More Tigers Players To Be Punted

@tigerman80 said:
@gallagher said:
Woods turning up just says the quality of the bloke. Standing by a mate. I'd expect no less from him. He's all class and a true leader.

And thats my point, it once again looks like we are back to being a divided club. And you cant win many games of football when you dont have a united front. I go back to the rabbitohs game and how the players mobbed farah after his try, the fact they have won the last couple of games with him, and not all the players might be behind this.

While it seems most players support RF it doesn't necessarily mean that they are against JT. It was great that some players were there but I wouldn't read too much into it.

Farahs comments after the match weren't good for the club at all though.. Said it was ironic that JT was so focussed on defence and we're the second worst inter comp, openly said it was unfair that he was dropped and that blame had been laid on him for the performance of the team. So, completely questions the validity of the coaches decisions right in front of the media. I'm actually more for having Robbie in the team, I don't think it was the best decision to drop him, but those comments were completely unprofessional.

@Sco77y said:
Farahs comments after the match weren't good for the club at all though.. Said it was ironic that JT was so focussed on defence and we're the second worst inter comp, openly said it was unfair that he was dropped and that blame had been laid on him for the performance of the team. So, completely questions the validity of the coaches decisions right in front of the media. I'm actually more for having Robbie in the team, I don't think it was the best decision to drop him, but those comments were completely unprofessional.

He should have shut his mouth but I can see where he is coming from. JT hasn't exactly been professional since he came to the club.

@stevetiger said:
@Sco77y said:

He should have shut his mouth but I can see where he is coming from. JT hasn't exactly been professional since he came to the club.

Has taylor ever bagged Farah to the media?

@gallagher said:
@stevetiger said:
@Sco77y said:

I can't remember him doing that but I do remember him bagging previous players and coaches.

@stevetiger said:
@gallagher said:
@stevetiger said:
@Sco77y said:

I can't remember him doing that but I do remember him bagging previous players and coaches.

He's never bagged anyone within the organisation in public.
Sobbie has. He even referred to the club as "they".
He's a joke.

Maybe as part of the farewell tour, Robbie can take his skillset to Ron Massey cup next week?

@stryker said:
@gallagher said:
@cqtiger said:
As for the topic, maybe some players are taking RF's side and the club is going to do a proper cleanout this time.

If you don't buy in to the coaches plan, goodbye.

But … It was only a 10 second snippet with no names mentioned, so I believe it is just some more media stirring.
Anything Wests Tigers this week gets attention and sponsors love that.

Hooper is firmly behind Farah in this. He's just out to try and make the club look bad.

Haha I think the club is doing a great job of that without his help

Yes … Spot on.

@gallagher said:
@stevetiger said:
@gallagher said:
@stevetiger said:

He's never bagged anyone within the organisation in public.
Sobbie has. He even referred to the club as "they".
He's a joke.

Yep, on top of it all inferring that the whole club is against him.. Not cool. The life of this saga has just been reignited.

@stevetiger said:
http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2016/7/robbie-farah-admits-wests-tigers-career-could-be-over/

This is interesting as well.

It's funny that Benji who supposedly didn't get along with Robbie is supporting Robbie at the game.

You might be reading a little to much into it, maybe he was there to watch his brother play!!!!!!

but yes it adds to the drama connecting Farah and Benji

@gallagher said:
@stevetiger said:
@Sco77y said:

Telling the media that Farah is not suited to his game plan for attack, so drops one of his best defensive players to rectify this, knowing that we are struggling in defense? MAYBE!

Hmm …RF mentioned that he had to tow the line and not give the club any reason to jeopardise his contract...haven't they put a media ban on the players this week ?

@tigerman80 said:
@rex2ce said:
Our Captain was sitting with Benji at the game also

Wow, Aaaron Woods the captain of the Wests tigers was there to watch Robbie. What does that tell you about where his support lies. He knew media from everywhere would be there. Oh no JT , are your players starting to see through your lies and hidden agendas.

sarcasm right? the players are always at LO…its just that pretty much no one else is

@gallagher said:
@Patts said:
@Nelson said:
@tigerman80 said:
Wow, Aaaron Woods the captain of the Wests tigers was there to watch Robbie. What does that tell you about where his support lies. He knew media from everywhere would be there. Oh no JT , are your players starting to see through your lies and hidden agendas.

It doesn't tell me much. It's not that uncommon for first graders to turn up and watch reggies when there isn't a scheduling clash. I think you're probably reading a bit too much into it.

In fact Moses, Brooks and Teddy are regular spectators at these games. If you want to read into Woods presence in the stands, perhaps you can read into these guys absence as well??

Fair call. One bloke from the first grade team turned up. I guess 16 showed support of Taylor.

I saw Chris Lawrence, Kyle Lovett, Jordan Rankin, Aaron Woods, Mitchell Moses and I was only in one section of the ground.

As long as they all act professional tomorrow unlike our former © today, sobbing in front of the cameras
I imagine it is possible they're there to support their mates in reserves AND be on the same page as the coach...

@gallagher said:
@stevetiger said:
@Sco77y said:

Taylor facing the media and directly saying "we stand a better chance of winning against the Dragons without Robbie in the team" is bagging him IMO.
Robbie is a petulant sook but the club has handled this whole thing as poorly as you would expect from WT. It isn't the first time our club has got itself into a huge mess, all played out in the media. WT are amateurs when it comes to resolving internal problems in-house.

@Fade To Black said:
@gallagher said:
@stevetiger said:
@Sco77y said:

Taylor facing the media and directly saying "we stand a better chance of winning against the Dragons without Robbie in the team" is bagging him IMO.
Robbie is a petulant sook but the club has handled this whole thing as poorly as you would expect from WT. It isn't the first time our club has got itself into a huge mess, all played out in the media. WT are amateurs when it comes to resolving internal problems in-house.

The club definitely handles things very poorly at times, the past week being a prime example, but why does every left of field decision always have to be such a huge deal for us? Someone mentioned Nathan Peats in relation to this saga before. The guy gets shifted to another state within a short period of time and essentially cops it on the chin without even 1/10th of the fuss that's been created by Robbie playing one match in reserve grade!

@Patts said:
In fact Moses, Brooks and Teddy are regular spectators at these games. If you want to read into Woods presence in the stands, perhaps you can read into these guys absence as well??

Correct. The rumours going around about Brooks and Moses about this decision are growing. JT is taking the heat for them.

Latest posts

Back