Nostalgia

He certainly was,when he broke at the start nobody gave him a chance despite him being odds on favourite but he still gave great horses a beating.The only other horse that i can remember who the punters loved the same was Kingston Town
I always loved the guts of Roma Hanover too.

The old Harold Park Paceway, Glebe - loved the atmosphere of the crowd when the back marker made their move!

View attachment 9949

View attachment 9950
Used to work there Friday nights when I was going to uni. Met some weird and wonderful characters and witnessed a very well-known underworld figure pull a gun on Kevin Newman who was the leading driver / trainer at the time.

Used to work there Friday nights when I was going to uni. Met some weird and wonderful characters and witnessed a very well-known underworld figure pull a gun on Kevin Newman who was the leading driver / trainer at the time.
Of course PVL was the boss of Harness Racing for some years before he went on to Racing and then footy.

You have obviously forgotten this can of pee.

View attachment 9966
I remember when there was a beer strike in Sydney and they bought truckloads of this from Melbourne.
I was drinking in the bar at the old Texas Tavern in the Cross one night when they served me a can of this, I promptly pushed it back over the bar and it went all over the barman.
Next thing I knew I was outside getting a few snacks in the head from the bouncers.
But it did taste like cats urine !

Tom Cruise, 19, Timothy Hutton, 21, and Sean Penn, 21, during the making of 1981's "Taps,"
1706621689997.jpeg

Back