Moses Mbye Super Duper Thread

@cultured_bogan said in [Moses Mbye Super Duper Thread](/post/1447479) said:
@mighty_tiger said in [Moses Mbye Super Duper Thread](/post/1447454) said:
Cmon guys… seriously as if anyone here would knock back 700-900k which was double other clubs offered to move 30mins up the road ….

Mbye has handled himself brilliantly I think owning it and never dropping the club into it. If anything his management did a too good a job in getting the Tigers to pay sooooo much. He is the first to say he never performed to the price tag but for people saying he never thought about the club etc as if any of you would think of your employer if you where getting double that your mate was getting at another comparable business doing less work & say hmmm I will resign because thats not right…

Sure Mbye didn’t live up to his price tag but that’s not on him, that is on the club for offering such ridiculous amount up front, same with Reynolds, Packer and Matts. 99% of people here would’ve taken that contract if offered.

Great news is the club looks to have learned that it just won’t do that again unless it’s for a genuine star & we can now formally move on from the wasted cash contracts we once had. 2022 is a new dawn for us.

100% of this forum would have.

I'm OK with his honesty about not living up to it, I'm OK with him recognising that he would be better off going somewhere else.

I would think for that sort of money you would be giving it everything with every play you make. I feel he hasn't done that and I am not unhappy that we've managed to find him a home for next year.

Im always positive about your input CB and mostly agree with you on this topic,however,many said he didnt put in,I dont agree with the laziness "just getting the money"scenario,why?...when he first started with us he was very good in the fullback role,his passing is great and his defense was solid..
He got an injury in the groin and they are very hard to heal in a short period of time,he played on even though the injury wasnt completely healed after some rehab,then as things improved for him he got a knee injury and it took a long time as well....
So not as to be a fanboy as such but moreso as a person who understands some of these injuries do affect players and take time to get over and into full strength again...it does have an adverse affect on your natural game if you carry injuries....
All in all I wont bag the man as many others have and I really do think that he wanted to be coached by Ivan as his first few games showed he was a good pickup for us and Ivan dumping us as well as Moses,Packer,JR and Mats left us a very big hole to fill and an even harder job for Madge and co to repair...

@truetiger said in [Moses Mbye Super Duper Thread](/post/1447490) said:
@cultured_bogan said in [Moses Mbye Super Duper Thread](/post/1447479) said:
Cmon guys… seriously as if anyone here would knock back 700-900k which was double other clubs offered to move 30mins up the road ….

Mbye has handled himself brilliantly I think owning it and never dropping the club into it. If anything his management did a too good a job in getting the Tigers to pay sooooo much. He is the first to say he never performed to the price tag but for people saying he never thought about the club etc as if any of you would think of your employer if you where getting double that your mate was getting at another comparable business doing less work & say hmmm I will resign because thats not right…

Sure Mbye didn’t live up to his price tag but that’s not on him, that is on the club for offering such ridiculous amount up front, same with Reynolds, Packer and Matts. 99% of people here would’ve taken that contract if offered.

Great news is the club looks to have learned that it just won’t do that again unless it’s for a genuine star & we can now formally move on from the wasted cash contracts we once had. 2022 is a new dawn for us.

100% of this forum would have.

I'm OK with his honesty about not living up to it, I'm OK with him recognising that he would be better off going somewhere else.

I would think for that sort of money you would be giving it everything with every play you make. I feel he hasn't done that and I am not unhappy that we've managed to find him a home for next year.

Im always positive about your input CB and mostly agree with you on this topic,however,many said he didnt put in,I dont agree with the laziness "just getting the money"scenario,why?...when he first started with us he was very good in the fullback role,his passing is great and his defense was solid..
He got an injury in the groin and they are very hard to heal in a short period of time,he played on even though the injury wasnt completely healed after some rehab,then as things improved for him he got a knee injury and it took a long time as well....
So not as to be a fanboy as such but moreso as a person who understands some of these injuries do affect players and take time to get over and into full strength again...it does have an adverse affect on your natural game if you carry injuries....
All in all I wont bag the man as many others have and I really do think that he wanted to be coached by Ivan as his first few games showed he was a good pickup for us and Ivan dumping us as well as Moses,Packer,JR and Mats left us a very big hole to fill and an even harder job for Madge and co to repair...

He was good when he first came over. I feel particularly this year he has been phoning it in somewhat. Just dumb mistakes, not taking the hit ups from the back. I don't know if his heart isn't in it anymore or he was thinking about his future, that's not plain to see so I can only speculate on that.

The paycheque thing is on the club. They valued him at that, they have to own that.

@kazoo-kid said in [Moses Mbye Super Duper Thread](/post/1447304) said:
At least he is going out with class. We paid $600K+ for Packer to sit on the sidelines for the last 3 years. Haven't heard a peep from him all year.

He has been injured most of the time?

@bagnf05 said in [Moses Mbye Super Duper Thread](/post/1447358) said:
@tigerap said in [Moses Mbye Super Duper Thread](/post/1447308) said:
@snake said in [Moses Mbye Super Duper Thread](/post/1447267) said:
I give Mybe credit at least he was honest tonight in the interview on ch9.

Subtle digs at the club if you read between the lines….whoever negotiated his $800-900k salary deserves a medal…he has been a dud buy only cause he never lived up to his salary….had he been on his true value $300k…there would be no negative noise…..

Half way through a $3.5m contract and decides he’s just not good value. Honest but didn’t offer to give anything back.

@tony-soprano stated Reynolds didnt claim his last year contract $$$ so he could go and play in England.
Seems to me Josh Reynolds is twice the man Mbye is.

@tigerap said in [Moses Mbye Super Duper Thread](/post/1447402) said:
@bagnf05 said in [Moses Mbye Super Duper Thread](/post/1447358) said:
@tigerap said in [Moses Mbye Super Duper Thread](/post/1447308) said:
@snake said in [Moses Mbye Super Duper Thread](/post/1447267) said:
I give Mybe credit at least he was honest tonight in the interview on ch9.

Subtle digs at the club if you read between the lines….whoever negotiated his $800-900k salary deserves a medal…he has been a dud buy only cause he never lived up to his salary….had he been on his true value $300k…there would be no negative noise…..

Half way through a $3.5m contract and decides he’s just not good value. Honest but didn’t offer to give anything back.

I don't blame him for that, I don't know anyone that has or would give money back to a club for "not giving value for money"...deep down he has been laughing at us for the last 3 years getting paid more than top surgeons do in a year.!......

Oh! make no mistake Mbye is a surgeon.

He cut open our purse, extracted the dough.
Just like all the surgeons in Macquarie Street,
Then revisited us 20 times this year alone.
As with other surgeons, basically did nothing.
He stitched us up big time.

Think you can leave Matulino out of the bludgers club - he always gave his best.

Personally, Mbye was on a ridiculous amount of money (that was stupid).
However even if he was 350k (still slightly overpriced but we'll run with that), What I will not run with - is the fact that this year especially, he was not putting in 100% or anything like it - most of the time he was dogging it, which is why they should have kept him.

![Screenshot_20210818-115816_Instagram.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1629251928045-screenshot_20210818-115816_instagram.jpg)

Posted today, i believe the article was yesterday but our man staying in the news.
💯

**Rockhampton visit a welcome relief for departing Mbye
Author - Michael Blok
Timestamp - Wed 18 Aug 2021, 10:15 AM**

It’s been a big week for Moses Mbye, but a trip to Rockhampton on Saturday is exactly what’s needed for the experienced utility

The 28-year-old announced on Tuesday that he’ll be leaving Wests Tigers at season’s end, however his focus is completely on the club’s Round 23 clash against Cronulla.

Saturday’s game will be the first ever NRL fixture to be played at Rockhampton.

“I’m pumped to play in Rockhampton,” Mbye said.

“I got to play my first game in ‘Rocky’ when I was 11-years-old in a schoolboys tournament.

“I’m pretty excited to get back there. It’s pretty famous for a small town that makes a lot of noise in the NRL world. There are quality players who come from there — Benny Hunt and Harry Grant is from just up the road. They produce some really quality players for such a small town.

“I told the boys about the history of Rockhampton and everyone is excited to play. It’s something different and it’s great to give back to the regional community. Everyone knows Queenslanders love their footy, especially in towns like that.”

“It’ll be good to get 5,000 people up there on the cans, yelling over the fence — it’ll be good fun.”

Mbye has spoken about his decision to leave the club at the end of the year to link up with St George Illawarra on a two-year deal.

He says Wests Tigers will always have a special place in his heart and he had the future of the club in his best interest when deciding to depart.

"I always thought coming towards the end of last year, if I get an opportunity to go elsewhere it'll probably benefit both myself and the club,” Mbye said.

"The fact that ‘Madge’ [coach Michael Maguire] will be able to recruit who he thinks he needs in the side, that was a part of the decision.”

The 28-year-old's career decision is being labelled as selfless for the Wests Tigers given the amount of salary-cap space Mbye's departure will free up at the club for next season.

"It was just unfortunate for ‘Madge’ the time when he came in, there was a lot of players who were top heavy on big, long-term contracts,” he said.

"When you get paid close to a million dollars a year there's going to be big expectations

"If you're in a position where I'm in, get paid the big bucks in the centre stage, that's what it is.

"You've got to expect that sort of thing, you've got to be up for it. That is what came with it and I was up for it [but] I'm not that guy anymore.

"I'm not that marquee guy anymore so I can go down there and give myself the best opportunity to put my best foot forward and you never know I might be that marquee guy again one day.”

But Mbye’s immediate focus is on Saturday’s game against the Sharks — a win will keep the side in touch with the top eight.

“We’re still alive in the competition, so hopefully if we can keep winning, we can finish the season on a good note,” he said.

“The focus this week is on the Sharks and we need to go out there and perform to keep our season alive.”

@demps said in [Moses Mbye Super Duper Thread](/post/1447576) said:
![Screenshot_20210818-115816_Instagram.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1629251928045-screenshot_20210818-115816_instagram.jpg)

Posted today, i believe the article was yesterday but our man staying in the news.
💯

He wasn't becoming a hindrance, he is a hindrance.

So in that article he's pretty much just reaffirmed what a slacker he had become at this club - was happy to be the marquee player on big money and try to be the star initially....but when it got tough he just milked on by.
By no means will he go down as one of the worst in ability, but for dedication and attitude to play for this club he frikin stinks, hard. good riddance.

Packer Signing was much worse.
Good luck to Moses he left without kicking stones and spoke well about the Club and Madge
At 450k he is a good price for St George

Selfless Saints-bound Mbye helps Tigers
By AAP Newswire

Moses Mbye - AAP
Moses Mbye has revealed he is leaving Wests Tigers to give the club more salary cap space after admitting he hadn't lived up his hefty price tag.

Mbye was released from the final year of his Tigers contract on Tuesday, signing a new two-season deal at St George Illawarra starting in 2022.

That deal is worth significantly less than the $800,000 he was signed for by the Tigers in 2019, and while the Tigers will pay part of his salary next year a cut will come in 2023.

ADVERTISING

It came as a frank Mbye on Tuesday made a stand for embattled coach Michael Maguire and confirmed he wanted to help him free up cap space by moving on.

"I've been around the game long enough to understand that how it works," Mbye said.

"You don't want to be a burden on the club.

"I came up to this club with huge expectations under different management and I had huge expectations of myself.

"Unfortunately on-field performances have been underwhelming at some stages.

"I honestly think that it's fair for Madge (Maguire) ... to be able to put together his team, put together the roster he requires to win games.

"I always said if I had the opportunity to go to a club where I'm seen as one of those guys that they need to win games then I'd take it."

The move comes after the 28-year-old and Wests Tigers agreed in March he could look elsewhere, with the Dragons always the likely destination.

Mbye said he'd been motivated to make the switch after watching high-price Ivan Cleary signings Josh Reynolds and Ben Matulino wiped from the salary cap, with Russell Packer also gone this year.

"I've got a lot of respect for Madge as a guy and a coach. He wears his heart on the sleeve and he often gets a bad rap," Mbye said.

"But I have been living with the guy for the last month up here (in the Queensland hub) and his heart is in the right place. He wants his club to go in the right direction.

"I think by gaining a little bit of salary cap space for him and also without hindering my career it's a no-brainer."

After Mbye floated between fullback, centre, five-eighth and utility, he expects to have a similar role filling gaps as youngsters develop at the Dragons.

But he does have aspire to return to his best, with less scrutiny on him than during his time at the Tigers.

"When you get paid close to a million dollars a year there's going to be a big expectations," Mbye said.

"I'm not that marquee guy anymore so I can go down there and give myself the best opportunity to put my best foot forward.

"And you never know I might be that marquee guy again one day."

So, who are the new players besides the English boys, is the club going to sign for 2022?

@tig_prmz said in [Moses Mbye Super Duper Thread](/post/1447201) said:
@dwight-schrute said in [Moses Mbye Super Duper Thread](/post/1446991) said:
@tig_prmz said in [Moses Mbye Super Duper Thread](/post/1446973) said:
his defence was sound

Wow.
Could you set the bar any lower.
You must think Nofa's a defensive dynamo.

Can you say that anyone in our team's defence is sound?

But more importantly, I feel he let us down in the middle when he played hooker/lock but at centre and fullback, I felt very safe.

WTF? At centre and fullback Moses continually positions himself so he can't make a tackle or have to put his body on the line. He leaves huge holes inside him at centre leaving the team hanging

@camel2281 said in [Moses Mbye Super Duper Thread](/post/1447801) said:
his defence was sound

Wow.

But more importantly, I feel he let us down in the middle when he played hooker/lock but at centre and fullback, I felt very safe.

WTF? At centre and fullback Moses continually positions himself so he can't make a tackle or have to put his body on the line. He leaves huge holes inside him at centre leaving the team hanging

A good bet is that a goal kicking St George centre will replace him.

@camel2281 said in [Moses Mbye Super Duper Thread](/post/1447801) said:
his defence was sound

Wow.

He also actively avoids running kicks back wherever possible

@spartan117 said in [Moses Mbye Super Duper Thread](/post/1447738) said:
Mbye has proved he is a classy individual.

Best of luck in 2022 in all but 2x Games (Against the Tigers of course)

He’s a good politician and about as truthful.

@newtown said in [Moses Mbye Super Duper Thread](/post/1447784) said:
So, who are the new players besides the English boys, is the club going to sign for 2022?

That's a damn good question and right now I'm not confident of landing anyone the way things are going. The club has been punched from pillar to post in the media this year and I reckon there would be a few players taking note of that.

Back