Moses

Moses was terrible Today 3 runs for 8 metres and 19 tackles please , how long are we going to go on about this potential thing .

Wow, 3 from 5 & these kids are putting there bodies on the line & learning each week what Taylor wants them to do. I know who I would like in trenchers with me & it's not you low gutless wonders bagging these youngsters. Sure they might be struggling a bit at present but that is all a great learning curve & they are our future. Those suggesting Moltzen should book themselves into call an park!!!

When i said at the end of last year I preferred Austin over Moses , i was told i was mad . Watch what Austin did to Manly on the Weekend . He knows when to take on the line .

We try to look to pretty in attack and if it wasn't for Tedesco that adds the spark in attack there wouldn't be much more.

@Tiger In The Gong said:
@larrycorowa said:
please….Anasta

Yes its true mate, Moses is doing less than what Anasta was doing.

I get everyone likes the guy and expects big things. I do too but come on judge him on his current form.

Anasta was absolute crap for all but maybe 2 games in 2 years with us. Hopeless! He often ran for less than 10m a game! O.K. his kicking may have been a little better than Moses, but given his experience you'd hope so too. Give me Moses everyday of the week and twice on Sundays!

@foreveratiger said:
When i said at the end of last year I preferred Austin over Moses , i was told i was mad . Watch what Austin did to Manly on the Weekend . He knows when to take on the line .

We try to look to pretty in attack and if it wasn't for Tedesco that adds the spark in attack there wouldn't be much more.

Austin is also 5 years older than Moses & a lot more experienced. My grandmother could have beat Manly at the moment.

@tig4ever said:
@foreveratiger said:

Austin is also 5 years older than Moses & a lot more experienced. My grandmother could have beat Manly at the moment.

Your entitled to your opinion just like i am , i prefer Austin get over it .

lol really. Anasta and Moltzen.

I'm happy to be patient. Heavily targeted today.

Obvious Eels built plays trying to isolate him . Can hold his head up high.

@larrycorowa said:
I think people are forgetting how bad Anasta was…..

Anasta was the biggest disgrace to ever pull on a WT jersey.
Dogged it in every single game he played for us.

I wonder how many other 5/8's have had to make as many tackles as Moses this year. Maybe it's not a matter of the 5/8 not doing his job - maybe it's his centre and 2nd rower leaving him gassed??

20 tackles today zero missed… Possibly he's concentrating on getting his defence right and that's impacting his attack. Maybe with Brooks and Farah he's not getting the chances right now. In any case I don't see the cause for hysteria. He tackled well, kicked well - the boy has talent with the ball and that will come. There were 7 line breaks all game and most of ours game in the final 10 minutes down Pat's wing.

How many games did Blake Austin play last year and how did we go? Austin is a fine player but I don't see him winning a premiership for a club. He looked good against a very poor Manly team. But when he was available it wasn't a top 4 club who came knocking it was a pretty desperate club. Good luck to him, he'll do a decent job but out of the two Mitchell Moses can form a combination with Brooks and Tedesco that can win a title for us.

@yeti said:
@Tiger In The Gong said:
@larrycorowa said:
please….Anasta

Yes its true mate, Moses is doing less than what Anasta was doing.

I get everyone likes the guy and expects big things. I do too but come on judge him on his current form.

Anasta was absolute crap for all but maybe 2 games in 2 years with us. Hopeless! He often ran for less than 10m a game! O.K. his kicking may have been a little better than Moses, but given his experience you'd hope so too. Give me Moses everyday of the week and twice on Sundays!

Come to grips with what is really happening here -

Moses today - 3 runs for 8 metres and 19 tackles

well, i don't think he is going to get dropped anytime soon….we should be 4 & 1 and haven't played anywhere near our potential.

I thought he was solid today without being outstanding. His bombs in the second half were great didn't give any cheap field postion away. I would say I am more excited about moses than brooks he has it all just light on the kilos. No way he should be dropped it will kill him.. I suspect JT has him playing to a specific way that is containing him. Cant wait till he takes the shackles off him, we might have to wait till nxt year but this guy has the full tool kit…

He's still a light-weight, not big enough to break tackles. He needs to take the line on more, but he does get decked a lot and has copped up the ball a few times from being outmuscled in tackles.

In defence I am pretty happy, he makes decent contact and doesn't get pushed off much defending his own line. He's had plenty of big units directly at him all year.

If that amount of improvement is possible since his defence in 2014, then I don't see why his attack can't also come on given some more time.

Benji was the opposite - dynamite in attack and never any good in defence.

I'm sure that Moses and Brooks are playing to strict instructions from JT, is it working, sure is, 3 from 5, could easily have been 5 from 5, no disgraceful performances like the team dished up at the end of last season, I for one am prepared to wait for the performances to improve, that will be exciting!

Pretty much all his kicks today were taken on the full or one bounce. Not good enough.

His passing has also been a huge issue both last year and this season. Last year he had Benji-itis, throwing it over the sideline too often. He also struggles with soft hands. A lot of the time he'll rocket a ball to someone where he really just needs to drift it to them.

And one thing I've seen far too often that is really concerning is he is just way too reluctant to get tackled. He will get rid of the ball at all costs.

He's a liability at the moment. Give Drinkwater a crack.

Back