Naiquama Lost the Parra Game

@ said:
I think his hands are basically tied this year. Instilling a new culture would be our best bet and roster changes in the off season. Shuffling the deck chairs a bit this season

Yes and the bands already playing and the fat lady's warming her throat up

Looked like Idris did his hamstring at the end, so I doubt we'd be able to afford another change to the backline in addition to that one.

I thought the intercept attempt on the first Auva'a try was a droppable effort in itself to be honest.

We let a woman-basher score a double, that is unacceptable. Probably the fact he is allowed to play in the NRL is unacceptable but to let a dud player like that cross your line twice is inexcuseable.

@ said:
We let a woman-basher score a double, that is unacceptable. Probably the fact he is allowed to play in the NRL is unacceptable but to let a dud player like that cross your line twice is inexcusable.

Semi deserves a nice long suspension (Domestic violence is a very complex issue, but Semi seems to have continued without penalty) totally agreed he is inexcusable as a player*.

That being said, he is called Semi Trailer for a reason. We need our weetbix in defence and we need a consistent team to play together defensively. You won't stop Brett Morris, Semi, GI and others on their day.

* Insert rant here about how a dog can lick someones privates or someone can do something stupid in social media and the guy gets dropped. Yet many times were seeing women Bashers get far less penalties. NRL WTF.

Kev played a lot of NSW Cup at the Panthers when Cleary was there. He could be heading that way again.

@ said:
What does suli bring?

I think he has been really good. Good hard hit-ups. He also has defensive issues but hopefully he will get that right.

@ said:
@ said:
Moses lost us that game today , he made so many errors with his kicking and passing game in the 2nd half …

I'll leave it at that , but I believe the NRL might want to look at that game personally

I called it last week that if he played today that it was a recipe for disaster, if we plan on releasing him during the week, whether he "threw" the game or not. If Cleary releases him after today, it will be such a poor look and will be the first black mark on Cleary's clean sheet since taking over. He needs to be dropped to ISP before being released. Imagine if he was released this week. What a legacy that is to leave at this club. Having a shocker against a side you knew you were going to be released to only days later. How convenient. And how poor that the club allowed it to happen.

This week presents what is most probably the challenge in the history of Wests Tigers;

1\. Moses is set to confront Cleary today without his manager Isaac Moses (who by the way was in the Parramatta dressing room immediately after yesterday's match. Moses will tell Cleary that he wants a release from Wests Tigers effective immediately. How Cleary and management respond to this request is vitally important to how fans and outsiders will view this club. Do they just let him go or aggressively request a suitable player exchange from Parramatta in exchange for an immediate release of Moses. If Parramatta do not suitably comply Moses is legally tied to staying with the club until the end of 2017 and the club must strongly enforcement there entitlement. If Moses doesn't like the decision he can sulk in Wests Tigers ISP for the remainder of the season.

2\. On Wednesday Tedesco and Woods' management will meet with Wests Tigers management to discuss the players' future. The outcome of this meeting will have a huge bearing on the future of this team. I am sure that all fans hope that there is a good outcome.

@ said:
Punt him too and also Lawrence can't wait till McQueen joins who will run harder than Lawrence on one leg.

Hahahah oh prepared to be disappointed, McQueen is plenty similar to Lawrence.

Lawrence dropped one cold again today but he ran hard and straight, one of the few forwards to straighten the attack.

Seems like Cleary was playing Suli in the centre's for much of the game, so we need to find another winger im not fussed on Rankin but surely he could do better than Kev did.

Ok Kev scored a nice try but doesn't make up for the other errors, time for a stint in ISP for Kevvie, i think the writings on the wall anyway Cleary didnt rate him at Penrith and i don't think yesterday's performance would have done much to change that opinion.

Kev, Nofo, Moses, take your pick for the backs. Aloiai, Lawrence, Sue in the forwards. Simply not up to first grade. Kev and Nof were both atrocious yesterday though.

@ said:
@ said:
We let a woman-basher score a double, that is unacceptable. Probably the fact he is allowed to play in the NRL is unacceptable but to let a dud player like that cross your line twice is inexcusable.

Semi deserves a nice long suspension (Domestic violence is a very complex issue, but Semi seems to have continued without penalty) totally agreed he is inexcusable as a player*.

That being said, he is called Semi Trailer for a reason. We need our weetbix in defence and we need a consistent team to play together defensively. You won't stop Brett Morris, Semi, GI and others on their day.

* Insert rant here about how a dog can lick someones privates or someone can do something stupid in social media and the guy gets dropped. Yet many times were seeing women Bashers get far less penalties. NRL WTF.

I was actually referring to Kirisome Auvuaa or whatever his name is. But yeah Semi fits under the woman-beater banner as well….classy club is Parra, full of great humans.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Moses lost us that game today , he made so many errors with his kicking and passing game in the 2nd half …

I'll leave it at that , but I believe the NRL might want to look at that game personally

I called it last week that if he played today that it was a recipe for disaster, if we plan on releasing him during the week, whether he "threw" the game or not. If Cleary releases him after today, it will be such a poor look and will be the first black mark on Cleary's clean sheet since taking over. He needs to be dropped to ISP before being released. Imagine if he was released this week. What a legacy that is to leave at this club. Having a shocker against a side you knew you were going to be released to only days later. How convenient. And how poor that the club allowed it to happen.

This week presents what is most probably the challenge in the history of Wests Tigers;

1\. Moses is set to confront Cleary today without his manager Isaac Moses (who by the way was in the Parramatta dressing room immediately after yesterday's match. Moses will tell Cleary that he wants a release from Wests Tigers effective immediately. How Cleary and management respond to this request is vitally important to how fans and outsiders will view this club. Do they just let him go or aggressively request a suitable player exchange from Parramatta in exchange for an immediate release of Moses. If Parramatta do not suitably comply Moses is legally tied to staying with the club until the end of 2017 and the club must strongly enforcement there entitlement. If Moses doesn't like the decision he can sulk in Wests Tigers ISP for the remainder of the season.

2\. On Wednesday Tedesco and Woods' management will meet with Wests Tigers management to discuss the players' future. The outcome of this meeting will have a huge bearing on the future of this team. I am sure that all fans hope that there is a good outcome.

WT absolutely must play hardball with Parra in regards to Moses. If they want him right now WT surely will basically say "what's in it for us?" and demand one of their players in return. Then again Parra cannot just force one of their players to change clubs or that would be a breach of contract-the player would have to want to change to WT you would think. Worst case scenario make them pay us out for the remainder of this years contract for Moses: getting a couple of hundred-thousand dollars for him is much more preferable than having him on big money playing ISP Cup, that would be a massive waste of valuable cash.

Why would we let Moses go if there is nothing for us to gain. We have no other suitable no6 waiting in the wings, although nearly anyone would be a better option them him at present. I just can't believe we offered him around a Mill a year and Parra are giving him 800 odd a year. His kicking game is crap,he can't tackle and keeps going for brain dead plays.

@ said:
Why would we let Moses go if there is nothing for us to gain. We have no other suitable no6 waiting in the wings, although nearly anyone would be a better option them him at present. I just can't believe we offered him around a Mill a year and Parra are giving him 800 odd a year. His kicking game is crap,he can't tackle and keeps going for brain dead plays.

I think this is diverging away from the thread topic, but I say we request a swap for Gutherson. We can't jsut sit here and accept nothing in return for Moses departure.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

I was actually referring to Kirisome Auvuaa or whatever his name is. But yeah Semi fits under the woman-beater banner as well….classy club is Parra, full of great humans.

Amazing how he gets convicted, then contravenes the NRL drug code, Souths punt him, he waits out his term then gets signed right back into FG. He got a 9-month suspension from the NRL for a violent conviction against his girlfriend, quite amazing really. Hopoate was suspended for 12 matches (~ 3 months) for poking players in the bum through their shorts.

@ said:
@ said:
Cleary has the opportunity this week to make changes to the nrl squad without the impression from the squad that he has made them for the sake of it. Squad v cowgirls was always gunna be the same and he was forced to pick the same this week after a win to eliminate disgruntlement. After a loss however. …....

This is why 99.99% of people on this forum are over the moon we got Cleary, to bring about change. Week after week the usual inept line up that produce loss after loss has been allowed to be rolled out for the last 5 years!! If there aren't at least 3 or 4 changes to the team line up next week we may as well start looking for a new coach. somethings will never change!

Congratulations, Dingo. You win first prize for being the first to call for Cleary's sacking. Well done.

Back