NRL Finals 2022 - Spoilers

The rise of Tom Dearden this year shows how much of mental game footy is. They all knew he could play but lost all confidence at the Broncos. Put him outside a seasoned successful HB and good pack - a remarkable turn around. Thought Payten was nuts paying what they did for Townsend but buy of the year for mine. Cowboys gone from the cellar to possibly the only team capable of knocking off the Panthers.

The players were playing like thugs especially Radley and JWH. Deserved to be sent to the bin each time. I'm not Klein's biggest fan but don't think he could have done much else. The bunker made most of the decisions anyway.

The game was crap because the players were more interested in belting each other and showing why they are the alpha male rather than footballing ability. It was a pissing contest to see who's a tougher man. The game has evolved away from that years ago.
Yea these days its all hugs and kisses afterwards - a few laughs with the team that just flogged you. If thats the evolution of the game then its truly stuffed.

This is the first time since 2005 that neither the Roosters or Storm will play in the prelim finals.

The last finals series that did not feature either the Roosters or Storm was 3 years before the Storm entered the comp, in 1995.
Yep it’s a well balanced comp with equal opportunities for all teams.

Thought there were a few unnecessary sinbins but Klein lost control and had to keep sending them.
There is a huge problem in the rules when a player can head-high an opponent and the injured guy is taken off for 15 minutes for an HIA, or worse for the rest of the game, and the perpetrator and his team get no punishment (other than giving away a penalty) and are better off by performing the infringement.
The roosters losing Teddy in that way was very costly.
Once he set the precedent with the first one, he couldn’t soften his stance.

He knew it would be a physical game given the teams that were playing and it feels like he went into it pre-meditated.

Most of the sin bins were a total farce.

Yea these days its all hugs and kisses afterwards - a few laughs with the team that just flogged you. If thats the evolution of the game then its truly stuffed.
Yes that's called maturity and leaving it on the field. Fair enough if they don't show that they care when they play the game but both these teams showed they care about their Club. Being able to shake their hands, give them a hug and say Good Game is called sportsmanship. Always been that way.

Once he set the precedent with the first one, he couldn’t soften his stance.

He knew it would be a physical game given the teams that were playing and it feels like he went into it pre-meditated.

Most of the sin bins were a total farce.
I disagree. And even if the ref seems to have the intention of being strict then you should be more careful. Storm vs Raiders was physical without the pissing contest.

Watched Annessley briefing and as usual his whitewash technique is so obvious .I watched games and not supporting any team I could see a few plain wrong decisions .What he does is he carefully selects 2 or 3 incidents where the ref was right but maybe camera angles not clear . He avoids any incident where ref was wrong .
In Storm game he shows a knock on call against NAS which slow motion shows he lost ball . But no mention of penalty against Harry Grant competing for ball in a bomb . He avoided the Roosters Souths game altogether and supported both calls favouring Holmes in Cows game

Renamed the title of the thread to include all finals games including QRL Cup because there are only few posts from different games already.
On right now is the prelim final in QLD Cup Dolphins v Bears on foxtel.
Tonight is the big game Sharks v Rabbitohs.
Keep it all here champions. 👍

Watching both Jets v Dogs NSW cup must be hard to ref a sea of blue and white also watching QLD cup Dolphins v Bears Much bigger crowd at Qld cup
Also see big talent pool North of the border which we should exploit .The Storm sure do

Watching both Jets v Dogs NSW cup must be hard to ref a sea of blue and white also watching QLD cup Dolphins v Bears Much bigger crowd at Qld cup
Also see big talent pool North of the border which we should exploit .The Storm sure do
Absolutely. Big Tino's brother did get much of a run hey.

My fears for the future of this game came well and truly alive today, with the 7 sin binnings and the constant lay on the ground either clutching a head or neck for what seemed to consume half of the overall game. We are seeing this creep more and more into all games, but today for mine really highlights the enormity of the problems moving forward with the new ruling system that has been brought in. For all the rule changes to speed the game up and make it more entertaining, well this ruling is now creating the opposite and giving players cause to rort the system that has been put in place in order to protect them. This will not be the last that we see of another game like today's.
The problem is not the rules but the Bunker. The Bunker is in charge of the game not the Ref. Restrict the Bunker to try scoring situations only and the problem will disappear. Players are doing equivalent of a ‘Captain Challenge’ by staying down. It’s getting as bad as soccer, maybe even worse. Remove the power from the Bunker and allow the Refs to control the game and the problem would be solved.

Back