More Tigers Players To Be Punted

Muffstar

I just listened to a MMM link and Hooper was saying that more players will be punted maybe as soon as next week.

I don't know how to copy the link but if someone else can and post it that would be great. No names were mentioned and I don't know how reliable this guy is either.

@Muffstar said:
I just listened to a MMM link and Hooper was saying that more players will be punted maybe as soon as next week.

I don't know how to copy the link but if someone else can and post it that would be great. No names were mentioned and I don't know how reliable this guy is either.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2016/7/reports-more-wests-tigers-players-to-be-sacked/

Here you go…

Hooper is a Tigers fan and one of the best at getting scoops these days his strike rate is very high.
There was an article recently statin that Rankin and Naiqama were told to look elsewhere however, if you look at NSW cup we also have Farah, Cherrington, Sironen.

Seems a strange time to punt anyone. It's not as though they can join anyone else.

@TYGA said:
Hooper is a Tigers fan and one of the best at getting scoops these days his strike rate is very high.
There was an article recently statin that Rankin and Naiqama were told to look elsewhere however, if you look at NSW cup we also have Farah, Cherrington, Sironen.

It really ticks me off how Cherrington has just been discarded by Taylor & co. The guy had so much obvious talent and spark out of dummy half. All signs were there that he was ready to step up this season with the right nurturing, imo. Now with the full season almost done he has gone backwards and is most probably on his way off to Penrith. Brilliant stuff Wests Tigers!

@Flippedy said:
@TYGA said:

It really ticks me off how Cherrington has just been discarded by Taylor & co. The guy had so much obvious talent and spark out of dummy half. All signs were there that he was ready to step up this season with the right nurturing, imo. Now with the full season almost done he has gone backwards and is most probably on his way off to Penrith. Brilliant stuff Wests Tigers!

If I had to guess I'd say he signed for Penrith early in the season and they then decided to shelve him from that point. Same as JAC.

@Flippedy said:
@TYGA said:

TigerTorch claimed Cherro has a deal with Penrith dependent on whether Farah is here or not next year. Believe that or not as you may.

A club coming 11th is looking to offload some players?
I find that hard to believe.

@Nelson said:
@Flippedy said:
@TYGA said:

If I had to guess I'd say he signed for Penrith early in the season and they then decided to shelve him from that point. Same as JAC.

Most likely, but the point is he wouldn't have even wanted to go elsewhere if he was being groomed to play in the top grade and treated decently here. He had the world at his feet at the end of 2015 and it all went south from there for whatever reason. It should never have happened, but it has, so what can you do?

@Masterton said:
@Flippedy said:
@TYGA said:

TigerTorch claimed Cherro has a deal with Penrith dependent on whether Farah is here or not next year. Believe that or not as you may.

I think that may have been his sentiment in the very early part of the season, but it's obviously not Farah standing in the way of young Cherrington's progress now. Farah has been out for several games this year and now he is out altogether. Halatau and ET are the next in line and Ballin if he wasn't injured, Cherro has dropped way down the list. It's a damn shame.

Maybe Cherringtons commitment has not been up to scratch this year. In early games in the season he was not getting many minutes & defence was fairly weak.

Rumour early in season was that he 'demanded' to be the number one hooker in the squad. No idea how true this is but if true I would've dumped him too.

But there is a truck full of rumours around this place.

As for the topic, maybe some players are taking RF's side and the club is going to do a proper cleanout this time.

If you don't buy in to the coaches plan, goodbye.

But … It was only a 10 second snippet with no names mentioned, so I believe it is just some more media stirring.
Anything Wests Tigers this week gets attention and sponsors love that.

@Flippedy said:
@TYGA said:

well the question is liddle or cherrington

i think from the 10-15 games of cherrington and reports of liddle and his debut game, liddle appears to be a better long term successor to farah. much more solid defensively

@cqtiger said:
As for the topic, maybe some players are taking RF's side and the club is going to do a proper cleanout this time.

If you don't buy in to the coaches plan, goodbye.

But … It was only a 10 second snippet with no names mentioned, so I believe it is just some more media stirring.
Anything Wests Tigers this week gets attention and sponsors love that.

Hooper is firmly behind Farah in this. He's just out to try and make the club look bad.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2016/7/robbie-farah-admits-wests-tigers-career-could-be-over/

This is interesting as well.

It's funny that Benji who supposedly didn't get along with Robbie is supporting Robbie at the game.

I think there needs to be a bit of a clean-out at the club, as long as the right players are selected and the club has a plan around who will replace them in the 1st grade squad.

Latest posts

Back