Moltzen and Lawrence

@smeghead said:
Made about 5 really bad decisions in defence. Three of those his team mates covered up, the other two they didn't.

I think Ayshford has been great this season and slowly building.

Moltzen…..well I have a pretty strong opinion on him but he is capable of covering wing until Koro is back IMHO

Can't understand the hate for Ayshford ,he has played pretty well the last few weeks ,then again teams have really targetted Lawrence in defence

@Tbone. Reddy was leaps and bounds above lawrence last night, and the swing is shifting in Reddys favour more and more when comparing the two. Reddy has been really solid - not sure how people can keep dissing him when you have a couple of centres in there that need more criticism IMO.

Lawrence needs a spell in State Cup. His lateral movement is killing his outside winger as a 2 on 2 situation quickly becomes 2 on 1 everytime someone gets on the outside of him. His turn and chase on Cronk last night shows how much pace he has lost, whereas I can remember Brett Hodgson's last game against Melbourne at Campbelltown and Lawrence ran down a runaway Slater in no time. I'd contemplate moving him to the backrow and promoting Tim Simona who is up to FG standard.

Moltzen's time at fullback is up IMO. Move him to 6 while Benji recovers and let Teddy play his preferred position.

I don't know if Lawrence is playing poorly overall, but rather is not playing with the ability we used to see. Watch bon's 12 min video highlights for Rowdy on youtube if you need any reminding of the staggering difference.

I'm not even sure if it stems from the hip injury, because he returned with good pace at the back end of 2010\. I wonder if it's more to do with hammys, like Hodges. Hodges can't stride out properly over distance any more, but he is still so agile 1-1 that the distance speed doesn't really matter. Rowdy on the other hand was always about explosive straight-line speed, which he appears to have mostly lost.

I don't think we have superior options for Rowdy in NSW Cup, I just don't think Simona is any kind of threat at centre either.

Personally I've started to wonder if Moltzen might be best put on the wing or in centres. Sure he can be heartless but his defence is pretty solid, he is fast and he can pass. He can also cover many positions.

So when Koro comes back, I'd drop Rowdy and push Moltzen to centres. At this stage I don't think we can afford to drop Rowdy before our first-choice wingers are back on deck.
\
\
And just on Ayshford, I don't think he's playing poorly, but I just wish he’d play a little less like a zombie out there. His defence can be 50/50 but he is somewhat of a threat in attack due to his size. However what gets me is that he appears to not turn his brain on during games. He makes some poor decisions in attack, e.g. one-handed carries or trying to take some passes that are clearly not for him. When something goes awry, he just looks around with this vacant surprised look on his face.

Ugh Reddy to centre. Are you Guys serious?? Just think for a second.
He is and always has been an average 1st grader. Reddy wouldn't have scored either of those tries against Parra and definitely would have leaked double the amount of tries. Reddy's only + is his bomb diffuses.
Yeah Rowdy isn't performing optimally but he's the best centre we have to work with with Ayshford on the other side.
I think teams are targeting him a lot with rookie defenders on the wing (Koro/Teddy)
Fonua made lots of breaks on Reddy's wing and a try so no idea how people can think his defense is anywhere near good enough to be a centre in our team.

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_

Anthism when you watch Melbourne's third try ,explain to me what Rowdy was doing exactly ??

Moltzen is a problem,,,, I feel sorry for him but he needs to go. Opposition kicks are constantly finding open space and when he happens to be within taking the ball on the full I get worried because he is very likely to let it bounce or drop it.,,, I can except that every now and then but it happens way to often with him.
Tedesco to take the 1 jersey. he looked good.

Lawrence is struggling and it is sad. I think it is best for him to play reserve grade to try and find some form, but I cant see that happening.. His speed is just non existant.

Who bagged Ayshford… He has been good.

My criticism of Ayshford relates to his zombie like reactions…..there were a couple of times when we could have been punished big-time last night for this

@happy tiger said:
Anthism when you watch Melbourne's third try ,explain to me what Rowdy was doing exactly ??

Don't have access to the game ATM. My point is that Reddy would be our worst option. As in other thread Simona would be our 2nd option but that's still a risk

@tigsta said:
Moltzen is a problem,,,, I feel sorry for him but he needs to go. Opposition kicks are constantly finding open space and when he happens to be within taking the ball on the full I get worried because he is very likely to let it bounce or drop it.,,, I can except that every now and then but it happens way to often with him.

Lawrence is struggling and it is sad. I think it is best for him to play reserve grade to try and find some form, but I cant see that happening.. His speed is just non existant.

how do u give tedesco the jumper when his defence has been atrocious but insist moltzen has to go?

They are both out of position.

play them both correctly and they are both worthy of playing nrl

Sorry Lawrence your time is up for all the reasons other forum members have pointed out.

Injuries have curtailed many a career including TT, Dwyer and now Lawrence.

Maybe he can reinvent himself as a back rower but this has to be done in State Cup.

Happy for Moltzen to cover for Marshall at 5/8.

i've resisted and resisted,but lawrence can't continue the way he is going.
he can't handle the bulk.
he came straight back from that hip and still showed burst running forward and in recovery in defense.
now he is just plodding.
funny someone said collis,i felt he was the same as well.

as for backrow,don't waste your time.

@mtd said:
@tigsta said:

how do u give tedesco the jumper when his defence has been atrocious but insist moltzen has to go?

They are both out of position.

play them both correctly and they are both worthy of playing nrl

tedesco has made some mistakes in defence but most of them have been due to the player defending inside him, in last nights game it was lawrence and i think anasta who left him 2 on 1.
He made up for benji's bad miss when slater step around him by anjkle tapping slater and also bringing down the big winger who got on the outside of him in the second half, he is definitley improving in an unfimiliar position.

you say you cant give tedesco the number 1 because his defence has been "atrocious" but then you also say he is playing out of position???

there is room for moltzen in the team but its not at fullback, which everyone except harry seems to be able to see.

if i'm brutally honest,keeping players like moltzen will see us continually fighting just to take that 8th spot.

but it isn't just moltzen,you could make a case for pretty much every player in our backline over the last season.
koro is the only safe one for me right now and would like teddy to take over no. 1 and continue transforming this roster throughout the year.

poor Lawrence, he was so explosive back in the day… he has given so much for the tigers... i'd be happy for pottsie to give him benefit of the doubt for the remainder of the season.. though i reckon he could loose a few kilos... i'll never forget when he came back into the sqaud two weeks after having his cheek bone cracked back in 2010 for the semis.. very brave...

As for Moltzen, id drop him... teddy seems to play with his heart..

As for simona, im sure he will get a run sooner or later...

Tigers played very well last night, i am really proud.. win draw or loose as long as you play with heart..

We can only get better

Moltzen should have been punted last year they never should have extended his cntract, it's very clear he is not up to first grade standard and never will be. Tedesco will be a gun , get him at fullback now before we lose him to another club…

Lawrence has to go….he has been a passenger for way to long.
He used to be able to defend and hit holes...he can't do either now.
He could never pass or kick so what is he there for? :deadhorse:
Ive seen players come back from poor form before but he will never recover.
Massive liability and will contribute to more loses than wins - he must be punted.
Time to bring in Brien or Simona.
I would even put Bodene at centre.
Ashyford has been good this year and is getting back to his old self.

Back