New faces and spending $$$$$$

Show some respect if you still support the WT

We know he was sacked from England. We know he hasn't done anything other than send us backwards so far.

I hope he turns it around but I'll wait until we start winning some games before I jump on the positivity bandwagon.

Surely he is out there looking at potential signings. It should be his job to improve the roster.

Rolemodel players:

I really like Marty Taupau. People wrote him off this year, Guy is still kicking.
Jayson Bukuya from the sharks comes to mind. If we got John Morris as Coach, pinching Bukuya would be awesome.

Ofcourse there is Thurston who will never leave the Cowboys. Kind of like Joey Johns without the ADHD!

Stacks of good rolemodels out there. The one I wish we got:
Laurie Daily.
Guy is 100% class. It sucks that Fittler got the Blues side that Daily and Ricky built up. Sucks that we could not hire him damn you NRL>

Pinch Bakuya from where - retirement?

How about Ben Gardiner?
Tim could possibly sign him.
with all things happening I’m guessing as someone has mentioned before Morris because of the Burgess situation , might be one.
To promote someone like R Farah or Benj ( who’ll say no , hes to busy ) is to premature.
I like your suggestion.
after assisting as mentor in 2023 Sheens will move move out possibly leaving these to to duel it out.
Tim is here for signing not to coach.
As you would expect young coaches might find it harder to recruit.
Good mention

Reactions: BZN
Get Woolf, SBW and Munster to the club.
Woolf would be a lot cheaper than what we offered CC.
SBW can be a islander role model and lead to a destination club for other islanders.
Offer overs to Munster to get him, $1.5m- $1.6, easy to move on if need be.
One team one home.
No more 5 year plans to add to our pain.
Our club would be a lot stronger with money well spent. At the moment we are run like a second hand car yard, full of lemons.
Hilarious. Don’t take all your drugs at once please.

don't care. Just because you think your a supporter doesn’t bother me. Don’t have to like all fellow supporters.

No i mean Jayson Bukuya as a physical training coach. (not as a player)
The Sharks have done two things:
1. really intense physical players.
2. Players playing well past 32.

Jayson Bukuya appears to be the main person leading the gym and pushing the older guys to train harder. Chris H and Luke Lewis rated him as being the person who drove them harder at the gym.

We have a problem were our forward pack is soft. I was hoping Cayless would fix this. He hasn't, we need a really good physical training head to get our team firing.

Maybe Jayson Bukuya isn't the guy we need. WE NEED TO HARDEN UP AS A TEAM!
Steve Folkes once did it for us. Took over the Gym turned off the Air conditioning and got the guys working.

There are very few people who can do it. Jason Ryles did it for the Storm but isn't doing as well at Easts. Craig Fitzgibbon did it for Easts and would wressle anyone any time! The Broncos have all sorts of old players like Webcke, Petro, etc that would train people hard.

I am saying that Noddy, Brett Kimmorley isn't that person. As coach I expect him to structure our attack and we should see a scoring improvement. Brett isn't going to teach our forwards anything nor improve our teams physicality.

Were soft, we need to toughen up. No pinching XYZ player will do this, we need to change our coaching.
I like your post mate...In my opinion in regard to the players being soft,I honestly think that it is in the make up of a lot of the players currently in the NRL...For sure we have a lot of tough players in various clubs and they earn their pay packet,others I think dont want to get hurt and put in a half arsed effort...
Im not going to go on about my days playing,but I had a very tough coach who played for Australia by the name of Greg Hawick,a very professional task master who helped you with your game but also EXPECTED you to play a tough game because thats exactly what Rugby League is..
He made sure you were fit and healthy to take the hard knocks the game offered,he also wanted you to run hard and often to take the ball forward and not put your team on the back foot...Isnt that a lot of the argument these days that our players especially the halves get the ball on the back foot and are restricted in what they can do with it once they have it...
So yes the team needs to be coached to go forward in a hard way and keep the momentum going..As many of my forum friends have said,if the forwards lay the platform then the backs can attack the line and score points...Its interesting to see that we dont score many points and have been held scoreless in the second half...
We do need a coach who can hone the skills of each player and get them to gel as a team,that in turn makes them accountable for their game and contribution to a team effort...

Madge could motivate a group but couldn't coach players who needed a guiding hand to become better players. Almost every player got worse under him. Whoever our next coach is needs to be able to develop our youth into good NRL players.
Bingo.
That's why I did a 180 on Madge this year. Same plans, same actions that were not working. No one has developed in our side bar Luciano, from what I can see.

We should see players improving and I think we need to hire a strong Developmental coach. Madge is a great motivator and could get an Awesome Souths pack over the finals line, but they were an awesome pack.

We need a builder. I thought Madge was this, he isn't. Neither is Kimmorley IMHO>

The club needs to bring back Te Mare Martin with Reece Walsh coming back to the broncos.
Tyga,TMM.Paps,JAC,Gamble,Luci etc etc...why try and bring them back,when in reality most should have been kept from the start...

Latest posts

Members online

Back