NFL Season 2021

@watersider said in [NFL Season 2021](/post/1525740) said:
@cochise said in [NFL Season 2021](/post/1525735) said:
@watersider said in [NFL Season 2021](/post/1525729) said:
@cochise said in [NFL Season 2021](/post/1525728) said:
@watersider said in [NFL Season 2021](/post/1525727) said:
@tigercrb said in [NFL Season 2021](/post/1525551) said:
@watersider said in [NFL Season 2021](/post/1525395) said:
Day off as well. 25 years of watching other teams do this.

For the record: I wanted Taylor sacked big time. I wanted Lou sacked even more. I wanted Sewell over chase.

Everything that Mike Brown has done in the past which has made the Bengals perpetually awful worked to get this team to a superbowl: hire an inexperienced coach, support an underperforming coach for too long and draft flashy wide receivers rather than value offensive line. Every one of those moves was gold.

Burrow and money Mac have been clutch, but defense has been the reason we won. At the start of the season there's no way I would have believed Eli apple would be making a big time goalline tackle to change the game in the AFC championship

I wanted Zac gone this year but Mikey is loyal. If Marv got 10 years for making playoffs occasionally, Zac will get 20 if we will the SB. I thought we would implode with the Dalton, AJ, Carlos and Geno clean out but the players obviously love him.

Lou also has his D playing really well. Again, I wanted him gone but he just needed time to get HIS roster. All signings have worked out well.

I wanted Chase do was happy with the pick. Not Carmen though.

Imagine Burrow behind even and average OL?
And Mac was a homerun 5th rounder.

Marvin Lewis was huge in changing the culture of the club. He got them to the playoffs and looking good in his second or third year. He made five playoffs in a row between 2011-2015. I can understand him being given a chance despite the lack of playoff success but Brown obviously held on too long.

To me, unlike Marv, Zac showed nothing, looked like the team was going backwards. But their recruitment has been nothing short of spectacular and I was just completely wrong about Zac. Just shows how vital and effective patience can be sometimes. For once (and maybe only once), Brown got it right.

He is still a pretty poor play caller.

I think so too, and yet they came back from 21-3 IN Kansas City, always seem to drive for points when needed, has managed to keep all the attacking weapons engaged and putting up big numbers and has a 2nd year QB playing like Brady. I feel like he's way too conservative, but I'm past judging it now because his play calling got us to the super bowl. And not just fluke or good fortune, we ran through the best teams in the AFC on their territory with this offensive line. Maybe it's just how good Burrow is, but I'm done doubting Taylor.

Yeah, if I'm honest I don't care as we are in the Superbowl, but his 1st half calling has been pretty poor all season. I do have to have to say that the half time adjustments this team makes are better than any team I have seen in any sport.

That's true. I go into halftime excited about how they're going to play in the second half. And you're right, I've never seen a team able to adjust so well. We often go from playing miserably to absolutely dominating. Makes me wonder why they can't just figure it out and dominate right away. Only game where they didn't seem able to adjust was against a bad Jets team who had most of their star players out. But remember how it was the exact opposite with Marvin and half time was always when we'd start to crumble?

Marv at some point actually came out and said halftime adjustments weren't really a thing.

@cochise said in [NFL Season 2021](/post/1525728) said:
@watersider said in [NFL Season 2021](/post/1525727) said:
@tigercrb said in [NFL Season 2021](/post/1525551) said:
@watersider said in [NFL Season 2021](/post/1525395) said:
Day off as well. 25 years of watching other teams do this.

For the record: I wanted Taylor sacked big time. I wanted Lou sacked even more. I wanted Sewell over chase.

Everything that Mike Brown has done in the past which has made the Bengals perpetually awful worked to get this team to a superbowl: hire an inexperienced coach, support an underperforming coach for too long and draft flashy wide receivers rather than value offensive line. Every one of those moves was gold.

Burrow and money Mac have been clutch, but defense has been the reason we won. At the start of the season there's no way I would have believed Eli apple would be making a big time goalline tackle to change the game in the AFC championship

I wanted Zac gone this year but Mikey is loyal. If Marv got 10 years for making playoffs occasionally, Zac will get 20 if we will the SB. I thought we would implode with the Dalton, AJ, Carlos and Geno clean out but the players obviously love him.

Lou also has his D playing really well. Again, I wanted him gone but he just needed time to get HIS roster. All signings have worked out well.

I wanted Chase do was happy with the pick. Not Carmen though.

Imagine Burrow behind even and average OL?
And Mac was a homerun 5th rounder.

Marvin Lewis was huge in changing the culture of the club. He got them to the playoffs and looking good in his second or third year. He made five playoffs in a row between 2011-2015. I can understand him being given a chance despite the lack of playoff success but Brown obviously held on too long.

To me, unlike Marv, Zac showed nothing, looked like the team was going backwards. But their recruitment has been nothing short of spectacular and I was just completely wrong about Zac. Just shows how vital and effective patience can be sometimes. For once (and maybe only once), Brown got it right.

He is still a pretty poor play caller.

My biggest concern with Taylor is that he likes to protect a lead when we get it, not a good policy imo as it is far too conservative.He should let his offence play their natural game

![Screenshot_20220202-101839_Instagram.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1643757549583-screenshot_20220202-101839_instagram.jpg)

Big man tings.
🔥

Just watched 30 for 30 The Tuck Rule on Kayo. Another good piece of NFL content. Tom Brady and Charles Woodson discussing a controversial 50/50 call that may have been a sliding doors moment for the GOAT.

My top two teams bengals and fams home town of LA! Love Taylor rapp too! Gonna. Be good game

Today's the day lads.

Happy valentines day.

I'll be watching.
Subjectively.

No invested interest in either team but same as every year, want an exciting game..

Lesgooooo!

Huge game.

I’m thinking Rams will get up but love an underdog story…

Go bengals

Last edited:
Half time show was good.

All of them bar Kendrick are 50+ years old.

50 and Em were great.
🔥🔥🔥

Dayum bengals

Nerve racking game

Congrats on the season...burrow and chase r goated

Now can jags hope for more than 3 wins next year, time will tell...pederson will hopefully make trevor immortal

Back