NRL admits bunker mistake

The comments above to me are completely unacceptable. It's professional footy. You can't just have a weeks holiday and all is good.

He did not say the call was wrong. He said they judged the call to be incorrect. Implying that nothing is black and white and they saw it one way and Klein saw it another. It was just a way of trying to soften the obvious and basically not accept any liability.

No one seriously expected the NRL would change the result, but they would earn a whole lot more respect if they put their hand up from the start of the press conference admitted it was the howler of all howlers and apologies given to the Club. Annesley just dug a massive hole for himself

And that will be the end of that , UNLESS. Tigers grow a set and have a big crack at them , we were ripped off

How ? What can the club honestly do ? We as fans could go and riot. We as fans could quit watching footy. The club could state they won't play this season.

There is really no option to do anything at all about this.

If you have an option let me know but don't make this about the Tigers not having a set.

Yes we were ripped off but these types of comments where we are attacking Tigers management are completely absurd.

a lot of my non tiger supporter colleagues were gobsmacked by the bunker decision yesterday.
The nrl cant sit on their hands this time or their credibility will be extremely damaged
Any fair minded person could see the injustice done to wests tigers yesterday.
The 2022 advertising campaign for the nrl is unreal.
it sure was unreal for the tigers yesterday
if the can deduct season points from canterbury and melbourne for salary cap breaches just like that, surely yesterdays result can be reversed. .
that would be fair and just.

I think that's a pretty good explanation:

1. First whistle is always to stop play as the ref was told the time has elapsed, then usually the second whistle will indicate game over.
2. The captain's challenge was done after the first whistle and the second whistle was never blown so it is considered a 'stoppage' but game isn't over until the ref blows the second whistle.

As for the call itself, when I saw it in normal speed, I thought it was a 50/50. The more replays suggested it may have been a 40-60. Definitely not enough to overturn the decision.

No issues with the process IMO, definitely a bit of gamesmanship and smartness by Townsend/Feldt.

He did not say the call was wrong. He said they judged the call to be incorrect. Implying that nothing is black and white and they saw it one way and Klein saw it another. It was just a way of trying to soften the obvious and basically not accept any liability.

No one seriously expected the NRL would change the result, but they would earn a whole lot more respect if they put their hand up from the start of the press conference admitted it was the howler of all howlers and apologies given to the Club. Annesley just dug a massive hole for himself
Do they need help filling it in? Asking for a friend.

I think that's a pretty good explanation:

1. First whistle is always to stop play as the ref was told the time has elapsed, then usually the second whistle will indicate game over.
2. The captain's challenge was done after the first whistle and the second whistle was never blown so it is considered a 'stoppage' but game isn't over until the ref blows the second whistle.

As for the call itself, when I saw it in normal speed, I thought it was a 50/50. The more replays suggested it may have been a 40-60. Definitely not enough to overturn the decision.

No issues with the process IMO, definitely a bit of gamesmanship and smartness by Townsend/Feldt.
Graham is thst you?

Annesley's explanation is completely inadequate. He is now saying it is okay to challenge calls that aren't made? There was no call, what is the captain challenging? Just seeking clarification, "Challenges will not be permitted where the referee allows play to proceed". So how are they able to challenge? Play was allowed to proceed and then the game ended, right?

Annesley's explanation is completely inadequate. He is now saying it is okay to challenge calls that aren't made? There was no call, what is the captain challenging? Just seeking clarification, "Challenges will not be permitted where the referee allows play to proceed". So how are they able to challenge? Play was allowed to proceed and then the game ended, right?
You can challenge when there is a stoppage. The ref stops the play with first whistle, then ends the game with the second. The second whistle wasn't blown.

Reactions: BZN

Staff online

Back