NRL 360

Article on fox. Apparently the players said we don't like your coaching style cos were scared we will get dropped.
It came across as more of an assumption than a direct quote from a player.

That’s a reflection of the modem day commentators. Listening to cricket commentary is especially annoying. It’s one big circle jerk about how good each other were in their day and making it all about themselves. Never used to be like that with Richie and co.
Have you ever noticed how cricket commentators will see someones warming up to bowl and they say “I reckon such a bowler should come on from the river end to put more pressure on the batsman" and then you see the bowling change which makes the commentator sound smart, or they see a fielding change and say “the slips are not staggered enough" and they move, pure geniuses 🤔
Twelve Man was so much more informative, like “the seagull has now moved to the southern end of the scoreboard"

As Kerry Packer said - the broadcasting genius - "Less is more. Sometimes you just need to shut up and let the picture do the talking."

With Braithwaite running the show I actually look forward to hearing from buzz.

But in a way it's good because the show has no credibility.

Ever met him?
You might change your mind.
My mate and I were hanging around the one night a Balmain leagues club playing pool. It was a quiet night and we spotted Benny Elias. Said Hi or so politely and he straight up asked our name what we do etc, invited us to sit with him and the people he was and listen to some old yarns.
He is a great character and a really genuinely nice bloke.

Kent was good talking about us. He usually seems pretty reasonable.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...5/news-story/99f3652a9881dbdd94d61f80a63cfa4b

I know Buzz is a dribbler but the mess that is Sheens' ill defined role seems to be another mess created by the board and chairman who don't seem to know what they're doing. I usually wouldn't value anything Buzz says, but the sequence whereby Sheens shifted from backroom man to head of football all played out in the media at the same time as they flip flopped on Maguire.

If Madge gets sacked then the person or board who appointed him also need to go because not even Madge's biggest critics would look at our situation and say getting rid of Madge will mean the problems go away.

Latest posts

Members online

Back