My comments for each player so far.

bigsiro

1. Daine Laurie - I think he is a bit over-rated on here but been very safe, good back-up player and speedy.
2. David Nofoaluma - excellent so far in attack. Every team would take him. Brings ball out so well. Defensively he still makes bad calls.
3. Adam Doueihi - surprisingly really good this year. Please bring back the spirals@@
4. Tommy Talau - Hasn't done enough. Sorry.
5. James Roberts - needs to come looking for the ball more, been a lot better lately. Keeper.
6. Moses Mbye - found his place at 5/8. Nowhere near his price tag but has shown glimpses of class lately. If we keep winning, keep him there. Later on I'd drop him and try others as he is leaving.
7. Luke Brooks - great last two games but long kicking game still awful and needs to stop dumping to Twal on penultimate play. Improved but!
8. James Tamou - I really don't know. Certainly not the rampaging prop he once was, but we knew he'd be like this. So um......good!
9. Jacob Liddle - Jury still out I reckon.
10. Alex Twal - workhorse but becoming too predictable/ boring in attack. Needs to find the offload more.
11. Luke Garner - Easy player to like. Runs good lines. Definite keeper.
12. Luciano Leilua - Still penetrating despite being marked heavily lately. Really like LL!
13. Alex Seyfarth - Becoming impossible to demote/drop. Big heart, big potential.
13. Joe Ofahengaue - A bit 1 dimensional but he does that dimension pretty well. Solid, without being great.

14. Stefano Utoikamanu - Dayum! This guy could be anything!
15. Shawn Blore - Needs more minutes
16. Tom Amone - Needs more minutes
17. Thomas Mikaele - Love this guy's aggression. Missing a certain something. Keeper but!.
18. Joey Leilua - Yeah Nahhh. You know you're out of form when Talau is beating you to a centre position.

Have to agree on Laurie. While he’s definitely good, if you read the forum without watching our games, you’d be forgiven for thinking he’s in the class of Walker and Walsh.

Out of curiosity, why are you surprised about Doueihi? The guy is a gun.

@gnr4life said in [My comments for each player so far\.](/post/1383750) said:
Have to agree on Laurie. While he’s definitely good, if you read the forum without watching our games, you’d be forgiven for thinking he’s in the class of Walker and Walsh.

You have been listening to the media too much - Walker and Walsh are media darlings - good players no doubt but certainly overhyped at this stage. I'm surprised you didn't throw Suaalii in there as well.

Fair.

Agree.

Except Twal, he's doing so much for the pack.
He's been huge.
But always room for improvement.

Thanks for taking the time to write that.
Lesgooooo 🐯🔥

Whats to say laurie isnt in the class of walker or walsh?

@diedpretty said in [My comments for each player so far\.](/post/1383754) said:

You have been listening to the media too much - Walker and Walsh are media darlings - good players no doubt but certainly overhyped at this stage. I'm surprised you didn't throw Suaalii in there as well.

I haven’t seen Suaalii. I have seen the other 2 and they look in a different league to Daine.

@thedaboss said in [My comments for each player so far\.](/post/1383762) said:

Whats to say laurie isnt in the class of walker or walsh?

Because i’ve seen all 3 of them.

@gnr4life said in [My comments for each player so far\.](/post/1383763) said:
@diedpretty said in [My comments for each player so far\.](/post/1383754) said:

I haven’t seen Suaalii. I have seen the other 2 and they look in a different league to Daine.

I’d take Laurie over Walsh

Liddle is one of the best young hookers out there. Sure Grant is in a class of his own but Liddle and Robson for me are the only ones that come close to him out of the younguns (under 25yrs)

His defense is great, good service (albeit a lil rusty at times), and great pace when he needs to turn it on.

Have been very happy to see him finally get some game time

@darlingst said in [My comments for each player so far\.](/post/1383767) said:
Liddle is one of the best young hookers out there. Sure Grant is in a class of his own but Liddle and Robson for me are the only ones that come close to him out of the younguns (under 25yrs)

His defense is great, good service (albeit a lil rusty at times), and great pace when he needs to turn it on.

Have been very happy to see him finally get some game time

Liddle > Mahoney

But Mahoney is getting a lot of shine in the media, talked up for origin, etc.

Grant is #1 though, he's on another level.

I think you're being generous on Roberts to say the least. He's had two ok games on the wing - one where all he really had to do was fall over the line a couple of times and the other where he didn't even really have to do that - after he was moved there because it had become clear that he was unplayably bad in his preferred position of centre.

I'd be delighted if we rescue a first grade winger out of the shell of James Roberts, and from what I've seen so far it looks possible that it might happen. But if he was Robert James, a 24 year old reserve grader, and he'd had the season he's had for us so far I guarantee virtually no-one would be defending him on here.

@bigsiro said in [My comments for each player so far\.](/post/1383730) said:
1. Daine Laurie - I think he is a bit over-rated on here but been very safe, good back-up player and speedy.
2. David Nofoaluma - excellent so far in attack. Every team would take him. Brings ball out so well. Defensively he still makes bad calls.
3. Adam Doueihi - surprisingly really good this year. Please bring back the spirals@@
4. Tommy Talau - Hasn't done enough. Sorry.
5. James Roberts - needs to come looking for the ball more, been a lot better lately. Keeper.
6. Moses Mbye - found his place at 5/8. Nowhere near his price tag but has shown glimpses of class lately. If we keep winning, keep him there. Later on I'd drop him and try others as he is leaving.
7. Luke Brooks - great last two games but long kicking game still awful and needs to stop dumping to Twal on penultimate play. Improved but!
8. James Tamou - I really don't know. Certainly not the rampaging prop he once was, but we knew he'd be like this. So um......good!
9. Jacob Liddle - Jury still out I reckon.
10. Alex Twal - workhorse but becoming too predictable/ boring in attack. Needs to find the offload more.
11. Luke Garner - Easy player to like. Runs good lines. Definite keeper.
12. Luciano Leilua - Still penetrating despite being marked heavily lately. Really like LL!
13. Alex Seyfarth - Becoming impossible to demote/drop. Big heart, big potential.
13. Joe Ofahengaue - A bit 1 dimensional but he does that dimension pretty well. Solid, without being great.

14. Stefano Utoikamanu - Dayum! This guy could be anything!
15. Shawn Blore - Needs more minutes
16. Tom Amone - Needs more minutes
17. Thomas Mikaele - Love this guy's aggression. Missing a certain something. Keeper but!.
18. Joey Leilua - Yeah Nahhh. You know you're out of form when Talau is beating you to a centre position.

When is Mbye leaving?

@demps said in [My comments for each player so far\.](/post/1383755) said:
Fair.

Agree.

He's been huge.

Lesgooooo 🐯🔥

Twal has been relentless in the middle. He has done these sorts of minutes and metres in the past. Some seasons he burns out trying to keep that up for all games.

@tigerwould said in [My comments for each player so far\.](/post/1383774) said:
@demps said in [My comments for each player so far\.](/post/1383755) said:
Fair.

Agree.

He's been huge.

Lesgooooo ??

Twal has been relentless in the middle. He has done these sorts of minutes and metres in the past. Some seasons he burns out trying to keep that up for all games.

He's a gun,
Our best forward easy but the rest of the pack has been sharp as of late.
It's good to see.

Twal is great.
Seriously always has a go.

Liddle has played very well last 4 weeks definitely earned his place and is a first grade hooker.
Twal is very under rated he is killing it.
Blore is the one I have issues with is he a myth ?? or does he just need more minutes. He seems to be the most over rated player on the forum.

@jedi_tiger said in [My comments for each player so far\.](/post/1383776) said:
Liddle has played very well last 4 weeks definitely earned his place and is a first grade hooker.
Blore is the one I have issues with is he a myth ?? or does he just need more minutes. He seems to be the most over rated player on the forum.

Blore is an interesting one. Take out his debut where he stood up to Brown, and there’s not much else. I feel like he’s lived off that to a degree

I’m willing to give Blore time as he’s had some injuries, but he hasn’t shown much since his return.

I can't fault Laurie. FB in my opinion is probably the most challenging positijn on the field to master and shine in, especially for a rookie and his confidence and bravery has been fantastic. He will improve as he matures but the attitude is what I love about him and I'm so glad he is one of ours.

@gnr4life said in [My comments for each player so far\.](/post/1383779) said:

Blore is an interesting one. Take out his debut where he stood up to Brown, and there’s not much else. I feel like he’s lived off that to a degree

I think he is starting to come along, I thought he looked much better on Friday and was running good lines of Brooks.

@cochise said in [My comments for each player so far\.](/post/1383786) said:
@gnr4life said in [My comments for each player so far\.](/post/1383779) said:

I think he is starting to come along, I thought he looked much better on Friday and was running good lines of Brooks.

He looked like Talau...
Physically not playing ability wise.

Could only tell them a part by the leg strapping Blore had.

But yeah, too early to judge.
Break out game was good and just OK since.
Early days.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back