Not open for further replies.
@balmain-boy said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1507400) said:
@tiger5150 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1507245) said:
@balmain-boy said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1507242) said:
@tiger5150 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1507164) said:
@balmain-boy said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1507162) said:
@tiger5150 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1507151) said:
@elderslie_tiger said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1507140) said:
It's disappointing that the NRL have not come out with a firm policy in regard to vaccinations for the sake of 15 or so players.All future contracts should be drawn up with a vaccinations clause as a condition of registration with the NRL

THey have......their policy is that these 15 players can be accomodated.

But they can't. It's completely out of the NRLs' control. Governments make the rules and the nrl and it's players simply have to abide by them or sit at home playing playstation

Of course they can, and I think its because there are so few of them. They can set up rules like an extra roster spot, they could do anything. Doesnt mean its a good result, but it could be done.

The won't be able to change the rules to suit a small bunch of morons. All the clubs that are doing the right thing will chuck a fit if trouble makers get leave and even extra entitlements!!

Change what rules? Clubs doing the "right thing"? What is the right thing? If a club has a player who decides not to get vaccinated, its up to the Club to decide what to do with him. They could play him just in NSW, they could play him in states without restrictions, he could train with the team.

Why should the NRL set a rule for 15 players? Let the clubs work it out.

You literally had just said the nrl could create new rules like a new roster spot etc

OK...to clarify what I meant. The NRL can set its own rules to accomodate the 15 players within the parameters set down by external rules (state legislation etc).

Its not ideal but they can make something work. I think it should be a club based decision and not NRL.

15 unvaccinated players is now down to 14 unvaccinated. Dylan Walker has got the vaccination.

@tiger5150 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1507541) said:
@balmain-boy said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1507400) said:
@tiger5150 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1507245) said:
@balmain-boy said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1507242) said:
@tiger5150 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1507164) said:
@balmain-boy said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1507162) said:
@tiger5150 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1507151) said:
@elderslie_tiger said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1507140) said:
It's disappointing that the NRL have not come out with a firm policy in regard to vaccinations for the sake of 15 or so players.All future contracts should be drawn up with a vaccinations clause as a condition of registration with the NRL

THey have......their policy is that these 15 players can be accomodated.

But they can't. It's completely out of the NRLs' control. Governments make the rules and the nrl and it's players simply have to abide by them or sit at home playing playstation

Of course they can, and I think its because there are so few of them. They can set up rules like an extra roster spot, they could do anything. Doesnt mean its a good result, but it could be done.

The won't be able to change the rules to suit a small bunch of morons. All the clubs that are doing the right thing will chuck a fit if trouble makers get leave and even extra entitlements!!

Change what rules? Clubs doing the "right thing"? What is the right thing? If a club has a player who decides not to get vaccinated, its up to the Club to decide what to do with him. They could play him just in NSW, they could play him in states without restrictions, he could train with the team.

Why should the NRL set a rule for 15 players? Let the clubs work it out.

You literally had just said the nrl could create new rules like a new roster spot etc

OK...to clarify what I meant. The NRL can set its own rules to accomodate the 15 players within the parameters set down by external rules (state legislation etc).

Its not ideal but they can make something work. I think it should be a club based decision and not NRL.

As the governing body it should be NRL policy, not the clubs. Shows how weak the NRL actually is leaving it up to the clubs.

If its government mandated to enter a state etc that’s what it is. Nrl is being smart not mandating it the public health orders are doing it for them. The clubs are left to clean it up or deal with it. Clubs can mandate it as part of employment or proceed to not have a player who is fulltime

@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1506465) said:
@jirskyr said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1506454) said:
@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1506295) said:
@jirskyr said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1506294) said:
@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1506286) said:
@jirskyr said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1506282) said:
@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1506259) said:
@barra said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1506247) said:
I think putting yourself before your own family, let alone your community is more selfishness than responsibility?

Wrong again. Wife is exempt, kids too young to be vaxxed (thank god).

Give it another few months and your kids won't be too young any more.

Out of curiosity are your kids vaxxed against the other normal conditions - measles, mumps, rubella etc?

Well mate, go get your kids vaxxed. No one is touching mine

I will for certain. They've already been vaccinated for all the other conditions, COVID will be another. Did your kids get the other jabs - measles, mumps etc?

I hope your kids don’t get any of the side effects and die mate. You will be beside yourself and will hate your decision. COVID has a minimal effect on kids

Vaccines are reported to have have minimal negative effects on kids too. The CDC in the US estimates approx 700 children aged 18 or younger have died from COVID - do you seriously believe 700 American children will be killed by the vaccine?

No, if my kids get side effects from a jab I will be both upset and also accepting of it. I develop drugs for a living, I understand the risk factors better than most people. You follow the lowest-risk path with the greatest benefit for yourself, your family and the community. On all counts (self, family, community) it means vaccination. The mathematics of it are undeniable. There are risks of side effects, as there are with every drug in existence, but the risks of the vaccine in all approved age groups are far lower than the risk of COVID. If the TGA decides there is unacceptable or unnecessary risk for children, they won't approve the COVID vaccines for kids - it's a pretty straightforward process; the people at the TGA have kids too.

But you won't answer my question for some reason - are your kids vaccinated against other non-COVID conditions? The standard ones they get when they are kids.

Sorry mate, yes. Except we are not doing the 4th year vax for my ASD one. He went back to back vaccine with his previous and it
Screwed him right up. He regressed

Good to hear.... Wouldn't want them catching measles.... It's pretty nasty

Didn’t realise Api wasn’t vaccinated and that’s what’s slowing down his contract talks.

An unvaccinated player is likely to be real liability for a club. Rugby League is a winter game and, if Europe's experience is any guide, we can expect Covid to rear its head again next winter. if so, I imagine that there will be increased restrictions on the movements and participation of unvaccinated people during those winter months.
Unvaccinated players will need to be at the top of their game because their stance on this issue must reduce their attractiveness when it comes to contract renewal discussions. My bet is that there will be very few unvaccinated fringe first graders.

The stance some of these players are taking in regard to vaccinations is somewhat unbelievable when you consider they earn good money which can set them up for life and for some if they were not playing football their incomes would be greatly reduced and their futures uncertain

Each to their own, but what club wants to pay a bloke who could easily end up for weeks or months on the sideline after he catches covid?

Not to mention to risk of making teammates, staff or opponents sick.

@elderslie_tiger said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1507704) said:
The stance some of these players are taking in regard to vaccinations is somewhat unbelievable when you consider they earn good money which can set them up for life and for some if they were not playing football their incomes would be greatly reduced and their futures uncertain

People are people and hold a wide range of perceptions and viewpoints. Some that I might think are strange, other find normal and vice versa. I think its important to leave room for this.

It is reported that there are 14 players unvaxxed. This represents 3% of contracted NRL players and that I think is significant.

@tiger5150 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1507781) said:

People are people and hold a wide range of perceptions and viewpoints. Some that I might think are strange, other find normal and vice versa. I think its important to leave room for this.

It is reported that there are 14 players unvaxxed. This represents 3% of contracted NRL players and that I think is significant.

I'd say that's quite insignificant considering there are 480 contracted player and probably 510 next year.

I'd have no problems with NRL letting it go but it sets a bad precedent. What happens if everyone is required to have booster shots.

I'm happy for NRL to "let it go" as long as over 90% of playing group AND football staff is vaccinated. You're never going to get 100% with anything..

@tig_prmz said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1507786) said:
@tiger5150 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1507781) said:

I'd say that's quite insignificant considering there are 480 contracted player and probably 510 next year.

I'd have no problems with NRL letting it go but it sets a bad precedent. What happens if everyone is required to have booster shots.

I'm happy for NRL to "let it go" as long as over 90% of playing group AND football staff is vaccinated. You're never going to get 100% with anything..

Agree, I worded it badly. My point is that is is significant, that the number is so insignificant.

@tiger-tragic said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1507697) said:
@tigerwould said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1507694) said:
Didn’t realise Api wasn’t vaccinated and that’s what’s slowing down his contract talks.

How did you come to realise this?

Reading news in the SM League Live app.

Here’s a cut and paste of of the app

“ the Panthers are concerned about the impacts Apisai Koroisau's absence could have on the club's critical away trips to Queensland and New Zealand next season, as he is yet to decide whether to receive the COVID-19 vaccination.
With state restrictions in place for those that choose to go unvaccinated, Koroisau stands to miss at least four matches in 2022 and therefore leave a sizeable void in the Panthers' dummy-half depths.

The 29-year-old would miss trips to face the Titans (Round 8), Storm (Round 10), Warriors (Round 15) and Cowboys (Round 25) next year, with Panthers chief executive Brian Fletcher expressing his concern surrounding the potential absence of Penrith's star hooker in their premiership defence.

“It’s OK to fine Api but we have to think about the rest of the team, playing four games a year without the club’s number one dummy half," Fletcher told The Daily Telegraph. 

The Panthers and Fletcher are understood to have held a meeting with Koroisau to explain the consequences of going unvaccinated into the new season, however News Corp's report suggests the club have not placed an ultimatum on the Fijian international.

Fletcher, accompanied by a club high-performance manager and a welfare and education co-ordinator, looked to explain the potential repercussions of Koroisau's stance, giving the Blues rake time to mull over his decision prior to returning to the club for training next month.
“We had a good conversation and explained our side, which we have to do,” Fletcher added. “Api understands all the implications of vaccination and non-vaccination.

“It will be his decision. It’s not our decision to tell him to get vaccinated but we just wanted him to understand all the consequences, which he has now taken away to comprehend. Api has had some medical history with it.

“He will get advice on that and get back to us within the month and we’ll go from there. We’ve done our part. It’s a process.”

Koroisau, who is currently one of 15 reported players yet to receive the jab, is set to link up with his teammates for training on December 15.

@tigerwould said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1507819) said:

“ the Panthers are concerned about the impacts Apisai Koroisau's absence could have on the club's critical away trips to Queensland and New Zealand next season, as he is yet to decide whether to receive the COVID-19 vaccination.
With state restrictions in place for those that choose to go unvaccinated, Koroisau stands to miss at least four matches in 2022 and therefore leave a sizeable void in the Panthers' dummy-half depths.

The 29-year-old would miss trips to face the Titans (Round 8), Storm (Round 10), Warriors (Round 15) and Cowboys (Round 25) next year, with Panthers chief executive Brian Fletcher expressing his concern surrounding the potential absence of Penrith's star hooker in their premiership defence.

“It’s OK to fine Api but we have to think about the rest of the team, playing four games a year without the club’s number one dummy half," Fletcher told The Daily Telegraph. 

The Panthers and Fletcher are understood to have held a meeting with Koroisau to explain the consequences of going unvaccinated into the new season, however News Corp's report suggests the club have not placed an ultimatum on the Fijian international.

Fletcher, accompanied by a club high-performance manager and a welfare and education co-ordinator, looked to explain the potential repercussions of Koroisau's stance, giving the Blues rake time to mull over his decision prior to returning to the club for training next month.
“We had a good conversation and explained our side, which we have to do,” Fletcher added. “Api understands all the implications of vaccination and non-vaccination.

“It will be his decision. It’s not our decision to tell him to get vaccinated but we just wanted him to understand all the consequences, which he has now taken away to comprehend. Api has had some medical history with it.

“He will get advice on that and get back to us within the month and we’ll go from there. We’ve done our part. It’s a process.”

Koroisau, who is currently one of 15 reported players yet to receive the jab, is set to link up with his teammates for training on December 15.

Good demonstration of why it is the clubs problem, not the NRLs

@tiger5150 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1507826) said:
@tigerwould said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1507819) said:

Good demonstration of why it is the clubs problem, not the NRLs

Totally disagree. Absolutely gutless by the NRL not to set it as policy and leaving it up to someone else to take make the tough call.

@mike said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1507860) said:
>
Totally disagree. Absolutely gutless by the NRL not to set it as policy and leaving it up to someone else to take make the tough call.

I disagree with you. The easy call would have been to make it compulsory as every other organisation is doing it. Not making it compulsory is less gutless.

V'landy has plenty of negative qualities but the way he has handled the pandemic has been fantastic. Not just him, the entire NRL.

As for the rule changes and using 2020/21 as experiments.. that's another story.

@tig_prmz said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1508118) said:
>

I disagree with you. The easy call would have been to make it compulsory as every other organisation is doing it. Not making it compulsory is less gutless.

V'landy has plenty of negative qualities but the way he has handled the pandemic has been fantastic. Not just him, the entire NRL.

As for the rule changes and using 2020/21 as experiments.. that's another story.

Well we disagree. It’s gutless letting someone else make the inevitable tough call. Weak as water in my opinion. Shows a total lack of leadership.

@mike said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1508122) said:
@tig_prmz said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1508118) said:
>

Well we disagree. It’s gutless letting someone else make the inevitable tough call. Weak as water in my opinion. Shows a total lack of leadership.

I don't think it's inevitable. You're not going to get 100%. They're not letting someone else make the decision. The real leadership is not following the herd and actually doing the maths and figuring it out.

I'm happy to leave it as "agree to disagree" but I think it's totally unfair to call them gutless and weak for actually making a decision different than others. The fact I think it's the right decision is irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Back