@tiger5150 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505648) said:
@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505438) said:
@mike said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505436) said:
@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505434) said:
@mike said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505410) said:
@fibrodreaming said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505403) said:
@mike said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505401) said:
@fibrodreaming said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505399) said:
Of course they are gene therapies, that's well recognised. But it doesn't matter for this discussion. They have never been used before in these numbers and there are no long term safety data.

They definitely are **NOT gene therapies**. This a well established fact. They never enter the nucleus of a cell and cannot alter your genes.

The mRNA enters the cells and instruct the cells to express the spike protein on it's surface, which they do. They have never been used before in a mass vaccination campaign and we have no long term safety data.

Anyway, the point is, there is no long term safety data. If you know of any, please let me know.

I understand what the vaccines do. That's why I know they are not gene therapy, the mRNA vaccines DO NOT ALTER YOUR GENES.

The cell responds as you say a produces a spike protein. The mRNA is then quickly broken down and destroyed by the cell. The spike protein is recognised as a invader and primes your immune system to produces antibodies. If you then do then get a live Covid 19 virus your immune system recognises it and does it's job. It's you immune system that does the heavy lifting.

The vaccines only stay in your system for a very short time. A matter of days, at the most a few weeks for some, and then they are gone.

We already know what the adverse effects of the vaccines are. Longitudinal studies won't reveal any additional adverse effects. What they will do is determine how long the the immune response is, and therefore how often we need boosters. Various aspects of the studies may tell us what is the most effective dose.

@mike, are you a doctor?

No

Why are some people asymptomatic despite not being vaccinated? I thought we have zero immunity to the virus before catching it?

Do you know what asymptomatic means?

Yes. Your point?

My point is your question makes zero sense. Being symptomatic or asymptomatic has nothing to do with being vaccinated. People were symptomatic or asymptomatic with COVID prior to the vaccine being available. Its just a factor of the virus, a factor of the viral load you get, plus plus plus......

What is the question you are trying to ask....immunity? You arent conflating asymptomatic and immune?

@chicken_faced_killa said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505658) said:
@finesttigers said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505654) said:
@chicken_faced_killa said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505651) said:
@finesttigers said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505632) said:
You can’t talk freedom of speech as you were one of the biggest supporters of removing the down vote. Taking away a form of expression for others. Now people are forced to verbally express their dislike. You can’t complain about both systems

Sign language is an important part of communicating, but unfortunately when its used in social media sites, there's no doubt that people have unfairly and deliberately misused it for the purpose of mistreating other people.

As I said you can’t complain about being bullied and call out people for picking on you when using down votes and when that system is removed start complaining about people expressing a different point of view.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh me! You are just making assumptions because you haven't read my post have you?
How about you read and understand it
Then we can talk.

@pascoes_barber said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505647) said:
@FinestTigers the great thing about evidence-based science is that opinions and feelings posted here are worth exactly we've paid for them said:
For those that enjoy peddling harmful misinformation that actively causes negative health outcomes for others gullible enough to get sucked into the rabbit-hole of conspiracy theories and anti-vax propaganda: You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Let it go @Pascoes_barber you are borderline online bullying with some of your responses.

@finesttigers said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505662) said:
You can’t talk freedom of speech as you were one of the biggest supporters of removing the down vote. Taking away a form of expression for others. Now people are forced to verbally express their dislike. You can’t complain about both systems

Sign language is an important part of communicating, but unfortunately when its used in social media sites, there's no doubt that people have unfairly and deliberately misused it for the purpose of mistreating other people.

As I said you can’t complain about being bullied and call out people for picking on you when using down votes and when that system is removed start complaining about people expressing a different point of view.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh me! You are just making assumptions because you haven't read my post have you?
Then we can talk.

Mate I’ve read your post supporting Dgilly and it is just you complaining that people with different opinions gang up on others and shout them down. You had stuff in their about black and white sheep. I understand the point you are trying to making but you constantly want to make yourself or those you believe in the victim.

Honestly you have a hard time comprehending that others can have a different opinion to you and express it either through stating they disagree or a downvote.

In terms of your sign language post i know where you stand on that issue because you painted yourself as the victim of the downvote system multiple times. I disagree with your stance.

@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505663) said:
@pascoes_barber said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505647) said:
@FinestTigers the great thing about evidence-based science is that opinions and feelings posted here are worth exactly we've paid for them said:
For those that enjoy peddling harmful misinformation that actively causes negative health outcomes for others gullible enough to get sucked into the rabbit-hole of conspiracy theories and anti-vax propaganda: You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Let it go @Pascoes_barber you are borderline online bullying with some of your responses.

Absolute nonsense.

If you feel in some way impugned by the second sentence (that wasn't directed at anyone in particular) have a good think about why that may be.

'*Open your mind*' as it were.

;)

We had a bloke at work not too long ago started complaining very soon after.commencing, was always comparing about "how we.did it in my old job" (same work)
Then started bandying around.terms like harassment and bullying to management... Also began refusing to perform certain aspects of the job despite signing on for a trial period.
Started throwing serious accusations around against other staff
This all within the first few weeks of starting

Failed the trial period and thankfully he was punted

@chicken_faced_killa said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505666) said:

Then we can talk.

Mate I’ve read your post supporting Dgilly and it is just you complaining that people with different opinions gang up on others and shout them down. You had stuff in their about black and white sheep. I understand the point you are trying to making but you constantly want to make yourself or those you believe in the victim.

Honestly you have a hard time comprehending that others can have a different opinion to you and express it either through stating they disagree or a downvote.

In terms of your sign language post i know where you stand on that issue because you painted yourself as the victim of the downvote system multiple times. I disagree with your stance.

That's fine, that's your opinion,
And i'll never have a habit of constantly attacking people for their opinions..
**The earth has music for those who listen**

@innsaneink said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505668) said:
We had a bloke at work not too long ago started complaining very soon after.commencing, was always comparing about "how we.did it in my old job" (same work)
Then started bandying around.terms like harassment and bullying to management... Also began refusing to perform certain aspects of the job despite signing on for a trial period.
Started throwing serious accusations around against other staff
This all within the first few weeks of starting

Failed the trial period and thankfully he was punted

Benji didn't work out ...huh

@finesttigers said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505670) said:

Then we can talk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vBesOFURek

@pascoes_barber said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505673) said:

Then we can talk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vBesOFURek

Thanks for that pascoes,
But you could of just written a quick reply
Instead of making a video of yourself.?

Then we can talk.

for those who listen.........like the ***special*** ones?

@tiger5150 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505661) said:
@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505660) said:
Of course they are gene therapies, that's well recognised. But it doesn't matter for this discussion. They have never been used before in these numbers and there are no long term safety data.

They definitely are **NOT gene therapies**. This a well established fact. They never enter the nucleus of a cell and cannot alter your genes.

The mRNA enters the cells and instruct the cells to express the spike protein on it's surface, which they do. They have never been used before in a mass vaccination campaign and we have no long term safety data.

Anyway, the point is, there is no long term safety data. If you know of any, please let me know.

I understand what the vaccines do. That's why I know they are not gene therapy, the mRNA vaccines DO NOT ALTER YOUR GENES.

The cell responds as you say a produces a spike protein. The mRNA is then quickly broken down and destroyed by the cell. The spike protein is recognised as a invader and primes your immune system to produces antibodies. If you then do then get a live Covid 19 virus your immune system recognises it and does it's job. It's you immune system that does the heavy lifting.

The vaccines only stay in your system for a very short time. A matter of days, at the most a few weeks for some, and then they are gone.

We already know what the adverse effects of the vaccines are. Longitudinal studies won't reveal any additional adverse effects. What they will do is determine how long the the immune response is, and therefore how often we need boosters. Various aspects of the studies may tell us what is the most effective dose.

@mike, are you a doctor?

No

Why are some people asymptomatic despite not being vaccinated? I thought we have zero immunity to the virus before catching it?

Yes. Your point?

My point is your question makes zero sense. Being symptomatic or asymptomatic has nothing to do with being vaccinated. People were symptomatic or asymptomatic with COVID prior to the vaccine being available. Its just a factor of the virus, a factor of the viral load you get, plus plus plus......

What is the question you are trying to ask....immunity? You arent conflating asymptomatic and immune?

What’s the correct terminology for someone that has the virus (full viral load) but has zero symptoms - like not even a sniffle? Is any person/s like this amongst us in society?

@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505702) said:

@mike, are you a doctor?

No

Yes. Your point?

What’s the correct terminology for someone that has the virus (full viral load) but has zero symptoms - like not even a sniffle? Is any person/s like this amongst us in society?

Yes, asymptomatic, and yes a small number of people with the virus are asymptomatic. This was the case before and after the vaccine. Still wondering what your question meant? What does being asymptomatic have to do with the vaccine?

@tiger5150 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505704) said:

@mike, are you a doctor?

No

Yes. Your point?

Yes, asymptomatic, and yes a small number of people with the virus are asymptomatic. This was the case before and after the vaccine. Still wondering what your question meant? What does being asymptomatic have to do with the vaccine?

So why would an asymptomatic person need to have the vaccine if they don’t get sick? To prevent spreading the virus?

@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505705) said:

@mike, are you a doctor?

No

Yes. Your point?

So why would an asymptomatic person need to have the vaccine if they don’t get sick? To prevent spreading the virus?

Asymptomatic has zero to do with it. I could understand an argument that if anyone has contracted the virus (symptomatic or non symptomatic) they dont need the vaccine because the natural immunity from having the virus is better and more durable than the vaccine.....but asymptomatic has zero to do with it.

As far as if they havent caught the virus, there is no way of knowing if they are going to be asymptomatic or not. If you catch COVID, you have a 17% chance of being asymptomatic, 10% of being hospitalised and 1-2% chance of dying. Un vaccinated, you spin the wheel.

https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/clinical/australian-study-determines-true-asymptomatic-covi

@tiger5150 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505709) said:

@mike, are you a doctor?

No

Yes. Your point?

Asymptomatic has zero to do with it. I could understand an argument that if anyone has contracted the virus (symptomatic or non symptomatic) they dont need the vaccine because the natural immunity from having the virus is better and more durable than the vaccine.....but asymptomatic has zero to do with it.

As far as if they havent caught the virus, there is no way of knowing if they are going to be asymptomatic or not. If you catch COVID, you have a 17% chance of being asymptomatic, 10% of being hospitalised and 1-2% chance of dying. Un vaccinated, you spin the wheel.

https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/clinical/australian-study-determines-true-asymptomatic-covi

Checks this out - we may have pre existing immunity to COVID through T cells.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.news-medical.net/amp/news/20201109/Majority-of-population-likely-has-pre-existing-immunity-to-SARS-CoV-2-claim-researchers.aspx

@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505713) said:

@mike, are you a doctor?

No

Yes. Your point?

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.news-medical.net/amp/news/20201109/Majority-of-population-likely-has-pre-existing-immunity-to-SARS-CoV-2-claim-researchers.aspx

T cells hey? Didn't work out too well for those working for Umbrella Corporation.

@willow said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505715) said:

@mike, are you a doctor?

No

Yes. Your point?

T cells hey? Didn't work out too well for those working for Umbrella Corporation.

Don’t be silly @willow the link is a proper research study by scientists

@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505716) said:

@mike, are you a doctor?

No

Yes. Your point?

I'll take my chances with the vaccine thanks.

@willow said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505718) said:
@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505716) said:

@mike, are you a doctor?

No

Yes. Your point?

I'll take my chances with the vaccine thanks.

The point is, did you really need the vaccine in the first place? Your T cell count may have been high enough to prevent infection. That’s why I’m holding off getting vaccinated, until further research is done. Also, further research done into the vaccine/s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back