Musgrove released from contract

Such a good move! Go Tigers, Musgrove is awful! Sometimes he hits it up strong but his defense is inexcusable and he has no lateral movement and is very lazy around marker. And he also produced both bone headed plays and poor errors. So in my opinion he's unplayable and you put any average prop in there instead of him and it's a plus for your side. I don't think he was on a ridiculous contract, but it was certainly inflated for what he brought to the club.

Just a big thank you to the Saints as well.

Good bit of business, Tigers.

The very best outcome WT got out of this was not having to pay Musgrove for the next two years. I'd call that a win anyday.
What makes you think we didn’t kick in any?
Dragons wouldn’t of signed him for any more than 150k and we wouldn’t of had him on our books for anything less than 250k.

I agree it’s a good outcome but he still offers more of the bench than Seyfarth & Twal

What makes you think we didn’t kick in any?
Dragons wouldn’t of signed him for any more than 150k and we wouldn’t of had him on our books for anything less than 250k.
If dragons took on his reported 450 then happy days. But that makes me concerned…what did we kick in or what’s coming our way in return. Surely they aren’t that desperate.

Dragons sign Musgrove - Dragons.com.au

Mon 17 Oct 2022, 02:57 PM

St George Illawarra have secured the services of Wests Tigers forward Zane Musgrove ahead of the Dragons' 2023 NRL Telstra Premiership campaign.

Musgrove, who was released from the Tigers to sign with the Red V, has played 62 first grade games following his 2016 NRL debut.

The 26-year-old Samoan international joins the Dragons on a two-year deal following the most productive season of his career to date.

Complementing the squad's depth in the forwards was a key contributor to Musgrove's signing, according to Dragons general manager of football, Ben Haran.

"Zane is an established NRL player with a strong physical presence and will be a great addition to our forward pack," Haran said.

"We've been looking to build our forward pack and we're excited to see Zane join the Dragons."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks Dragons. U guys rock!!

St George Illawarra have secured the services of Wests Tigers forward Zane Musgrove ahead of the Dragons' 2023 NRL Telstra Premiership campaign.

Musgrove, who was released from the Tigers to sign with the Red V, has played 62 first grade games following his 2016 NRL debut.

The 26-year-old Samoan international joins the Dragons on a two-year deal following the most productive season of his career to date.

Complementing the squad's depth in the forwards was a key contributor to Musgrove's signing, according to Dragons general manager of football, Ben Haran.

"Zane is an established NRL player with a strong physical presence and will be a great addition to our forward pack," Haran said.

"We've been looking to build our forward pack and we're excited to see Zane join the Dragons."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Locking him down long term back in 2020 was a big mistake.
Solid rap sheet of domestic voilence and indecent assaults so there's that.
Another turd flushed .. hopeful more to come.
Standard Dragons signing.

I actually think he'll come on eventually....
Not comparing them at all....
But I also remember when the Sharks signed Fifita from WT's reserve grade....
First year was ordinary - 2nd year came on.

I also remember Heighno (And maybe some others) Being sent back to ressies after winning the comp.

Really hard to tell with Middles, Some of them take a bit of time to get going
- Musgroves time out of the game and the new pace certainly hasn't helped....
He has the odd decent game in him, Just needs to do it every week....

He also seemed to be gassed early in our games....
But I also thought that of the most of our 17 from week to week.

I think our training intensity is well below the standard of the other teams, And has been for some time. It's evident in the body language during the game - It's been mentioned by players after they've left - And any new player seems to come in and coast with the rest of them.

If dragons took on his reported 450 then happy days. But that makes me concerned…what did we kick in or what’s coming our way in return. Surely they aren’t that desperate.
Griffen hasn’t signed one player contracted to another club without ensuring they are getting a discount. The only one we may of escaped from dropping some cash for is Liddle.
450k wow I thought we were paying a bit but i was expecting just under 300k my god have we made some bum deals.

Yes I have no doubt we would be giving the dragons at least 200k a season of it.

Griffen hasn’t signed one player contracted to another club without ensuring they are getting a discount. The only one we may of escaped from dropping some cash for is Liddle.
450k wow I thought we were paying a bit but i was expecting just under 300k my god have we made some bum deals.

Yes I have no doubt we would be giving the dragons at least 200k a season of it.

We aren't giving them a cent for Musgrove. Source - The POM.

Back