Moltzen and Benji.........

Geo

Staff member
Forum Leader
Showed why they must be in the Halves next week…..

The starting 6 and 7 for 2010.....and Beyond....

The thing I love about Moltzen.....he was filthy we lost.......you could see it in his face.....that's a player I want directing us around the Park.....

@Geo. said:

The thing I love about Moltzen.....he was filthy we lost.......you could see it in his face.....that's a player I want directing us around the Park.....

we know that … but coach sheens has already told us moltz will become a great fullback....

The Fonz says his best postion is fullback…. Next week 1/ Hanbury
7/ Moltz

There is no way Moltzen is a fullback, he is so flaky back there it does not inspire confidence in me, half back different story.

@BornBlack&Gold said:
moltz is a natural….....IN THE HALVES SHEENS!!! Pleeeeeeeaaasseee u frustrating old bastard!

AGREE 100%

Sheens is killing the kid

@Geo. said:

Best and most constructive comment I've heard all night. They are our premiership winning halves combination.

@Geo. said:

He was probably filthy we lost because he was a big part of the loss. 3 tries he should have saved.

But i agree the kid is good and should be in the halves. He's a top line 5/8.

@Geo. said:

You know, as good as he is, as a full back he has NEVER attacked the ball, he just seems to pull out of tackles as well…he is just not confident as the last line of defense, IMHO

A sore shoulder wouldn't have helped Moltzen today. It would always be on your mind and league is a game where the injured bloke can't hide.

@king sirro said:
@Geo. said:

He was probably filthy we lost because he was a big part of the loss. 3 tries he should have saved.

:laughing: He's was at fullback…...The question I ask is how'd they get there in the first place....

Your way to harsh as well mate....IMO

Prince try...come off the post...split second in it....

Rogers....he was involved in the tackle out wide.....where was the covering centre....Collis

Faffy and Sauce missed Presto bad....

@by Tiger_heart said:
You know, as good as he is, as a full back he has NEVER attacked the ball, he just seems to pull out of tackles as well…he is just not confident as the last line of defense, IMHO

He stopped Tagatese and put it on the line against Dwyer….

@Geo. said:

For a bloke who played with a busted shoulder he tried hard tonight. But I agree mate, after watching him at fullback and halfback, he's better in the halves where his passing game, sdestep and acceleration make him a more dangerous prospect. Hopefully he'll start 2010 in the halves if Gallant can win back the fullback spot. Lui is sure to get better with time and development but for now I'll take Tim at 7.

with gallant at 1, benji at 6 and Moltzen at 7 plus farrah at 9 we looked so much better, gallant getting injured was imo the start of the downward spiral the thing that annoyed me the most was sheens breaking up this partnership and moving molz back to number 1 when he should have replaced gallant with another number 1 anyway to cut a long story short MOLZ AND BENJII for 2010 will do mr fine :smiley:

Benji needs to stop running around like a chook with its head cut off,,id hate to be playing out side of him,, reminds me so much of manly's CLIFFY LYONS..

@Geo. said:
@king sirro said:
@Geo. said:

:laughing: He's was at fullback…...The question I ask is how'd they get there in the first place....

Your way to harsh as well mate....IMO

Prince try...come off the post...split second in it....

Rogers....he was involved in the tackle out wide.....where was the covering centre....Collis

Faffy and Sauce missed Presto bad....

@by Tiger_heart said:

He stopped Tagatese and put it on the line against Dwyer….

Geo, u just named 3 tries defending him but there not even the tries im referring to mate. Let me explain why i think Moltzen conrtibuted to 3 Titans tries.

The first was when he was caught out of position on the last and GG got a repeat set and scored, they should never have got that repeat set. The 2nd was when he picked the ball up off a grubber 2 metres out from our line and stayed too upright and got forced back into the in goal, Titans score off the drop-out set, and the 3rd was Roger's try. Moltzen's body went past the ball, if he attacked it directly he gets there first, but i may be being harsh there as it was tight. I didnt mention the Prince try Geo.

@king sirro said:
Geo, u just named 3 tries defending him but there not even the tries im referring to mate. Let me explain why i think Moltzen conrtibuted to 3 Titans tries.

The first was when he was caught out of position on the last and GG got a repeat set and scored, they should never have got that repeat set. The 2nd was when he picked the ball up off a grubber 2 metres out from our line and stayed too upright and got forced back into the in goal, Titans score off the drop-out set, and the 3rd was Roger's try. Moltzen's body went past the ball, if he attacked it directly he gets there first, but i may be being harsh there as it was tight. I didnt mention the Prince try Geo.

Sorry mate…........It was late I was shattered ....still am.....forgive me....

@Geo. said:
@king sirro said:

Sorry mate…........It was late I was shattered ....still am.....forgive me....

Nope, its not that easy champ, you'll need to wash my car before i even think of forgiving u :wink:

@tomcat said:
Benji needs to stop running around like a chook with its head cut off,,id hate to be playing out side of him,, reminds me so much of manly's CLIFFY LYONS..

There`s a reason he runs across field, he`s looking for willing ball runners and besides that Manly were the most dominant side in the competition whilst Cliffy Lyons was running the show. Beaver Menzies showed what a good ball runner can do when he has a ball player running across field waiting to connect with him. Our problem is that all our ball runners besides Galloway in tight and Gareth Ellis and Chris Lawrence on the fringes are powder puffs. Players such as Corey Payne and Danny Galea wouldn`t run through a wet paper bag and Chris Heighington aint much better !

@Vicious said:
@tomcat said:

There`s a reason he runs across field, he`s looking for willing ball runners and besides that Manly were the most dominant side in the competition whilst Cliffy Lyons was running the show. Beaver Menzies showed what a good ball runner can do when he has a ball player running across field waiting to connect with him. Our problem is that all our ball runners besides Galloway in tight and Gareth Ellis and Chris Lawrence on the fringes are powder puffs. Players such as Corey Payne and Danny Galea wouldn`t run through a wet paper bag and Chris Heighington aint much better !

Ive been making that point for a long time now. Theres no doubt we as a team need hole running backrowers and while Sheens keeps picking Heighno, Payne and Payten in the backrow, all players who cant hit a hole, Benji will continue to be left posted.

Innk made a good point about Sheens just picking his most experienced team regardless of balance and he's exactly right. When Sheens starts to look at which players best SUIT us, and best compliment Benji and Robbie, and picks the side accordingly, we'll finally get our most dangerous team on the paddock.

Back