Nostalgia

My pride and joy was a Fire engine red, GTR Torana. I stripped the gearbox one night being a lair in Summer Hill, hitting a silent cop as I changed down a gear. Cost me an absolute arm and a leg and off the road for some time.
Was never the same again.
The dumb things we’ve done eh !
I would have loved to have bought a GTR Torana 2nd hand as I couldn't afford a new one back then.
Around the same time, I was looking at the newer hatchback Torana as you could attach a canopy/tent type thing to the open hatch.
Re your red-hot GTR... we do these things when where young and then hopefully learn from our mistake.
I was never a lair even though I owned a V8 HT Monaro for a while.
I had pulled up at a set of lights in P'matta one day and the bloke beside me must have wanted to give me a drag from the lights, and he's revving the motor ready to make a fast getaway. The lights turn green, and he didn't move. I had heard a loud noise coming from his car, and he was still sitting there when I was a fair way down the road.
A friend of mine at the same time had a 2 door V8 Ford Falcon, and his car crapped all over mine.

Gosh mate, you’ve had a lot of crap thrown at you, but you’re still here, still hangin in there doing your best under often trying circumstance. Keep going!
When I was 19 and going to night school, got a truck licence and found a desperate business willing to give me a job.
By day I drove a 10 tonne tabletop from Mascot to Homebush. In 9 months I lost 2 mirrors but had many bumps. As you know it’s a constant juggling act especially if you happen to be in the middle lane 😂
I was constantly rearranging my drivers side mirror.
By night I was into the books.
The owners asked me to start work at 5am so I could make 2 trips 🥲 I was often working 12hr days and not eating well. I chalked it up as part of my education. 😂 especially after losing half my load on the old goat track 😂
I lost a lot during the GFC too. Did not see it coming.
Anyway, you deserve a break mate.
Thanks for those Very Kind words of encouragement 20/40.
You've had a pretty hard road, you get knocked down, then You've been strong enough to get back up again. I'm pretty sure it'll take something bigger than a bulldozer to knock You over again.
Take care, and keep on keeping on 👍

Last edited:
They were supposed to play at my high school but no one bought any tickets so it got canceled.
A few years later they are the wiggles and me and a few mates had a good old laugh saying look at these losers couldn’t hold a school concert and now they’re a kids group. Looosers, capital L.
Funny how things turn out hey.

I would have loved to have bought a GTR Torana 2nd hand as I couldn't afford a new one back then.
Around the same time, I was looking at the newer hatchback Torana as you could attach a canopy/tent type thing to the open hatch.
Re your red-hot GTR... we do these things when where young and then hopefully learn from our mistake.
I was never a lair even though I owned a V8 HT Monaro for a while.
I had pulled up at a set of lights in P'matta one day and the bloke beside me must have wanted to give me a drag from the lights, and he's revving the motor ready to make a fast getaway. The lights turn green, and he didn't move. I had heard a loud noise coming from his car, and he was still sitting there when I was a fair way down the road.
A friend of mine at the same time had a 2 door V8 Ford Falcon, and his car crapped all over mine.
Mate, mine WAS a new one. Id had an argument with my girlfriend and took off down the road with bad results.
i wasnt normally a lair either, but i still remember the feeling of having it towed back to the dealer on Sat night.
it taught me a lot about driving, and women.

Latest posts

Members online

Back