New homeground

Any new stadium that gets built will be in the South West. That’s where the growth is.

I've been going to LO on and off since the 60's. Great ground to watch a game but an absolute parking nightmare. A Campbelltown upgrade is probably our best bet if we don't go along with the (bad) idea of sharing a home venue with the Dogs. The big leagues club alongside the CT ground is also handy for meals, drinks and game day functions as well.

@gnr4life said in [New homeground](/post/1507168) said:
Any new stadium that gets built will be in the South West. That’s where the growth is.

Do you really think that a stadium will be built in these mortgage belt growth areas with the Financal Armageddon that is coming .. think NOT ! there are three great stadiums in the Weststigers catchment areas the club needs to grow up and accept this fact !

@snake said in [New homeground](/post/1507176) said:
@gnr4life said in [New homeground](/post/1507168) said:

Do you really think that a stadium will be built in these mortgage belt growth areas with the Financal Armageddon that is coming .. think NOT ! there are three great stadiums in the Weststigers catchment areas the club needs to grow up and accept this fact !

I didn’t say a stadium would get built for us, just one will be built.

@snake said in [New homeground](/post/1507165) said:
@sully said in [New homeground](/post/1507161) said:
@tiger5150 said in [New homeground](/post/1507144) said:
Im an old Balmain boy and not a massive fan of CSS but to me the CSS upgrade does make sense. Would love to see 8 @ CSS & 4 @ LO.

Agreed

I too was a Balmain fan and love the atmosphere of a packed Leichhardt, however the fact they are not going to spend money to improve it, suggests to me that our future is at a larger ground that has all the amenities to cater for different sports and also events.

They have the land out at CSS to build a larger stadium and it is on a rail line that could make it easy to get to and from and just off the M5 motorway.

Heritage round and two other games at Leichhardt to preserve history and the rest for CSS would be my choice against going to Parra or the new SFS as they are never going to be our own home ground.

If your going to build a new stadium you build it at Lidcombe !
What is it when the tax payers of NSW have built these stadiums are not good enough for the precious Weststigers supporters .. Your Tax dollars guys blood use them !

What is the rate of population growth in Lidcombe these days?

@snake said in [New homeground](/post/1507163) said:
@elderslie_tiger said in [New homeground](/post/1507143) said:
The options open to West Tigers in regard to homegrounds.
1 SFS New stadium but to far out of area
2 LO no money being spent to upgrade
3 CSS needs to be upgraded can be shared with
A league close to Leagues Club Transport
and Majof Road System
4 New Liverpool Stadium area being revamped
close to Transport and Major Road System
population is fast growing can be shared
with Bulldogs which as I can see is not
a problem and would be roughly half way
between Campbelltown and Leichhardt.
What ever happens it's not going to please everyone but it a business decision that has to be made for the betterment if West Tigers

Lamb / Mortimer grandstands yep no problem with that the Weststigers the second rate tenants !

They will change depending on whose the Home team same as Commbank

@avocadoontoast said in [New homeground](/post/1507185) said:
I can understand the business case but I’m not really a fan of a move to Liverpool.

Neither am I and I live here. I’d much rather Cambo get an upgrade. Won’t happen though.

@gnr4life said in [New homeground](/post/1507186) said:
I can understand the business case but I’m not really a fan of a move to Liverpool.

Neither am I and I live here. I’d much rather Cambo get an upgrade. Won’t happen though.

Yeah I just don’t identify WT with Liverpool. The area might have population growth but that’s not really a reason to move. You can still create pathways there.
Manly or Easts wouldn’t move there because that’s not who they are or where they come from. We seem to be trying to manufacture a new home.

@curaeus said in [New homeground](/post/1507174) said:
Great ground to watch a game but an absolute parking nightmare.

Truthfully which ground has easy parking? I park at LO about 15 mins walk from the ground, it's fine, we've always done the short walk ever since I was a kid.

@jirskyr said in [New homeground](/post/1507188) said:

Truthfully which ground has easy parking? I park at LO about 15 mins walk from the ground, it's fine, we've always done the short walk ever since I was a kid.

The only time I have trouble parking at Leichhardt is if Orange Grove doesnt open up (last years Pamfers game).

@tiger5150 said in [New homeground](/post/1507181) said:
@snake said in [New homeground](/post/1507165) said:
@sully said in [New homeground](/post/1507161) said:
@tiger5150 said in [New homeground](/post/1507144) said:
Im an old Balmain boy and not a massive fan of CSS but to me the CSS upgrade does make sense. Would love to see 8 @ CSS & 4 @ LO.

Agreed

I too was a Balmain fan and love the atmosphere of a packed Leichhardt, however the fact they are not going to spend money to improve it, suggests to me that our future is at a larger ground that has all the amenities to cater for different sports and also events.

They have the land out at CSS to build a larger stadium and it is on a rail line that could make it easy to get to and from and just off the M5 motorway.

Heritage round and two other games at Leichhardt to preserve history and the rest for CSS would be my choice against going to Parra or the new SFS as they are never going to be our own home ground.

If your going to build a new stadium you build it at Lidcombe !
What is it when the tax payers of NSW have built these stadiums are not good enough for the precious Weststigers supporters .. Your Tax dollars guys blood use them !

What is the rate of population growth in Lidcombe these days?

After reading for years about this situation the one consensus is that it has to be in the Weststigers area .. well Lidcombe meets that .. growth is a fallacy ask the Magpies they thought that 40 yrs ago !

@tiger5150 said in [New homeground](/post/1507190) said:

The only time I have trouble parking at Leichhardt is if Orange Grove doesnt open up (last years Pamfers game).

Parking ? Public transport is the key to these stadiums and all three have this ! The positives far out weigh the negatives .

@snake said in [New homeground](/post/1507200) said:

Parking ? Public transport is the key to these stadiums and all three have this ! The positives far out weigh the negatives .

Yes I find the public transport at LO quite fine - or at least I did until they took the light rail offline.

@jirskyr said in [New homeground](/post/1507202) said:
@snake said in [New homeground](/post/1507200) said:

Yes I find the public transport at LO quite fine - or at least I did until they took the light rail offline.

Ouch ! that cracking sucks ..

I’d take the punt that CSS will get upgraded in the next decade. It’s current state isn’t terrible and you can guarantee with both soccer and NRL lobbying for some investment it will happen at some point

@tigertownsfs said in [New homeground](/post/1507353) said:

I’d take the punt that CSS will get upgraded in the next decade. It’s current state isn’t terrible and you can guarantee with both soccer and NRL lobbying for some investment it will happen at some point

Good point. If Macarthur FC take off, it makes a strong case.

@gnr4life said in [New homeground](/post/1507355) said:

It's the ground I'd be upgrading for sure - 30,000 seat stadium can fit there with both existing stands pulled down, rebuilt and encompassing stands at each end of the ground.

@willow said in [New homeground](/post/1507364) said:

It's the ground I'd be upgrading for sure - 30,000 seat stadium can fit there with both existing stands pulled down, rebuilt and encompassing stands at each end of the ground.

Got everything you need. Parking, a leagues club, train station and a massive area.

@gnr4life said in [New homeground](/post/1507365) said:
@willow said in [New homeground](/post/1507364) said:

Got everything you need. Parking, a leagues club, train station and a massive area.

Except fans that actually support the tigers , not some other team , or better still afl .

Back