Tigers
Broncos

Grand Final Weststigers v Parramatta
WestsTigers = 24
Parramatta = 14
:wahoo:

I agree with that haha we could make GF
If we make the 8 I reckon we can trouble most sides in the comp

We are shot, gone to gowings,up a creek without a paddle. We are going to come a gallant 10th or so for the fourth year in a row. I sit back and scratch me head, the best second rower in the world, IMO the best no9 since sliced bread, a no6 who on a bad day is better than the next and backed up by the likes of Lawerence,Moltzen,TNT,Rhino, the old war house Skando and I forgot Sause and not to mention the Aussie coach and we still keep falling over at the final jump. Their has to be something seriously wrong to have this much talent and nose dive every year. Okay, injuries,bad calls and bounce of the ball–what will it be next yaer

@innsaneink said:
No team outside the top four has ever won the premiership.

first time for everything :sign:

Ive been doing the NRL predictor everyweek for the last 8 weeks and keeps coming up TIGERS v STORM & we win of course :righton:

I reckon this year's finals is the most open in years. St George have been favourites all year but have been flat recently. Parra are now about 3rd favourite with the bookies but they aren't even in the top 8 yet. Brisbane have refound form. I would have said we were still a good chance except the injuries. Other teams are just bubbling along. Who knows…

@supercoach said:
We are shot, gone to gowings,up a creek without a paddle. We are going to come a gallant 10th or so for the fourth year in a row. I sit back and scratch me head, the best second rower in the world, IMO the best no9 since sliced bread, a no6 who on a bad day is better than the next and backed up by the likes of Lawerence,Moltzen,TNT,Rhino, the old war house Skando and I forgot Sause and not to mention the Aussie coach and we still keep falling over at the final jump. Their has to be something seriously wrong to have this much talent and nose dive every year. Okay, injuries,bad calls and bounce of the ball–what will it be next yaer

We are not in a bad state personnel wise are we ?

The issue over the last couple of years has been not having enougth props and poor team selections in the halves.

@innsaneink said:

If your talking about since the inception of the NRL, then thats right, but if you are talking about since the top 8 has been introduced then I dont believe that is correct.

In 1995 - which I believe was the 1st year of the top 8 system - the Dogs came from 6th to win the premiership. If I remember correctly, it was supposed to be Terry Lamb's last year and they smashed a star studded Raiders side in the Preliminary Final, before going on to beat Manly (16-6 or something like that) in the GF.

P.S. I think they are also the only team to beat teams 3,2 & 1- in that order - to win the premiership but I could be wrong about that.

@GeorgeQ said:
@innsaneink said:

If your talking about since the inception of the NRL, then thats right, but if you are talking about since the top 8 has been introduced then I dont believe that is correct.

In 1995 - which I believe was the 1st year of the top 8 system - the Dogs came from 6th to win the premiership. If I remember correctly, it was supposed to be Terry Lamb's last year and they smashed a star studded Raiders side in the Preliminary Final, before going on to beat Manly (16-6 or something like that) in the GF.

P.S. I think they are also the only team to beat teams 3,2 & 1- in that order - to win the premiership but I could be wrong about that.

Yeah, since the inception of the NRL, I pinched that para from this article.
http://www.nrl.com/newsviews/latestnews/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/56415/stats-insider-what-mcintyre-has-in-store-for-you/default.aspx
Youre also correct on this…

I think they are also the only team to beat teams 3,2 & 1- in that order

....after first beating 7th placed saints

Back