Moltzen and Lawrence

getagrip

I don't know how much longer Potter can afford to carry these two. They both make their teammates nervous in defence they are also giving nothing in attack. Benji is in the same boat and at best fades in and out of a matches, but he is a protected species and will always be there.

Moltzen I am not sure about him, I think he has improved and still offers something to the team.

However Lawrence on the other hand he has lost it, I never remember him being a good defender but him and Ashford can tackle Ashford still has some attack.
Lawrence has lost that and his speed has gone.

@Westie said:
Moltzen I am not sure about him, I think he has improved and still offers something to the team.

However Lawrence on the other hand he has lost it, I never remember him being a good defender but him and Ashford can tackle Ashford still has some attack.
Lawrence has lost that and his speed has gone.

Lawrence needs to personally step down he is killing this team.. If he had any respect he would

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_

How sad is it? We all used to waiting impatiently for Lawrence to return from injury but now I find myself thinking maybe it would be better for the team if he were injured. The injuries have absolutely crippled him and it's looking like he will be joining Tuiaki and Dwyer in unfulfilled talent due to injury category. :frowning:

Lawrence needs to go to reggies for a couple months he is an old man out there. I've defended him for ever but he is a passenger after 20 mins into a game he may need to mould himself into a Luke Lewis style player now. He has lost his speed and agility.

@smoking gun said:
Lawrence needs to go to reggies for a couple months he is an old man out there. I've defended him for ever but he is a passenger after 20 mins into a game he may need to mould himself into a Luke Lewis style player now. He has lost his speed and agility.

Yep Gun Rowdy needs to be tapped on the shoulder sent back to reggies to learn to become a back rower ,but even then he doesn't get back and hit the ball up with momentum

Reckon Moltzen played his last game at fullback for the Tigers ,whether he is playing 7 next week with Benji's foot is another matter

A mid to long stint in NSW Cup might be embarrassing for him to cop, but honestly he needs to do something because he is just not showing the same level as he used to.

Lawrence unfortunately has never recovered fully from the hip injury. I agree time for a new face in the centres.

Oh no, hate to agree, but Lawrenec and even Ayshford aren't really giving the team any help. Without Korro on the wing, we look quite weak. Defenders arn't backing away thinking whats he going to do, like they should be. He starting to be too up and down. It's a shame and I hope he can sort it out fast. Moltzen has improved and Tedessco although good, made a couple of costly errors tonight. Gee, wasn't reddy solid.

@happy tiger said:
@smoking gun said:

Yep Gun Rowdy needs to be tapped on the shoulder sent back to reggies to learn to become a back rower ,but even then he doesn't get back and hit the ball up with momentum

Reckon Moltzen played his last game at fullback for the Tigers ,whether he is playing 7 next week with Benji's foot is another matter

I reckon they will continue to swap the 2 fullbacks, both were good tonight. Unfortunately the late tries happened with s bit of inexperienced play from tedessco on the wing.
maybe if we are setting a set for a move that involves a ball playing role for the fullback we use moltz other than that we play tedessco at the back.
Moltzen was good tonight bar the drop bomb.
The tackle ob Smith after the quick tap was a beauty

Plenty of knee jerk reactions here.

Lawrence was outstanding in first half. Thought that the misses in the second half were the result of tired inside defence which meant he was covering two men; his man and the man inside (i think it was Bell who was too slow moving across in one try).

Ayshford was worse and Benji and Blair in fact.

Well…Moltzen is simply not a first grade fullback.....same shit he has served up for 2yrs in the 1\. But i think we could use his pace out-wide and would give him a go at outside centre in place of Ayshford...we are clearly lacking pace out-wide.

When Sironen comes back it will solve one edge problem.

We competed with Melbourne for along time tonight and unfortunately it was just a few little areas that cost us.

Lawrence's first half was much better. The try to Cronk was disappointing to concede and we just did not number up.

Moltzen was good outside the dropped bomb. He is much improved.

Tonight was a good effort. We were massive outsiders tonight and we gave Melbourne a good scare.

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_

@larrycorowa said:
Plenty of knee jerk reactions here.

I thought Lawrence was great and he has been good all year. That crucial try that the storm scored though was to me his fault.

Tedesco is better than Moltzen and should be at 1\. Moltzen has been good this year and he wasn't bad tonight but Tedesco is better. This decision needs to be made.

I couldn't drop Reddy or Ayshford on their performances although I think we need more speed on that side.

@Goose said:
@happy tiger said:
@smoking gun said:

I reckon they will continue to swap the 2 fullbacks, both were good tonight. Unfortunately the late tries happened with s bit of inexperienced play from tedessco on the wing.
maybe if we are setting a set for a move that involves a ball playing role for the fullback we use moltz other than that we play tedessco at the back.
Moltzen was good tonight bar the drop bomb.
The tackle ob Smith after the quick tap was a beauty

Goose usually I think you are on the mark ,but those two late tries were Lawrences fault Lawrence is chasing fairies out there and leaves players on a lurch by other coming out of the line ,not sliding, not moving up or catching thin air Teddy had no chance with the second last try You can see him waiting for Lawrence to take his man and his does nothing except lumber after the attacking player

At half time I thought to myself, Lawrence is making some good reads in defence. 2nd half he was back to career poor defence. He seems to have some remnants of speed early in the game but he just doesn't seem to be able to hoof it when he gets tired late in games. The chase on DCE comes to mind late in the manly game. He doesn't seem to move sideways well and is slow off the mark, which is largely the reason for his defensive lapses.

I'd still have Lawrence in any tigers game I select ahead of reddy at the moment. Gee, who would have ever thought we'd be talking about reddy and Lawrence as equals. Very sad.

Made about 5 really bad decisions in defence. Three of those his team mates covered up, the other two they didn't.

I think Ayshford has been great this season and slowly building.

Moltzen…..well I have a pretty strong opinion on him but he is capable of covering wing until Koro is back IMHO

Back