Nostalgia

Also known as the 5 ways. Remember it well, they along with shops at Eastwood, top Ryde, west Ryde and meadowbank have all contributed to the wealth of pharmaceutical companies that most now of us now subscribe to.
Tricky intersection the first time driving thru there

Nice area around there my son played a few years at Nth Ryde Hawks, good people good club

I get you mate!!

The one in the old Waltons Arcade in West Ryde was our local within an easy walk and was great - but Five Ways was always worth the short drive.

Then there was the Geroulas' on the corner of Viccy Road opposite Toyota down from the vet...

The good old days mate!

Hope you stay healthy champ!

#WRB
thanks mate! Yeah the bakery at the station end of the arcade had the best finger buns, vanilla slices and choc eclares. Pies weren’t bad neither.

Belated Happy birthday to Australian actress, Judith Davis, who was born on April 23rd, 1955
1714396606500.jpeg

Remember the later series when the new hero Shinnosuke replaced Shintaro.

I couldn't work out at the time that it was a new character and wondered why they were now calling him Shinnosuke instead of Shintaro and I seem to recall that the voice dubbing was pretty crook. :ROFLMAO:

Remember the later series when the new hero Shinnosuke replaced Shintaro.

I couldn't work out at the time that it was a new character and wondered why they were now calling him Shinnosuke instead of Shintaro and I seem to recall that the voice dubbing was pretty crook. :ROFLMAO:
Can’t say I remember Shinnosuke H but hell, it’s a long time ago.
But won’t forget Shintaro, ever !
Lol🤣

thanks mate! Yeah the bakery at the station end of the arcade had the best finger buns, vanilla slices and choc eclares. Pies weren’t bad neither.
Spot on!

My favourite memories of that bakery was that they would start baking at 330-4am - so when we would get off the old Nightride bus you could knock at the glass door and they would let you in & sell the piping hot pies, sausage rolls and bread straight from the oven...

Spot on!

My favourite memories of that bakery was that they would start baking at 330-4am - so when we would get off the old Nightride bus you could knock at the glass door and they would let you in & sell the piping hot pies, sausage rolls and bread straight from the oven...

Tricky intersection the first time driving thru there

Nice area around there my son played a few years at Nth Ryde Hawks, good people good club
Yep there was a few bakeries around that would let’s us buy pies. Wasn’t any kebab shops back then.

Latest posts

Back