@tiger5150 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505648) said:
@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505438) said:
@mike said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505436) said:
@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505434) said:
@mike said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505410) said:
@fibrodreaming said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505403) said:
@mike said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505401) said:
@fibrodreaming said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505399) said:
Of course they are gene therapies, that's well recognised. But it doesn't matter for this discussion. They have never been used before in these numbers and there are no long term safety data.

They definitely are **NOT gene therapies**. This a well established fact. They never enter the nucleus of a cell and cannot alter your genes.

The mRNA enters the cells and instruct the cells to express the spike protein on it's surface, which they do. They have never been used before in a mass vaccination campaign and we have no long term safety data.

Anyway, the point is, there is no long term safety data. If you know of any, please let me know.

I understand what the vaccines do. That's why I know they are not gene therapy, the mRNA vaccines DO NOT ALTER YOUR GENES.

The cell responds as you say a produces a spike protein. The mRNA is then quickly broken down and destroyed by the cell. The spike protein is recognised as a invader and primes your immune system to produces antibodies. If you then do then get a live Covid 19 virus your immune system recognises it and does it's job. It's you immune system that does the heavy lifting.

The vaccines only stay in your system for a very short time. A matter of days, at the most a few weeks for some, and then they are gone.

We already know what the adverse effects of the vaccines are. Longitudinal studies won't reveal any additional adverse effects. What they will do is determine how long the the immune response is, and therefore how often we need boosters. Various aspects of the studies may tell us what is the most effective dose.

@mike, are you a doctor?

No

Why are some people asymptomatic despite not being vaccinated? I thought we have zero immunity to the virus before catching it?

Do you know what asymptomatic means?

Yes. Your point?

My point is your question makes zero sense. Being symptomatic or asymptomatic has nothing to do with being vaccinated. People were symptomatic or asymptomatic with COVID prior to the vaccine being available. Its just a factor of the virus, a factor of the viral load you get, plus plus plus......

What is the question you are trying to ask....immunity? You arent conflating asymptomatic and immune?

What’s the correct terminology for someone that has the virus (full viral load) but has zero symptoms - like not even a sniffle? Is any person/s like this amongst us in society?

Yes, asymptomatic, and yes a small number of people with the virus are asymptomatic. This was the case before and after the vaccine. Still wondering what your question meant? What does being asymptomatic have to do with the vaccine?

So why would an asymptomatic person need to have the vaccine if they don’t get sick? To prevent spreading the virus?

Asymptomatic has zero to do with it. I could understand an argument that if anyone has contracted the virus (symptomatic or non symptomatic) they dont need the vaccine because the natural immunity from having the virus is better and more durable than the vaccine.....but asymptomatic has zero to do with it.

As far as if they havent caught the virus, there is no way of knowing if they are going to be asymptomatic or not. If you catch COVID, you have a 17% chance of being asymptomatic, 10% of being hospitalised and 1-2% chance of dying. Un vaccinated, you spin the wheel.

https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/clinical/australian-study-determines-true-asymptomatic-covi

Checks this out - we may have pre existing immunity to COVID through T cells.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.news-medical.net/amp/news/20201109/Majority-of-population-likely-has-pre-existing-immunity-to-SARS-CoV-2-claim-researchers.aspx

T cells hey? Didn't work out too well for those working for Umbrella Corporation.

Don’t be silly @willow the link is a proper research study by scientists

I'll take my chances with the vaccine thanks.

The point is, did you really need the vaccine in the first place? Your T cell count may have been high enough to prevent infection. That’s why I’m holding off getting vaccinated, until further research is done. Also, further research done into the vaccine/s.

My work has mandated the vaccine so it's either take it, or find another job. Having said that, I would have taken the vaccine regardless of where I work - I know of people who have lost their lives to this virus, that's enough information for me to make an informed decision.

@willow said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505724) said:
@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505721) said:
@willow said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505718) said:
@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505716) said:
@willow said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505715) said:
@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505713) said:
@tiger5150 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505709) said:
@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505705) said:
@tiger5150 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505704) said:
@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505702) said:
@tiger5150 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505661) said:
@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505660) said:
Of course they are gene therapies, that's well recognised. But it doesn't matter for this discussion. They have never been used before in these numbers and there are no long term safety data.

They definitely are **NOT gene therapies**. This a well established fact. They never enter the nucleus of a cell and cannot alter your genes.

The mRNA enters the cells and instruct the cells to express the spike protein on it's surface, which they do. They have never been used before in a mass vaccination campaign and we have no long term safety data.

Anyway, the point is, there is no long term safety data. If you know of any, please let me know.

I understand what the vaccines do. That's why I know they are not gene therapy, the mRNA vaccines DO NOT ALTER YOUR GENES.

The cell responds as you say a produces a spike protein. The mRNA is then quickly broken down and destroyed by the cell. The spike protein is recognised as a invader and primes your immune system to produces antibodies. If you then do then get a live Covid 19 virus your immune system recognises it and does it's job. It's you immune system that does the heavy lifting.

The vaccines only stay in your system for a very short time. A matter of days, at the most a few weeks for some, and then they are gone.

We already know what the adverse effects of the vaccines are. Longitudinal studies won't reveal any additional adverse effects. What they will do is determine how long the the immune response is, and therefore how often we need boosters. Various aspects of the studies may tell us what is the most effective dose.

@mike, are you a doctor?

No

Why are some people asymptomatic despite not being vaccinated? I thought we have zero immunity to the virus before catching it?

Yes. Your point?

My point is your question makes zero sense. Being symptomatic or asymptomatic has nothing to do with being vaccinated. People were symptomatic or asymptomatic with COVID prior to the vaccine being available. Its just a factor of the virus, a factor of the viral load you get, plus plus plus......

What is the question you are trying to ask....immunity? You arent conflating asymptomatic and immune?

What’s the correct terminology for someone that has the virus (full viral load) but has zero symptoms - like not even a sniffle? Is any person/s like this amongst us in society?

Yes, asymptomatic, and yes a small number of people with the virus are asymptomatic. This was the case before and after the vaccine. Still wondering what your question meant? What does being asymptomatic have to do with the vaccine?

So why would an asymptomatic person need to have the vaccine if they don’t get sick? To prevent spreading the virus?

Asymptomatic has zero to do with it. I could understand an argument that if anyone has contracted the virus (symptomatic or non symptomatic) they dont need the vaccine because the natural immunity from having the virus is better and more durable than the vaccine.....but asymptomatic has zero to do with it.

As far as if they havent caught the virus, there is no way of knowing if they are going to be asymptomatic or not. If you catch COVID, you have a 17% chance of being asymptomatic, 10% of being hospitalised and 1-2% chance of dying. Un vaccinated, you spin the wheel.

https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/clinical/australian-study-determines-true-asymptomatic-covi

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.news-medical.net/amp/news/20201109/Majority-of-population-likely-has-pre-existing-immunity-to-SARS-CoV-2-claim-researchers.aspx

T cells hey? Didn't work out too well for those working for Umbrella Corporation.

The point is, did you really need the vaccine in the first place? Your T cell count may have been high enough to prevent infection. That’s why I’m holding off getting vaccinated, until further research is done. Also, further research done into the vaccine/s.

My work has mandated the vaccine so it's either take it, or find another job. Having said that, I would have taken the vaccine regardless of where I work - I know of people who have lost their lives to this virus, that's enough information for me to make an informed decision.

Fully respect your decision @willow

@fibrodreaming said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505622) said:
@mike said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505560) said:
As demonstrated many time it is not gene therapy. The mRNA vaccines do not enter the nucleus and therefore cannot change your DNA. You are spreading misinformation and should be banned for doing so.

So you keep saying. I notice you are a little more precise with your objection this time. You only speak of mRNA vaccines now.

I made the point that they were regarded as gene therapies up to last year but they changed the definition to exclude mRNA.

But what about the AstraZeneca vaccine ?? The link I provided to Oxford University's Vaccine Group advises that the DNA of the AZ does enter the nucleus.

As jirskyr said, what does it matter ? In truth it doesn't. We know how the vaccines work and we are playing with definitions.

What does make me cranky is that you and TT have succumbed to your inner totalitarian and demanded that I be banned. That does not reflect well on either of you.

It won’t reflect on me.

You are deliberately spreading misinformation and as such your ability to do so should be removed.

@mike, are you a doctor?

No

Yes. Your point?

That’s what I said..

This thread was about the NRL.. then turned into well I don’t really know..

@mike said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505731) said:
As demonstrated many time it is not gene therapy. The mRNA vaccines do not enter the nucleus and therefore cannot change your DNA. You are spreading misinformation and should be banned for doing so.

So you keep saying. I notice you are a little more precise with your objection this time. You only speak of mRNA vaccines now.

I made the point that they were regarded as gene therapies up to last year but they changed the definition to exclude mRNA.

But what about the AstraZeneca vaccine ?? The link I provided to Oxford University's Vaccine Group advises that the DNA of the AZ does enter the nucleus.

As jirskyr said, what does it matter ? In truth it doesn't. We know how the vaccines work and we are playing with definitions.

What does make me cranky is that you and TT have succumbed to your inner totalitarian and demanded that I be banned. That does not reflect well on either of you.

It won’t reflect on me.

You are deliberately spreading misinformation and as such your ability to do should be removed.

@mike oh mike, take a chill pill brother. Who is he hurting? Worse has been said on here which I classify as a form of bullying and those haven’t been banned. He clearly said its irrelevant whether the vaccine

It won’t reflect on me.

You are deliberately spreading misinformation and as such your ability to do should be removed.

Mike, he clearly said it’s irrelevant wether the vaccine enters
alters cells. Even I don’t believe we are all going to turn into zombies.

@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505734) said:

It won’t reflect on me.

@mike oh mike, take a chill pill brother. Who is he hurting? Worse has been said on here which I classify as a form of bullying and those haven’t been banned. He clearly said its irrelevant whether the vaccine

It won’t reflect on me.

Mike, he clearly said it’s irrelevant wether the vaccine enters
alters cells. Even I don’t believe we are all going to turn into zombies.

I don’t give a hoot if you take the vaccine or not, that’s your decision.

What I strongly object to is spreading misinformation which is clearly false. If the topic wasn’t so serious the nonsense posted would be laughable, however it is serious and deliberately spreading misinformation should not be tolerated.

@mike, are you a doctor?

No

Yes. Your point?

It is an interesting article, still dont get any correlation to being asymptomatic. If you are asymptomatic, you still have been infected with the virus, so you are not immune. As I said before, once you are infected you spin the wheel.

@mike, are you a doctor?

No

Yes. Your point?

The vaccine works by activating your T cells (and B cells).

@mike, are you a doctor?

No

Yes. Your point?

You know you can test for your T cell immunity?

@tiger5150 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505759) said:

@mike, are you a doctor?

No

Yes. Your point?

I was thinking to test it. I very rarely get sick. The whole family at home is sick with a virus at the moment (2 x COVID tests this week - both negative) and me not even as much as a sniffle.

@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505761) said:
@tiger5150 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505759) said:

@mike, are you a doctor?

No

Yes. Your point?

I was thinking to test it. I very rarely get sick. The whole family at home is sick with a virus at the moment (2 x COVID tests this week - both negative) and me not even as much as a sniffle.

Means nothing other than you may have some immunity to what they have (could be anything). If you are hanging the health and safety of yourself and your kids/family on your T cell immunity, I think it would be worth testing.

A suggestion, a lot of this stuff has already been covered (to death) in the Coronavirus thread. Unless it is specifically about the players, how about we keep all the 'rona chat in there?

https://weststigersforum.com/topic/30513/coronavirus-outbreak/16707

**Worldwide**
% fully vaccinated **40.9%**

**NSW** vax rates:
Official data shows 94.2 per cent of people have had a single jab, while **91 per cent** are fully vaccinated.

If the vaccination rates in Aust. and here in NSW were still low as they used to be then there would be a greater concern about spreading misinformation, but it now looks like we will be nearly 100% in the new year, Maybe we should turn our attention to the rest of the World and ask why is it after two long years of a world pandemic the World's vax rate is still only 40.9% ?

Doesn't this mean that we should't be concerned about what now looks like a handful of unvaxxed people here, but should really be worried about us travelling overseas and those people who are coming from overseas?

So Api is another player who may not get it. You could put together a half decent side of unvaccinated players

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2021-api-koroisau-penrith-panthers-grand-final-parade-covid19-vaccination-nelson-asofasolomona-melbourne-storm-jason-taumalolo-cowboys/news-story/3353dfce26e134730afa1a0b8c415b41

@chicken_faced_killa said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505779) said:
So Api is another player who may not get it. You could put together a half decent side of unvaccinated players

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2021-api-koroisau-penrith-panthers-grand-final-parade-covid19-vaccination-nelson-asofasolomona-melbourne-storm-jason-taumalolo-cowboys/news-story/3353dfce26e134730afa1a0b8c415b41

They will be looking for new work … just as the courts told the miners in Newcastle this week , get the shot or get a new job no argument here .. the players association have had legal advice and now concur!

Some conflicting statements are being made by the Storm club??

Storm CEO Justin Rodski says that, if Solomona does not get vaccinated "it will have “significant implications” on both the club and player."
But
Chairman Matt Tripp says,
“At the end of the day it’s his choice and we’ll support him either way,”
“If he doesn’t want to get vaxxed, we’ll work our way through it.

Can you imagine if these conflicting statements were made by the WT?
the daily telecrap would be writing about it for the rest of this year.

@finesttigers said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505789) said:
Some conflicting statements are being made by the Storm club??

Storm CEO Justin Rodski says that, if Solomona does not get vaccinated "it will have “significant implications” on both the club and player."
But
Chairman Matt Tripp says,
“At the end of the day it’s his choice and we’ll support him either way,”
“If he doesn’t want to get vaxxed, we’ll work our way through it.

Can you imagine if these conflicting statements were made by the WT?
the daily telecrap would be writing about it for the rest of this year.

It’s not up to the club the government have mandated it in Victoria.

Is there a single thread which remains on topic left on this forum? 🙄

Would appear, by method of deduction, that Kei is our troublesome antivaxxer. Pretty sure I've seen Tuilagi in some pics at training, but not Kei? Wouldn't have thought Kei would be on 150k though

@balmain-boy said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505803) said:

Would appear, by method of deduction, that Kei is our troublesome antivaxxer. Pretty sure I've seen Tuilagi in some pics at training, but not Kei? Wouldn't have thought Kei would be on 150k though

Kei has been at training.

@balmain-boy said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505803) said:

Second from the right.

![img_0745.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1636891195898-img_0745.jpg)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back