd all have crosses like that against their names for silly errors and lapses of judgement. I think Moltzen has moved into the fullback role admirably. He is safe, and his defensive efforts are OK, and he follows the play in attack well. He had no part in the loss tonight.

@tiger tigers said:
@tigergirlz said:

ok for starters …. whats the point of jogging to a ball and waiting for the defence to move up then pass it to your winger to get creamed by 3-4 chasers....a real fullback picks it up and hits the line at full pace .......

Clearly under instructions to pass the ball. He may be injured or they want to preserve his energy.

@Allan Towle said:
@tiger tigers said:
@tigergirlz said:

Clearly under instructions to pass the ball. He may be injured or they want to preserve his energy.

well they are bad intructions ,,,,

he is brilliant at fullback and at 7.
tonight he may not have ran the ball back at 1000miles an hour but he played his part well.
we miss him at 7 though.

Question on his fitness at the end of the game - came up limping in the 2nd half and appeared unable to really accelerate for the rest of the match?

I don`t think there`s any doubt that Moltzen is a much better player in the halves. I`m a fan of Robert Lui, I reckon he`s got massive potential, but he didn`t look to really fit in with Benji tonight, Moltzen already has a great combination with Benji going. I`d say we need to move Moltzen back to number 7 and play a good attacking fullback if we`re any chance of winning our next 2 games !

@Torbizlo said:
he is brilliant at fullback and at 7.
tonight he may not have ran the ball back at 1000miles an hour but he played his part well.
we miss him at 7 though.

dude he didnt run the ball back at all and because of it our best winger has a stuffed leg

I like moltzen but he has to play halfback

Back