New homeground

@strongee said in [New homeground](/post/1507367) said:
@gnr4life said in [New homeground](/post/1507365) said:
@willow said in [New homeground](/post/1507364) said:
@gnr4life said in [New homeground](/post/1507355) said:
@tigertownsfs said in [New homeground](/post/1507353) said:
@gnr4life said in [New homeground](/post/1507186) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [New homeground](/post/1507185) said:
I can understand the business case but I’m not really a fan of a move to Liverpool.

Neither am I and I live here. I’d much rather Cambo get an upgrade. Won’t happen though.

I’d take the punt that CSS will get upgraded in the next decade. It’s current state isn’t terrible and you can guarantee with both soccer and NRL lobbying for some investment it will happen at some point

Good point. If Macarthur FC take off, it makes a strong case.

It's the ground I'd be upgrading for sure - 30,000 seat stadium can fit there with both existing stands pulled down, rebuilt and encompassing stands at each end of the ground.

Got everything you need. Parking, a leagues club, train station and a massive area.

Except fans that actually support the tigers , not some other team , or better still afl .

I’m doubting you have done a census.

@gnr4life said in [New homeground](/post/1507369) said:
I can understand the business case but I’m not really a fan of a move to Liverpool.

Neither am I and I live here. I’d much rather Cambo get an upgrade. Won’t happen though.

I’d take the punt that CSS will get upgraded in the next decade. It’s current state isn’t terrible and you can guarantee with both soccer and NRL lobbying for some investment it will happen at some point

It's the ground I'd be upgrading for sure - 30,000 seat stadium can fit there with both existing stands pulled down, rebuilt and encompassing stands at each end of the ground.

Got everything you need. Parking, a leagues club, train station and a massive area.

Except fans that actually support the tigers , not some other team , or better still afl .

The census is 21 years of Wests tigers playing games there . I’m not saying it can’t happen in time , but do we have the money to deal with a permanent move there . I’m guessing we don’t .

@strongee said in [New homeground](/post/1507371) said:

The census is 21 years of Wests tigers playing games there . I’m not saying it can’t happen in time , but do we have the money to deal with a permanent move there . I’m guessing we don’t .

If you look at overall crowd averages for the last 21 years of both Ctown and LO, it’s pretty much on par. LO is slightly ahead. LO gets over romanticised though, so it’s made out to be the more popular ground between the two than it really is.

I don't think we can underestimate the importance of having a first class facility for players to play out of, and fans to watch sport from - most grounds are multipurpose, so having Rugby League and Soccer play out of there is logical. Also having a 30,000 seat stadium provides opportunity for test matches to be played, and heaven forbid we finally make the 8 and get a home final...well there's your home ground.

Something about Liverpool doesn't feel right to me whereas investing in Campbelltown which is on the doorstep of Group 6 and a very large local league nursery makes more sense.

@willow said in [New homeground](/post/1507375) said:

I don't think we can underestimate the importance of having a first class facility for players to play out of, and fans to watch sport from - most grounds are multipurpose, so having Rugby League and Soccer play out of there is logical. Also having a 30,000 seat stadium provides opportunity for test matches to be played, and heaven forbid we finally make the 8 and get a home final...well there's your home ground.

Something about Liverpool doesn't feel right to me whereas investing in Campbelltown which is on the doorstep of Group 6 and a very large local league nursery makes more sense.

Totally agree. Liverpool is not Wests Tigers and never will be nor would Badgerys Creek. Campbelltown on the other hand makes perfect sense. A modern stadium with great facilities for corporates and fans would work. I will never go to Liverpool to watch the Wests Tigers but I’ll certainly travel to Campbelltown. So easy to get in and out of.

The stadium needs to be at least 30K in size (45K ideal). Anything less than 30K and we are limiting future opportunities.

@mike said in [New homeground](/post/1507385) said:
@willow said in [New homeground](/post/1507375) said:

Totally agree. Liverpool is not Wests Tigers and never will be nor would Badgerys Creek. Campbelltown on the other hand makes perfect sense. A modern stadium with great facilities for corporates and fans would work. I will never go to Liverpool to watch the Wests Tigers but I’ll certainly travel to Campbelltown. So easy to get in and out of.

The stadium needs to be at least 30K in size (45K ideal). Anything less than 30K and we are limiting future opportunities.

They’re not going to build at campbo though . It’s a pipe dream , Camden valley way , at least had legs , considering it’s still our catchment , MacArthur fc headquarters is at Gregory hills , and the dogs would consider it . Plus the whole “nrl wants to own an asset” thing , can’t be underestimated .

Badgerys creek seems like the end of the earth though .

@gnr4life said in [New homeground](/post/1507373) said:

If you look at overall crowd averages for the last 21 years of both Ctown and LO, it’s pretty much on par. LO is slightly ahead. LO gets over romanticised though, so it’s made out to be the more popular ground between the two than it really is.

Yea maybe . Campbo might get 12k but it’s a silent 12k . To be perfectly honest , Cambo is infinitely more easier for me to get to games . So selfishly campbo is a no brainer , yet I’ve taken my son to 5 games there and each and every game there he’s asked to leave early . I’ve taken him to 1 LO game and he liked it .
This isn’t to say let’s play at LO , but rather I don’t think cambo is the answer . Nor is LO either .

This whole argument is a mute point .. the only reason Penrith and Kogarah are getting something is it’s pork barrelling .. why Kogarah is getting anything considering the grandstands in Wollongong are nearing collapse due to serve rusting is a joke !
The Government have an issue with ANZ it is now a white elephant and the original money should of been spent to rejuvenate it moving into the future .. There are major monetary issues so do not get to excited about Reno’s to Campbelltown or a new stadium at Liverpool as this will not be happening if there is a change of Government the ALP certainly will not be building stadiums !
They missed the boat for the refurbishment of ANZ it’s just a white colossus that will rust away with nobody using it a shame really but that’s short sighted politicians!

@tony-soprano said in [New homeground](/post/1507125) said:
@jadtiger said in [New homeground](/post/1507121) said:
@jrtiger said in [New homeground](/post/1507022) said:
irrespective of whether or not this comes to fruition, it's good that WT finally have a preference on what they want to do. 10 at Cambo and 2 at Leichhardt works for everyone. get out of Parramatta finally and commit wholly and solely to our pathway areas.

That may work for you but it certainly does not work for me.

Yeah I don't why you'd cut Leichardt oval so short.

Because it's a rip off?
$60 to sit parallel to the dead ball line lol what a joke

Latest posts

Members online

Back