Nick Cotric - Thread

@newtown said in [Nick Cotric \- Thread](/post/1515906) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Nick Cotric \- Thread](/post/1515905) said:
If he wants to stay in Sydney why wouldn't he stay where he is.

He would rather play for the Canberra who initially sacked him.

did they sack him or did the dogs just offer him a truckload of money??

Cotric off to Canberra. Bailey Simonsson immediate release to Parra + Hodgson for 2023.

@lupo said in [Nick Cotric \- Thread](/post/1515917) said:
Cotric off to Canberra. Bailey Simonsson immediate release to Parra + Hodgson for 2023.

oh well that's the end of that....can't say I'm gutted we missed out on something

@jedi_tiger said in [Nick Cotric \- Thread](/post/1515950) said:
it is not that big a deal like when we missed JAC and Latrell

Agree... Just hope there is a back up plan as we still need spots filled for 2022

Easy to say now I suppose , but I was meh about the potential Cotric signing,he’s never been a game breaker , we need to find one of those

I see we didnt get Cotric...no big deal...I see Kev Nagurma is going to the Roorters next year as well,back from ESL..

immediate move reportedly imminent,nxt 48hrs,no prizes 4 guessing where

@hsvjones said in [Nick Cotric \- Thread](/post/1515952) said:
@jedi_tiger said in [Nick Cotric \- Thread](/post/1515950) said:
it is not that big a deal like when we missed JAC and Latrell

Agree... Just hope there is a back up plan as we still need spots filled for 2022

how many years we bn doing the back up plan 4 now,lets get real,if when the youngen's its 2025/4,then lets stay there as a top5

Dodged a bullet there... In the top 10 wingers in the game but a horrible centre. He may get better at that position as he matures though.

@rustycage said in [Nick Cotric \- Thread](/post/1516581) said:
I wonder who the next "done deal" will be.

Plenty of people looking like gooses now.

@rustycage said in [Nick Cotric \- Thread](/post/1516581) said:
I wonder who the next "done deal" will be.

Or the next to snapped at a signing party on Insta

God, some people are so negative. We thought it was done and it wasn”t. So be it. If you want to cry, I have a tissue supply.

Thought it might of been done but things change. Kind of over these public negotiations. Players managers leak stuff which is fair enough for their players but it does no good for the supporters. NRL needs a window to sought this out. Two weeks during origin and 4 weeks straight after grand final.

@seant said in [Nick Cotric \- Thread](/post/1516604) said:
Thought it might of been done but things change. Kind of over these public negotiations. Players managers leak stuff which is fair enough for their players but it does no good for the supporters. NRL needs a window to sought this out. Two weeks during origin and 4 weeks straight after grand final.

Good attitude to have mate. If it happens it happens, if not so be it. The rumours is what makes threads like this interesting

At least the media didn't seem to smash us like normal when we miss out on a negotiation.

@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [Nick Cotric \- Thread](/post/1516595) said:
God, some people are so negative. We thought it was done and it wasn”t. So be it. If you want to cry, I have a tissue supply.

It's not about being negative, it's about what people claim and what actually happens. A comment of "it's done" is decisive, conclusive, definite, final. In this particular instance there were a number of people claiming it was "done".

But this happened with Latrell as well, when people who knew he was close to signing decided to risk calling it in public (for the love of the scoop), only for Latrell to decide otherwise.

Personally I'm curious to understand how some people thought Cotric had signed for Tigers. If it was inside information gone wrong, then fine, that happens. Usually people say "I've been told he's agreed" or something. But if it was only social media guesswork, then that's not good enough to be claiming such decisive outcomes. It's Curtis Rona all over again.

Back