Moses

Spoke to a couple of players (one that has been lauded by most of late, the other again being lambasted by plenty on here) and a staff member today.

Get off the Mitchell's back, he is playing to a set structure and doing what he is told and when to do it. As stated on here, I would rather the shackles on our halves were loosened, but will be a while before they are allowed any substantial decision making, so quit the bitching and support them.

Was good to see Taylor finally letting Brooks run on the left late in the game instead of the usual bomb on the last. It was frustrating me no end seeing a two man overlap going to waste earlier in the match.

@formerguest said:
Spoke to a couple of players (one that has been lauded by most of late, the other again being lambasted by plenty on here) and a staff member today.

Get off the Mitchell's back, he is playing to a set structure and doing what he is told and when to do it. As stated on here, I would rather the shackles on our halves were loosened, but will be a while before they are allowed any substantial decision making, so quit the [automatically edited] and support them.

Was good to see Taylor finally letting Brooks run on the left late in the game instead of the usual bomb on the last. It was frustrating me no end seeing a two man overlap going to waste earlier in the match.

Get a grip, no ones bashing the guy. There's noting that's being said here that isn't constructive.

@formerguest said:
Spoke to a couple of players

will be a while before they are allowed any substantial decision making.

Ok, fun times.

Moses looks a little out of his depth at times. Outside of the majestic performance last year against the Dogs we has not given us much at all in attack.

However you got to be proud of him he way he is defending. He looks like he could be a genuine turn style.

@TigerWoods said:
Yep, Moses needs another stint in reggies. Bring in Drinkwater

LOL Moses killed it in Reserve grade. You want him to regress in his development?

I've watche Cornish, Elgy, Bird, MIlford…They ALL took time. I actually thought Moses was much more involved today. You need to remember this season and even perhaps next season is rebuilding.

Do you all remember 2 years ago so many forumers were doubting Tedesco's ability?

Moses was SG Ball player of the year in 2012, lead Balmain to the premiership. PLayed schoolbiys in the same side as Brooksy, Dylan Walker, (that other gun souths winger) and Lodge. How can so many slectors pick Moses in all these rep teams when he doesn;t have the talent? He guided the NSW team last year superbly.

There was another thread about Lichhaa not being NRL standard as well if I remember correctly?

How does Sterlo and other league greats rate this kid but the people here don't? I think the work patience and Moses will be repeated every week this year.

@Tiger In The Gong said:
@formerguest said:
Spoke to a couple of players

will be a while before they are allowed any substantial decision making.

Ok, fun times.

Sounds right. The boys are getting integrated into the system and first grade. We are so luck to have these kids and even Te Maire, which I hope we keep.

@Tiger In The Gong said:
@littletiger said:
How would Marin go?he runs at the line, tackle and kick… if we lost today pressure would of been on Moses I think.

Martin isnt ready and would need a whole off season to get the mistakes are ok so lets push it style they play in 20's out of him or he would cost us as many as he wins.

Great young prospect though. Its like someone said lets cross Matty Bowen with Jonathan Thurston.

Yeh good point mate.

wow that's a massive rap.

@littletiger said:
@Tiger In The Gong said:
@littletiger said:
How would Marin go?he runs at the line, tackle and kick… if we lost today pressure would of been on Moses I think.

Martin isnt ready and would need a whole off season to get the mistakes are ok so lets push it style they play in 20's out of him or he would cost us as many as he wins.

Great young prospect though. Its like someone said lets cross Matty Bowen with Jonathan Thurston.

Yeh good point mate.

wow that's a massive rap.

Love the kid. Threw a silly intercept pass today and needs to work on his defence. Next year perhaps he can start from the bench simialr to how Milford began for the Raiders.

But what does irk me is forumers wanting Drinkwater to replace Brooks/Moses. Drinkwater may win us a few games here and there but in the long term the club will be in a much better position with the experience afforded to the kids in first grade as their ceiling for growth could be anything.

If Moses is being told to do things to ingrain certain fundamentals before being let off the chain, then thats fine IMO. As long as Taylor and his team are getting what they want from him, us fans will just have to deal with the frustration for the time being.

Mind you I wasn't a big fan of what RIcky did with Cornish, Not sure what you guys think.

I only ever drank the Moses cool aid if he made brooks better.

He's not doing that.
\
\
Bye bye Moses.

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0_

@tigerbalm said:

He's not doing that.
\
\
Bye bye Moses.

What do you expect a 20 year five eighth in his 13th first grade game to be doing? And what 20 year olds can you name that have reached your level of expectations?

@tsjonathan said:
@tigerbalm said:

He's not doing that.
\
\
Bye bye Moses.

What do you expect a 20 year five eighth in his 13th first grade game to be doing? And what 20 year olds can you name that have reached your level of expectations?

Seems to have polarised people just like Sirro did. I agree with you - but dont think you are going to convince the non believers until they see it with their own eyes. Good luck trying though.

Moses and Brooks imo are being reined in by the coach and game plan he's bringing them into the fray slowly, it's obvious to me now after todays game that this is deliberate, they are on tight leaches that will slowly be wound out as their confidence grows and the way Taylor is planning on growing their confidence is by having the team give themselves every chance of winning by simplifying the game we play. Taylor realises it's gonna be a long tough season for both of them and he's making life as easy as he can on them in giving them a simple plan to follow so they can find their feet. I'm sure they'll get let off the leash a little at some stage, but i can image the errors if they were playing off the cuff footy now especially with Tedesco linking up, i'm sure we would of seen a few flash tries by now but im also sure we'd see plenty of turnovers putting the team under unnecessary pressure which is what you don't want early in the season.

@Tiger In The Gong said:
@larrycorowa said:
please….Anasta

Yes its true mate, Moses is doing less than what Anasta was doing.

I get everyone likes the guy and expects big things. I do too but come on judge him on his current form.

agreed, its no coincidence people think brooks has gone backwards from the start of last year. our win loss with and without anasta said it all, as did farah and potter EXTREMELY directly. they praised him strongly on footy shows during the week (NRL 360, sterlo etc.)

they need a year or two to both get used to the defensive workload and still have the energy to direct a team around and direct attack close to the line. its not easy when youve only got robbie there trying to help out a bit.

does anyone think they should give a little bit more control to farah? i think theyve gone a TOUCH too far in reigning him in. its a good idea, because he was often too dominant but with the youth we have we could use a tiny bit more leadership from him.

@pHyR3 said:
@Tiger In The Gong said:
@larrycorowa said:
please….Anasta

Yes its true mate, Moses is doing less than what Anasta was doing.

I get everyone likes the guy and expects big things. I do too but come on judge him on his current form.

agreed, its no coincidence people think brooks has gone backwards from the start of last year. our win loss with and without anasta said it all, as did farah and potter EXTREMELY directly. they praised him strongly on footy shows during the week (NRL 360, sterlo etc.)

they need a year or two to both get used to the workload and still have the energy to direct a team around and direct attack close to the line. its not easy when youve only got robbie there trying to help out a bit.

does anyone think they should give a little bit more control to farah? i think theyve gone a TOUCH too far in reigning him in. its a good idea, because he was often too dominant but with the youth we have we could use a tiny bit more leadership from him.

They can't hand it back now pHyR3 , the boys would lose all confidence

Farah wants them to step up , he knows they can't win a premiership relying on him

Be patient and let things happen

Rome wasn't built in a day

@tsjonathan said:
@tigerbalm said:

He's not doing that.
\
\
Bye bye Moses.

\
\
Judging by the amount of responses you've made I'd suggest you are handing out the kool aid.
\
\
That's cool, and I get it. I'd hazard a guess you are either somehow close to the kid or have spent an large amount of time watching reserves in which he carved up.
\
\
News flash!

Resi's is full of great kids that can never kick on in the big show. Brooks, to me, shows something that can't be taught. I can see and understand the hype. Moses, seems like our 2015…what's his name? You know, the kid that was gunna be awesome?

Patience patience patience patience patience patience patience… :blah
It does seem at the moment the side is playing like automatons (how uninspiring was the first 65 minutes today?!) to a very rigid game plan; and schedule of individual progression.

Whilst I was harsh on Moses to start with (thought "mossies" aptly described his defence on the big guys!), if what we are seeing is Taylor's vision being carried out I am happy to carry a kid (subjective viewpoint on if they're carrying him) better judges than I have belief in if its all going to plan.

Maybe everyone is doing their job exactly as asked and the result today is a good indicator the machine is being tuned as it should be at this stage?

Anyway, they won today so I don't care! :laughing:

Latest posts

Members online

Back