NRL. Anti-Vaxers..

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tiger-tragic said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1519843) said:
@eternal-tiger said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1519837) said:
Vlandys didn't mandate the vaccine for fear of 100 players jumping ship and playing Union instead. AFL and Soccer don't have the issue of a similar code being a threat.

This is a classic example of where the downvote could be used. There is zero evidence at all to support that first sentence. None. Ziltch. Blot.

IF they were to switch codes, I don't think the money (or lack of) would be to their liking.

Vlandys didn't mandate the vaccine for fear of 100 players jumping ship and playing Union instead. AFL and Soccer don't have the issue of a similar code being a threat.

This is a classic example of where the downvote could be used. There is zero evidence at all to support that first sentence. None. Ziltch. Blot.

An NRL player has told me there are more than a few high-profile players that have threatened to quit and play Union if the vaccine was mandated so @Eternal-Tiger is actually right even if there’s no media reports regarding it etc.

He’s probably just heard the same thing I have.

@geo said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1519807) said:
Here is the reaction to what some of the intellectually challenged have come out with in response to the NRL Covid restrictions….

Canberra Raiders and NSW Blues five-eighth Jack Wighton, “Thought I was getting the stupid vax so I didn't have to put up with this shit".

Josh Addo-Carr, "Unbelievable, got double vaxed for (nothing)"

Latrell Mitchell, “WTF?".

They are NRL players and not Rocket Scientists for a reason.

With their attitudes they shouldn't even be NRL players.

Missing out on signing all of those knuckleheads was a blessing in disguise as far as I'm concerned.

@getagrip said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1519860) said:

IF they were to switch codes, I don't think the money (or lack of) would be to their liking.

Some of their beliefs regarding the vaccine are that strong they’d be willing to do it.

Pretty insane to me.

After I read online that Covid actually comes from mosquitoes I now burn mosquito coils 24/7 with doors and windows shut. Can anyone recommend a good remedy for hay fever?

@paul-wright said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1519831) said:
Here is the reaction to what some of the intellectually challenged have come out with in response to the NRL Covid restrictions….

Canberra Raiders and NSW Blues five-eighth Jack Wighton, “Thought I was getting the stupid vax so I didn't have to put up with this shit".

To think that some of our supporters wanted these intellectual giants to be senior players in our squad.Thank goodness they are not with us

Particularly troubling given their heritage and the concern that the indigenous are likely to be more susceptible to infection and further complications.

@kul said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1519835) said:
My belief is that those who aren't vaccinate are unsafe so I don't want them near my team.

How does one being unvaccinated have a bearing on the safety of the vaccinated? As we can see, the vaccinated are spreading this virus like a wild fire. Its like me saying "Kul put your sunscreen on so I dont get burnt".

@jirskyr said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1519858) said:
@philgood said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1519814) said:

Yeah and the players make an excellent point. Using vaccination as the ONLY method of dealing with this pandemic is floored, idiotic, and the results are there for all to see. Been 2 years and we still going round in circles.

As it stands, there is no treatment for covid until your lungs are damaged and you cant breathe. You are then advised to go to hospital (ahh too late perhaps?).

A better way is giving EARLY medical care (which exist via many different forms of effective medicines - ivrmctn, hydroxychloroquin, even quercetin). This way people would stay out of hospital, we wouldnt have lockdowns, and we get on with life again

Not correct at all.

Nobody is using vaccination as the only method of dealing with pandemic.

And the word is "flawed".

Do u feel better now that you can spell?

What else we using to deal with the virus? Dont say social distancing, masks etc

@philgood said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1519895) said:
My belief is that those who aren't vaccinate are unsafe so I don't want them near my team.

Mate how does one being unvaccinated have a bearing on the safety of the vaccinated? As we can see, the vaccinated are spreading this virus like a wild fire. Its like me saying "Kul put your sunscreen on so I dont get burnt". If one is vaccinated, they 'should' have the protection.

@rustycage said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1519886) said:
@paul-wright said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1519831) said:

To think that some of our supporters wanted these intellectual giants to be senior players in our squad.Thank goodness they are not with us

Particularly troubling given their heritage and the concern that the indigenous are likely to be more susceptible to infection and further complications.

Exactly. I indigenous through my father and I remind my Kin what happened when European settlers brought European deseases with them. Wiped out alot of indigenous people. Latrell and the rest should be reminding people the risks of overseas born viruses.

@jirskyr said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1519858) said:
@philgood said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1519814) said:

Yeah and the players make an excellent point. Using vaccination as the ONLY method of dealing with this pandemic is floored, idiotic, and the results are there for all to see. Been 2 years and we still going round in circles.

As it stands, there is no treatment for covid until your lungs are damaged and you cant breathe. You are then advised to go to hospital (ahh too late perhaps?).

A better way is giving EARLY medical care (which exist via many different forms of effective medicines - ivrmctn, hydroxychloroquin, even quercetin). This way people would stay out of hospital, we wouldnt have lockdowns, and we get on with life again

Not correct at all.

Nobody is using vaccination as the only method of dealing with pandemic.

And the word is "flawed".

That's correct. Go home, isolate, wait to see if you get so sick you need to go back to hospital and if necessary, not only get jabbed but put on to Remdesivir and hope it doesn't damage your kidneys.
Maybe, just maybe, early treatment with known safe drugs when you first get any symptoms may actually stop this thing in its tracks.
But hey, that doesn't make the big bucks for the 'big boys club'.

![59C9C83E-48F3-460D-8DD9-FF5846FA4CE5.jpeg](/assets/uploads/files/1641349844147-59c9c83e-48f3-460d-8dd9-ff5846fa4ce5.jpeg)

Our very own Joe Offa not happy about the restrictions placed upon NRL players…

@kingrobbie said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1519902) said:
![59C9C83E-48F3-460D-8DD9-FF5846FA4CE5.jpeg](/assets/uploads/files/1641349844147-59c9c83e-48f3-460d-8dd9-ff5846fa4ce5.jpeg)

Our very own Joe Offa not happy about the restrictions placed upon NRL players…

Let me play the worlds smallest violin for him.

@philgood said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1519895) said:

How does one being unvaccinated have a bearing on the safety of the vaccinated? As we can see, the vaccinated are spreading this virus like a wild fire. Its like me saying "Kul put your sunscreen on so I dont get burnt".

The unvaccinated are more likely to spread the virus than those who are and also are more likely to spread the virus than vaccinated people.
The NRL's stance is appropriate from the advise they're given by medical authorities.
What pray tell, would the state of the world be (which stands at approx 295,579,454 cases, 5,473,632 deaths) if nobody took the vaccine. From the amount of confirmed cases the roll on effect with no vaccine would be absolutely catastrophic especially third world countries where social distancing, masks and vaccines are non-existent.
It's a bit like pyramid selling. Qld went from zero to thousands practically overnight when the boarders reopened.
To a degree I understand peoples opinion about trying to fight it yourself but this is no ordinary flu.
This is my opinion so please be nice hey. ?

I'm with the players complaining here. 1 in 30 people in NSW have produced positive covid-19 PCR tests in the last three weeks. The real number of infected could be double that if not more. We're realistically looking at a situation where by the time the NRL season starts, 50% of the state/country will have had the virus.

People should basically start treating getting the omicron variant as an inevitability. Measures like that are unduly restrictive and its the equivalent to a dog chasing it's tail. It's not like before where we had a handful of cases being announced everyday - players are going to get it from wives/children/family at home, then spread it at training and then at games. You'll have massive outbreaks regardless, might as well just let them live normally.

Luke 50%, really?
I'll agree with that only if current protocols aren't met. I refer to my observation about the Qld border reopening.
I get it that Qld has less people per square km compared to say, Victoria, who have had it tough. Some might argue that is the case but it only confirms that the virus spreads through close contact.
So why has Qld done so well in highly populated areas like Brisbane and major rural towns. I also wonder how things would be going if people didn't go out partying on new years eve or the demonstrations and night clubs, mmmm. You should see the COVID testing line ups about a week after NYE, unbloodybelievable.
Spare a thought for millions of people who are vulnerable and can't "just live with it"
As far as footy players are concerned the top playing group are pretty well compensated with dollars whilst they have to obey these rules, geez I couldn't save 10k in 4 years compared to there income.
We've controlled viruses and other diseases since the smallpox in the early 1800s, why are we so precious now when a potentially catastrophic virus hits us?
P.S. Tim Mander, ex NRL ref is our local LNP member and I'm going to try and get in his ear to try and get local gov to have Q&A sessions with medical authorities and reps from anti vax and pro vax and gen public to be informed and to have everyone's voice heard in a peaceful way, hasn't been done up here so it will be interesting to see what the reaction will be.

I think so. Case numbers just keep growing and don't look like they're going to be stopping any time soon. Even if conservatively say 6-7% of the population has had it, if we double that each month, that gets us to 30% by march. All that takes is for an infected person to infect another 2 people, who then infect others.

I had a neg result this past week but was the sickest i have been in years. Go figure.

We as a community and a nation need to be a fraction less selfish.

@lukic said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1519933) said:
I think so. Case numbers just keep growing and don't look like they're going to be stopping any time soon. Even if conservatively say 6-7% of the population has had it, if we double that each month, that gets us to 30% by march. All that takes is for an infected person to infect another 2 people, who then infect others.

Forget about % what your saying I think is 13million Australian will be affected, mmm. Do you think this is acceptable? I'm not being a smart arse mate I'm one of those vulnerable, same with my wife.
I'm just trying to make sense with this anti-vax stuff.
I reflect back to when Qld went into lockdown and we got down to zero again. I'm not throwing my hands in the air and say to he'll with it.
I do have faith in the brilliant medical minds we have at our service and one day we might look back and say "we did it"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back