Nostalgia

St Gregory's College, Campbelltown - pic from its College Magazine cover 60 years ago
1707218392916.jpeg

The Potato Scollop currency rate.
What are they worth these days I haven’t looked in ages I just buy em and em. I bet they are $2+ each nowadays.
I think they're about a buck each at Kingsgrove Sea foods. Used to drop the missus at work on Sunday arvo, grab 4 scallops and a few prawn cutlets on the way home to watch the footy... Before Dr No-fun said don't do this and don't do that

I think they're about a buck each at Kingsgrove Sea foods. Used to drop the missus at work on Sunday arvo, grab 4 scallops and a few prawn cutlets on the way home to watch the footy... Before Dr No-fun said don't do this and don't do that
Mmmm prawn cutlets.

Some footy talent here:

View attachment 10072
Lowes used to give them shirts with their names on them as part of the ad deals.
You can see Sam and Cliffy are pretty happy about it coz they’ll now be able to sign their name properly on the next contract. The Zip Zip man is still mesmerised by a camera and doesn’t know to smile in a photo yet.

I remember my Dad doing this.:
View attachment 10104
I'm restoring an FC ute at the moment - as a commercial it didn't come with indicators, radio, heater or chrome aroudn the lights. I am tossing up between keeping the original "no indicators" or upgrading. The one in the photo is an FE (56) so didn't have indicators either. A modern convenience then.

A bit of trivia for you - only the FE/FC Specials came out with door locks on the drivers door. The standards and commercials only had them on the passenger side. This was to allow those that purchased specials to enter the vehicle from the driver's side when the car was parked in a driveway. At that time it was illegal to enter a vehicle from the driver's side when parked on the street because it was a safety issue with passing traffic.

I'm keeping the driver's side door original along with the bench seat and 3 on the tree for nostalgia purposes but am warming the old grey up a bit with triple su carbies and a bit of head/bottom end work. No need to rush getting anywhere in an FC nowadays!

Members online

Back